User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 08:10 PM   #3181
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,402
Poolside and JJ. I sure as hell hope y'all are keeping a running list of the malcontents. If they fuckup the next IICE products for me I am gonna be some kinda pissed.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:16 PM   #3182
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,239
I Am With Him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
Poolside and JJ. I sure as hell hope y'all are keeping a running list of the malcontents. If they fuckup the next IICE products for me I am gonna be some kinda pissed.
SOG,

Not just pissed...we hunt them down...Liver with Fava Beans!

I want a Cool and Smooth!
Old 11-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #3183
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by (I^2)R/746 View Post

It's not the first time somebody has complained. This seems to be a major sticking point with this endeavor of yours. I have been waiting a couple of months as well. I don't think anybody is asking you to be "manly" they just want an idea. Preferably up front. I think you guys might really have something here but at this pace it's a dud.

Have you considered outsourcing production? It's winter time and there's lots of smart folks on this board who probably wouldn't mind a little bench work. Perhaps have somebody make batches, send to you for QA, then you send out. Payment upon successful QA pass. There's one solution for you.

I honestly think with a little production help, some strategic marketing, and a small investment you guys might have something with this. Even at a zero profit some help would free you to complete the design work on the rest of the product line while keeping a customer base and your name out there.

Just trying to be constructive. I'm not throwing stones either: I own a small business servicing and installing generators and the like. I know how hard it is to find good help and what it's like to start from scratch. Good luck and hope to see my product this year.
Thanks for your comments IR, I appreciate your sincerity.

This endeavor started out as a 'spare time' project. I figured I'd get to spend about 8 to 10 hours a week doing something I enjoy. You know, for fun instead of as a profession. Here we are some time later, and with any luck we'll be finished with the IICE Air orders and starting on the IICE Smooth in January.

As you might have seen from recent update posts in the Vendors thread, I had a work-related issue which really waylaid my available time.

p.s.: I can't figure out your moniker. 746 is the factor in the watts to horsepower conversion, but beyond that I'm drawing a blank.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 11-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #3184
The Evil Twin
Boxer Freak

Oddometer: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger 04 rt View Post
So I hear you saying that this test wasn't with the throttle fully open but at a cruise setting.

It sounds like your tech was doing things right, but I can tell you for sure that unless you have your O2 sensors disconnected, once your throttle has stabilized and the engine is warm, your motorcycle will go closed loop and there the numbers will fluctuate around 14.7:1 plus or minues 0.2/0.3 AFR. If that didn't happen, either the engine wasn't warm enough or something else was wrong about the setup.

Do you have any aftermarket electronics on the bike?
My phone, which was plugged in via a 12vdc- USB , and the GPS.
Shit, now I want to put the old pipe back on and make a return trip!
CCS #132 Sponsors: DC-Moto.net, Amsoil, Manassas Honda Kawasaki, MARRC
2014 RCGT #1, Superbike #2 OA Mid Atlantic
2013 Amateur of the Year
2013 RCGT #6 OA Mid Atlantic
Old 11-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #3185
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post

Heh heh. Not really, I don't consider them that way at all. (Alright maybe a couple of them were malcontents.) They want to know what's going on and I'm maybe a little sparse with personal responses and instead rely on the vendors thread for updates.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 11-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #3186
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by darmahman View Post

Join the club. I paid at least 3 months ago but don't expect it till Summer 2013. Seems there could be a problem if something happens in his life and can't finish them. He will leave a lot of people hanging.
What? Sounds like you're waiting for a vehicle accident or something.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #3187
(I^2)R/746
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post

p.s.: I can't figure out your moniker. 746 is the factor in the watts to horsepower conversion, but beyond that I'm drawing a blank.

Just being silly. W=E*I=(I^2)R=(E^2)/R so then if 1 HP= 746W then (I^2)R/746=HP so then my user name is really "horsepower". I know, I know my family says the same thing about my sense of humor....

Anyways most people call me Jim because that's, uh, my real name. Ciao.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:56 PM   #3188
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger 04 rt View Post

Do you have any aftermarket electronics on the bike?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Evil Twin View Post

My phone, which was plugged in via a 12vdc- USB , and the GPS.
That gave me a chuckle.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:03 PM   #3189
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:

Just being silly. W=E*I=(I^2)R=(E^2)/R so then if 1 HP= 746W then (I^2)R/746=HP so then my user name is really "horsepower". I know, I know my family says the same thing about my sense of humor....
Ok, you all have to promise that you didn't just see me miss the connection to ohms law.  Seriously, I was looking at I^2R but was seeing PIR^2, and was trying to figure out how the area of a circle played into it.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:25 AM   #3190
The Evil Twin
Boxer Freak

Oddometer: 474
Quote:
That gave me a chuckle.

He asked. I could have listed the ECU and such also
CCS #132 Sponsors: DC-Moto.net, Amsoil, Manassas Honda Kawasaki, MARRC
2014 RCGT #1, Superbike #2 OA Mid Atlantic
2013 Amateur of the Year
2013 RCGT #6 OA Mid Atlantic
Old 12-02-2012, 08:01 AM   #3191
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Cup View Post
Am I the only one who would like an answer as to when my order will ship? I can't even get the courtesy of a response from these guys! From what I see the order list hasn't been updated in months. They have had my money for over two months now. WTF ! I don't think getting a response is to much to ask.
Roid Rage Mike?
Old 12-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #3192
FlyingFinn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,094
Quote:
Here we are some time later, and with any luck we'll be finished with the IICE Air orders and starting on the IICE Smooth in January.
Ummm, where did the IICE Cool go?

According to your own posts there were supposed to be three products, Air, Cool and Smooth.
In March 2012 you estimated that the IICE Cool would start shipping by the summer 2012.
Is the Smooth now ahead of Cool? Or did the Cool get abandoned?

Mikko

FlyingFinn screwed with this post 12-02-2012 at 07:49 PM
Old 12-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #3193
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenuclear View Post

Rage?
It's all good, Joe. He was just getting my attention. And rightfully so.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:23 AM   #3194
frogy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 799
Quote:

Anyways most people call me Jim because that's, uh, my real name. Ciao.
Ouch,there goes my headache again
Old 12-06-2012, 06:31 AM   #3195
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn View Post

Ummm, where did the IICE Cool go?

According to your own posts there were supposed to be three products, Air, Cool and Smooth. In March 2012 you estimated that the IICE Cool would start shipping by the summer 2012.

Is the Smooth now ahead of Cool? Or did the Cool get abandoned?

Mikko
Hey there Mikko.

All three products are still in the works. I'm sorry to insert the doubt as to which will be built first, the Cool or the Smooth. JJ and I discussed the topic more than a few times.

What happens is we'll hit upon some design aspect to make one or the other function better, or be easier to install, or some other good reason to change the order of which product goes first. For example, one of us will come up with something that is so good that it must be considered. Then we have to think about out how to implement it, or whether it's possible to achieve and still keep it an easy-to-install type of device. That's mostly how our development process goes.

I suppose when it comes right down to it, it sort of doesn't matter who's on first. What I mean is they can be installed in either order, and both do great things.

Closed Thread