Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 04:42 PM   #556
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuateRider View Post
Good to see Ellen getting better and that you are back on the road again !!
I hope everything goes well with your reentry in the US , because by law you are required to leave North America (that includes Canada and Mexico) before being allowed to reentry the US . That's the way the guy that gave me the visa at the US embassy in Guatemala explained it to me .
Yeah we are going to have to rely on them being nice but NZ has a 90 day waiver agreement so we should be ok anyway, hopefully they won't be a pack of bastids.

They shouldn't cos we are back to bring them outa recession
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #557
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

She Is Called Maya (pronounced Miya)

Greetings all

We have called the KTM Maya, a very powerful woman and Mayan society signifying the epic change on our trip within Mexico.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya

We look forward to bringing her into the Two Moto Kiwis family along with our extended ADV family.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #558
BELSTAFF
ADV NOMAD

Oddometer: 1,090
Other thread

Picked up on thread in OC on luggage if you still have a urge for the hard luggage & want to consider the Jesses , PM me when you get to Phoenix & we'll go over to see Al and get you set up if that's going to be your choice.

As you probably already know Jesse luggage is made here in Phoenix

Arizona OHV Ambassador
BELSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #559
GuateRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
Yeah we are going to have to rely on them being nice but NZ has a 90 day waiver agreement so we should be ok anyway, hopefully they won't be a pack of bastids.

They shouldn't cos we are back to bring them outa recession

This is from the website of the US embassy in the UK, for visa waivers

If I enter the United States visa free under the Visa Waiver Program, can I then travel to Canada/Mexico/ Bermuda or the islands in the Caribbean?

Yes, provided you have a return or onward ticket. If your return journey will take you back through the United States, even if only in transit, the total trip, including both periods of time spent in the United States/Canada/Mexico Bermuda, or the islands in the Caribbean cannot exceed 90 days. If it does, you will require a visa.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:52 PM   #560
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELSTAFF View Post
Picked up on thread in OC on luggage if you still have a urge for the hard luggage & want to consider the Jesses , PM me when you get to Phoenix & we'll go over to see Al and get you set up if that's going to be your choice.

As you probably already know Jesse luggage is made here in Phoenix
Thanks man, yeah we are staying with Bevan and he has said the same, I thought Jesses were way heavier and I was proven wrong so yeah guess where we are headed.

Hopefully Al has something in stock for our SE.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #561
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuateRider View Post
This is from the website of the US embassy in the UK, for visa waivers

If I enter the United States visa free under the Visa Waiver Program, can I then travel to Canada/Mexico/ Bermuda or the islands in the Caribbean?

Yes, provided you have a return or onward ticket. If your return journey will take you back through the United States, even if only in transit, the total trip, including both periods of time spent in the United States/Canada/Mexico Bermuda, or the islands in the Caribbean cannot exceed 90 days. If it does, you will require a visa.
We don't have our return ticket but we have evidence of our travel and plan, we also have a B2 Visa for 6 months at a time so hopefully we can still get in under one or the other.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:48 PM   #562
UltiJayne
Sister on a KLR

Oddometer: 74
Hey Guys!

Really sorry to read about the crash. Glad Ellen is recovering.

Phil and I are about to cross into Mexico finally tomorrow.

Let us know when you start back down South and hopefully we can meet up for some of the trip. We can take some of your extra luggage on our KLRs.

Stay in touch.

Jayne

www.ultimateride.ca

2007 Yamaha YBR125 with L plates! (UK)
2006 KLR650 (Canada)
UltiJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #563
Caliduc
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Hey they let you on here .... place is going to the pack now

Ouwh ... no pressure dude b u t that is a noice bike, time to move from torture rack to fun fun fun.

You have SO much adventure riding on your door step it is unreal. ... will bring Maya up and we can play!!!
Yea I guess they must not do background checks before letting people sign up

I have a better idea.......I can keep the torture rack and just add a new one to the stable. Wifey doesn't mind parking outside.

