Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #11
backwoodsKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,422
December 01, 2012

Another ride through Backwoods, MS...

Riders:

Trailblazzer990 (KTM990), Supahflid (KTM990), DavidQ (KTM990), Knightwork (1200GSA), Cliff-77(F650GS), ldmcain(S-10), and myself (Tiger 800XC)

Knightwork, DQ, Supah and myself met for breakfast at Heart & Soul, as is our normal Saturday meeting place. Trailblazer990 had posted up that he was going riding and to meet at the truckstop in Utica, MS at 9. So we met for breakfast at 7 and were on the road headed for Utica by 8. A cool run down the Interstate and Hwy 18 got us to Utica in plenty of time. ldmccain soon joined us (with a Harley buddy in tow who just tagged along to meet us. He is in the market for a DS bike.) And lucky for us, cliff-77 happened to stop for gas on his way to Natchez and saw us and decided to join our group. Trailblazer is always fun to follow... and try to keep up with. He has been riding these roads for years and knows them all without GPS. We established ride rules and headed out...

The weather was perfect and the gravel was fast and the dust was low do to a recent rain back on Monday!

We soon made it to the Hunt Road waterfall...And DQ was feeling froggy and headed down under the bridge...

There is some deep sand in places

Gotta be careful if you go under the bridge... Appears to be the party spot. Lots of graffiti, broken glass, trash, etc.

(I think this is where I got a flat on the KLR during the dFR route!)
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote