Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #1
waterboybueche OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Large cc scrambler/tracker/brat style??

Thanks for reading... I have some questions for all you that are into the scrambler/tracker/brat style bikes....

I sold my KLR 1.5 yrs ago and would like another bike soon... I am interested in an older 80's style standard bike...

I want to throw some dual sport/knobbies, dirt handlebars, strip it of extra things I dont like and ride the crap out of it...I dont see any larger displacement (1000-1100 cc's) I have searched and searched, seems like most of the types/styles of bikes I like are 650cc and under....

My reasoning??? I am 6'2: and 275 lbs... I am kinda a big guy and always feel like an idiot riding small bikes.....

I hated the KLR at speed... I think I should had tried changing the rear shock before I sold it to hold my weight better... the bike seemed to float around with the front tire ready to wash out at anytime,,,,

I want a bike to take down dirt roads and take me home after... plus I like the look of an old standard bike made custom to the owners wants and needs....

Any thoughts??? PICS???

I had a 75 Goldwing years ago and have been thinking about another... Kinda a rat, tracker looking mean machine???

Thanks for your help and please be kind!!
waterboybueche is offline   Reply With Quote