|12-02-2012, 11:36 AM||#1|
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Bourke Street, Melbourne City!
Changing tyres KTM990 Adventure
OK, I have a 2012 model, with ABS etc. And...I've changed/repaired many flats on my trusty old XR 600..so I'm not fearful of Tyre irons etc.
Here what I'm thinking ...:
- My bikes runs tubes, front and back right..? ie stock as I purchased it..its only done 3000km ;-)
- is there anything tricky about getting the wheels off on the trail..? Any special tools needed other than what it in the factory tool set.?
- anything tricky about breaking the beads..?
- the bike doesn't use rim locks ...how so for such a powerful mother of a beast..??? That's what leads me to think there is something 'not normal' about these wheels/tyres (pirelli scorpions) .
- once patched the tube..any tricks about pumping it up etc..? I have a hand pump...it'll take a while I know but bottles wouldn't be big enough and I don't want to carry a compressor ..ideas though???
- will it seat OK etc after..sometimes on the old XR it was challenging ..and those tyres were no where near as full on etc.
Has anyone made up a video etc..?
I did some quick searching but appols if this is well covered somewhere, if so please just post the links ;-)
e-mail : Ian@gilian.net
Mobile : 0408 52 88 00
Spot : http://ozadv.com/ian
Rides : '14 BMW R1200GSA
Pepperjack screwed with this post 12-02-2012 at 11:41 AM
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|