ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #331
NordieBoy
Armature speller
 
NordieBoy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Kiwiland
Oddometer: 7,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by TINK View Post
Kawi rider 284x standing on the gas at RM167
Why doesn't he just get taller handlebars if he likes riding in that position?
NordieBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:47 PM   #332
hammerinn101
hammerinn101
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Yuma,AZ
Oddometer: 11
bay of LA

Made it to bay of LA, called it after face plant in the canyon.Learned a lot I'll be back.271x
hammerinn101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:17 PM   #333
Irish1
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Paradise,CA
Oddometer: 490
All of you racers are heroes: gritty exemplars of fortitude and courage. It's been huge fun following your struggles and achievements. Thank you.
Irish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:17 AM   #334
karmataburn
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhrc628 View Post
Presumably Quinn wears knee braces?

Strange that he got a fracture if he was?
I agree with woodzrider. If Quinn was wearing knee braces, the braces more than likely contributed to the broken femur. I have had a few friends break there femurs while wearing knee braces and all 3 of the fractures occurred right where the top of the braces sit over the femur bone.

At the 2010 Baja 500 I blew out my ACL during my section. I was wearing knee braces and did not even crash. My foot caught a rock while in a turn and the tank pushed into my knee. It was actually uneventful but I knew I had just blown my knee. The next guy on my team went down and broke his femur. At the time I felt my injury was no where near as severe as his.

My friend with the broken femur ended up back at work 3 weeks after his surgery and made a full recovery in about 7 months. I went in 2 weeks after my injury and had my ACL replaced. It took me 7 months to get back to riding a bicycle and 10 months to start riding Moto. Even though I am fully recovered I can always tell that my injured knee is not the same as it was before the injury. In hindsight even though I am sure it is way more traumatic to break a femur I would rather deal with that then a soft tissue injury.

Sorry for the long winded rant and the slight de rail of the thread but I am a huge fan of Knee braces and I blame my injury on a lack of knowledge on how to properly fit them and set them up.
karmataburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:01 PM   #335
rmhrc628
Beastly Adventurer
 
rmhrc628's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: The high country VIC
Oddometer: 2,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmataburn View Post
I agree with woodzrider. If Quinn was wearing knee braces, the braces more than likely contributed to the broken femur. I have had a few friends break there femurs while wearing knee braces and all 3 of the fractures occurred right where the top of the braces sit over the femur bone.

At the 2010 Baja 500 I blew out my ACL during my section. I was wearing knee braces and did not even crash. My foot caught a rock while in a turn and the tank pushed into my knee. It was actually uneventful but I knew I had just blown my knee. The next guy on my team went down and broke his femur. At the time I felt my injury was no where near as severe as his.

My friend with the broken femur ended up back at work 3 weeks after his surgery and made a full recovery in about 7 months. I went in 2 weeks after my injury and had my ACL replaced. It took me 7 months to get back to riding a bicycle and 10 months to start riding Moto. Even though I am fully recovered I can always tell that my injured knee is not the same as it was before the injury. In hindsight even though I am sure it is way more traumatic to break a femur I would rather deal with that then a soft tissue injury.

Sorry for the long winded rant and the slight de rail of the thread but I am a huge fan of Knee braces and I blame my injury on a lack of knowledge on how to properly fit them and set them up.

My point re Quinn was normally when a knee brace causes a fracture the get off is massive. That's because the upper and lower legs are much stronger. So I was saying more about his type of get off really. Most if not all pros probably are using knee braces. The same sort of forces are faced by extreme Dh skiing.

You were wearing knee braces and blew your knee out in an uneventful crash?

I'd hate to hear an eventful crash!!

Knee braces improve resistance to injury overall. If you don't wear them at all then of course you'll blow your knee more often. They are knee braces. They transfer load to larger stronger parts of the body.

I wear k700s for the knees and also cti carbon wrist guards.

No wrists or knees or broken bones.
rmhrc628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:15 PM   #336
B1KSOLO
Gnarly Adventurer
 
B1KSOLO's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Longmont Colorado
Oddometer: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhrc628 View Post
My point re Quinn was normally when a knee brace causes a fracture the get off is massive. That's because the upper and lower legs are much stronger. So I was saying more about his type of get off really. Most if not all pros probably are using knee braces. The same sort of forces are faced by extreme Dh skiing.

You were wearing knee braces and blew your knee out in an uneventful crash?

I'd hate to hear an eventful crash!!

Knee braces improve resistance to injury overall. If you don't wear them at all then of course you'll blow your knee more often. They are knee braces. They transfer load to larger stronger parts of the body.

I wear k700s for the knees and also cti carbon wrist guards.

No wrists or knees or broken bones.
Knee braces will transfer the load to the tib fib or the femur, in serious eventful crash usually breaking the femur with the risk of severing an artery and bleeding out IMHO, for the record I wear CTI knee braces
B1KSOLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #337
TINK
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: So Cal
Oddometer: 668
Baja Mil 2012 photosbytink.com

Sorry for the delay, my slide show has been uploaded to > http://www.photosbytink.com/Baja2012/
TINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #338
K_N_Fodder
Studly Adventurer
 
K_N_Fodder's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Ten Sleep, WY
Oddometer: 941
Man that looks like a ball, great shots!

Pretty much every night now I walk in the door from work and my 5 year old starts hounding me to watch "Dakar videos". Every night (about 10 times) I have to tell him "Man it's not Dakar time yet! What do you want to watch??" and he says "BAJA VIDEOS".

(Well tonight it was actually Romaniacs and Erzberg... )
K_N_Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:17 AM   #339
bajaboundmoto
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Escondido CA
Oddometer: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by TINK View Post
Sorry for the delay, my slide show has been uploaded to > http://www.photosbytink.com/Baja2012/
Great shots as usual Brian!
And the comedy you added... funny stuff!

I see a few of my guys in some of the pics (red or green shirt with round logo on back). One is funny of Scott walking away after just giving up the forks off his personal bike to the goofy looking white 450x race bike
That caption should read, "Great, first Tim takes my new FMF exhaust and now Mark takes my forks. My bike gets raped and I didn't even get to race.."

Pics # 6x? Was the 5th bike into that pit.
bajaboundmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:00 AM   #340
Baja Dad OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Baja Dad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Norco California
Oddometer: 1,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajaboundmoto View Post
Great shots as usual Brian!
And the comedy you added... funny stuff!

I see a few of my guys in some of the pics (red or green shirt with round logo on back). One is funny of Scott walking away after just giving up the forks off his personal bike to the goofy looking white 450x race bike
That caption should read, "Great, first Tim takes my new FMF exhaust and now Mark takes my forks. My bike gets raped and I didn't even get to race.."

Pics # 6x? Was the 5th bike into that pit.
You call our bikes 549 goofy looking
This coming from the man that had fur on his race bike and tassels hanging from his handlebar!!!
Do I need to dig up pictures and remind you Mr. Tim
And as far as Scott goes his new name is the Baja BUM
He comes through in a pinch thank you Mr. Birch
__________________
2014 support: GPR,IMS Aurora Rally Kriega, Raiden LS2,100Goggles,SIDI,Seat Concepts, Rally Raid Products UK,Precision Concepts, MX1West,Dunlop
Baja Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:55 PM   #341
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes
 
wrk2surf's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
Oddometer: 6,222
Vildosola penalty

SCORE Announces Ruling In Baldwin Against Vildosola Protest

SCORE has completely reviewed all available evidence relevant to the Trophy Truck class protest submitted by #97 BJ Baldwin against #21 Gustavo Vildosola, Jr.
The protest alleges that the #21 race vehicle performed a pit service on the highway in violation of SCORE rules within Speed Zone 4 on Highway 5 south of Puertecitos.
A video indicates that a black pickup truck with two male occupants moved directly in front of the #21 race vehicle on the highway and one of the occupants crawled out the sliding rear window and into the open bed. This person reached out and made physical contact with the #21 race vehicle in order to manipulate the front lightbar by using both hands with the intention of adjusting it upward into the correct position. This person then attempted to adjust the lightbar upward with a metal leverage tool.
The #21 Vildosola race team responded to these allegations by stating that the black truck and its occupants were not associated with Vildosola Racing, but could have been fans trying to help out.
SCORE is unable to conclusively determine whether the black truck occupants were in fact associated with the pit support team of Vildosola Racing, but this issue is not relevant to a resolution of the protest.
The issue to be resolved is whether the #21 race vehicle received a pit service from the black truck occupants by allowing and accepting their actions. Receiving assistance from spectators, fans, locals, and other pit teams has always been a part of SCORE Baja racing, but such assistance must be performed within the rules.
SCORE believes the video provides sufficient evidence to conclude that the #21 race vehicle allowed, accepted and received a pit service on the highway. The SCORE rulebook defines a pit service as any service performed on the race vehicle. Therefore, attempting to adjust a lightbar is a pit service. The fact that the pit service in question may have been unsuccessful, and therefore accomplished nothing, is irrelevant.
Since the 2009 SCORE Baja 500, three competitors have been penalized 90 minutes each for pitting on the highway, so in accordance with this past precedent the #21 race team will be penalized 90 minutes.
The 2012 Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 Trophy Truck results will be adjusted and finalized as follows:
1 - BJ Baldwin - 20:00:59
2 - Mark Weyrich - 20:14:48
3 - Ryan Arciero - 20:37:46
4 - Dan McMillin - 20:38:25
5 - Steve Strobel - 20:39:05
6 - Andy McMillin - 20:43:41
7 - Bryce Menzies - 21:08:03
8 - Gustavo Vildosola, Jr. - 21:15:00
9 - Nick Vanderway - 21:43:38
10 - Sergio Salgado - 21:52:29
11 - Pete Sohren - 22:37:20
12 - Juan C.Lopez - 22:56:36
13 - Tim Herbst - 23:32:23
14 - Cameron Steele - 23:52:42
15 - Jose Flores - 24:07:18
16 - Rob MacCachren - 24:31:49
17 - Jimmy Nuckles - 24:44:28
18 - Armin Schwarz - 31:06:16
19 - Mike Voudouris - 36:32:47
20 - Jay Reichert - 38:16:24
21 - Chris Kemp - 39:48:38








too bad they videoed it eh?
__________________
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:31 PM   #342
mikerd400
Beastly Adventurer
 
mikerd400's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Sacramento
Oddometer: 1,830
SCORE made the right call. I also have no respect for the Vildosola racing team. Vildosola Jr. blamed it on over zealous fans. I race trucks, and I've had fans pull along side and video the truck. Not once have I ever seen a fan try and wrench on a moving truck. In the video, Jr. makes no attempt to slow or get away. Suck it up and admit your team fucked up.
__________________
Mike
2009 BMW R1200GSA
2005 BMW R1200GS (onto motorcycle heaven)
2003 Kawasaki KLR650
1977 Yamaha RD400
1976 Yamaha RD400
Proud to be Riff Raff 2011!

Riff Raff 07, 08, 09, and 10!
mikerd400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:10 AM   #343
Baja Dad OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Baja Dad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Norco California
Oddometer: 1,849
caught red handed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
2014 support: GPR,IMS Aurora Rally Kriega, Raiden LS2,100Goggles,SIDI,Seat Concepts, Rally Raid Products UK,Precision Concepts, MX1West,Dunlop
Baja Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:40 AM   #344
Strong Bad
n00balicious
 
Strong Bad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Oddometer: 3,781
So it looks like we got bumped up to 3rd!

The no pitting/servicing a moving vehicle was put in place after we at Arciero/Miller re-fueled on Hwy 3 between Trinidad & San Matias. I'm glad they made the rule and I'm glad Sal is enforcing it.

Too bad for Vildosola, it was a bone head call to allow working on the truck while on the highway. One of the bad parts of a run to La Paz is that your resources (and often intelligence) is spread out and there is poor or no communication between resources. Drivers commonly get overwhelmed with the motivation to win and make stupid calls with little input from cooler heads. Robby Gordon is famous for making knee jerk dumb ass decisions.

I think the worst part of this was Vildosola's trying to come up with a lame ass excuse for what happened. They should have kept their mouth shut, Sal said none of it mattered anyway.

I know many guys on the Vildosola team and I think of them as good solid competition and a class act (at least most of the time). I also know many guys on BJ's team and I've even chased for BJ a couple of times. His face book "kiss my ass" comments are over the top and uncalled for. I hate to see Vildosola lose this way and I hate to see BJ win this way.
__________________
"I couldn't wait for success, so I went ahead without it."
Strong Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #345
Strong Bad
n00balicious
 
Strong Bad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Oddometer: 3,781
From BJ's facebook:

Please stop with the racial slurs on here. This has nothing to do with America vs Mexico. And please no more bashing the Vildosolas. They broke a rule and got penalized. They are a great family and I enjoy competing against them as do my fellow Trophy Truck racers. In over 15 years of racing, one rule infraction does not make them cheaters so let's try and show a little more respect. Again thanks to my friends, family and fans for all of your support on the enforcement of this rule. Especially the large number of Baja fans that had my back on this. To Tavo and the Vildosola team I have a great amount of respect for all of you and I cordially invite you to the Best In The Desert Parker 425 for a friendly duel in the desert. In light of recent events I think many of our fans would like to see us compete against each other head to head. Believe it or not if I haven't already been in the race truck for 16 hours, and already driven 1020 miles, I'm actually quite the speedy driver ;-) I am keeping my fingers crossed and I hope you accept the challenge. Have a nice weekend my friends!
__________________
"I couldn't wait for success, so I went ahead without it."
Strong Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014