Keep me posted if you come this far North. Glad to hear you guys are doing well. I still have two cases here if you need them!
Caliduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #564
AK Smitty
Self life coach

Oddometer: 318
I love the persistence

Awesome that you are getting things all sorted and Ellen is on the mend. I have been on the road and haven't checked your RR for six days and the whole world changes!!

I am late to the game and it looks like it is handled. If you need any information on the road ahead let me know.

Chucked my F800 in to bushed and dirt yesterdays at about 50 MPH Wet roads, going too fast and not being 100% focused. Got things straightened today and think it is going to be fine. I was sure I bent the front forks but nothing shaking a 50 so good for now. Off to Anitgua in a day or two for a week. Let me know when you catch up to me.

First round of beer on me to swap crash stories!! Ellen's more spectacular looking for sure!!!

I am here: https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php...f53b74b2cb510d
AK Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #565
cold comfort
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Hi Guys,
Outstanding effort there. An awesome bike with all the fruit. Was wondering if Ellen was going in the Giant Loop for minute there. Well done on the true grit response. "When times get tough, the tough go shopping" (and buy a KTM ).
Ellen will get a good opportunity to convalesce without the pressure to ride so prob not such a bad thing saying hasta la vista to Chiwi.
cold comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:09 PM   #566
huzar
Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer: 2,106

I should spend more time following your RR, especially now that you have that dreamy SE
huzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:24 AM   #567
beemer67
Really Old airhead

Oddometer: 215
Quote:
Thanks man, yeah we are staying with Bevan and he has said the same, I thought Jesses were way heavier and I was proven wrong so yeah guess where we are headed.

Hopefully Al has something in stock for our SE.
Great timing, Ken and Carol move out , you move in I bet Al will be able to fix you up.
beemer67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #568
vabuckaroo68
Gnarly!

Oddometer: 1,176
Sorry to hear about your wifey and her trusty steed. You definately have a thoroughbred now though. Well farkled to boot. Craig makes good stuff. (CJ Designs) I have an 04 950 Adventure. It does great two-up on gravel and tarmac. I'm using Touratech panniers and a large North Face waterproof bag for my topcase. Set-up works very well. I've switched to a single exhaust which allows room for a bag on the opposite side. Great bike!! Good luck to you both. Should you 'mates happend to pass through Virginia, I'll buy ya'll dinner and show you some cool places to ride.
04 KTM 950ADV ~ "BEASTIE", '13 KTM 300XCW, '76 Husky 360WR/CR,
vabuckaroo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #569
Ducatijim
Hopeless Poseuer!

Oddometer: 292
All the best for the future you two, great lookin bike ur replacement is!

I hope it is a steady, stable and reliable 2 up platform, cause quite frankly it looks like a bloody racehorse mate!!

Onya

I am no gynaecologist, but I would be happy to take a look.............................................. ......................................
Ducatijim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:37 AM   #570
flying kiwi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by H96669 View Post
Work & bad internet....playing catch up today.

Get well soon Ellen, if you guys need anything let me know, I know others have offered but I will have "time" after today.

Keep on going Eh!Did not expect any less from you guys.

A beach and a large bottle of liquor, that's what I'd do, sometimes alcohol induced thinking is good for you. Cheer up and lets see some more of that Kiwi ingenuity.
Hey guys, I'm gutted to hear about Ellen's spill, but thank goodness she is OK. Pierre summed up the kiwi spirit, and I'm sure you will continue and complete your personal journey.
My apologies for not chiming in earlier, but we have been on annual leave - one week is all Tracey would allow us, but, it was under a palm tree in Fiji
Now back to the story...
2002 K1200RS Ride #18. Owned from new. Pacific Blue of course. Suspended on Ohlins. 116,000+km
1951 AJS 500 single - my Dads
1916 Triumph Type H, Western front, France WW1 - my Grandads
The cheapest is often the most expensive form of economy
flying kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote