Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2010, 08:12 PM   #16
RiDR OP
The Himalayan what?

Oddometer: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector_In
I've dealt with AVC I have nothing bad to say! All my stuff I've order was on time and good in shape. And very nice group of people there!
Six months later and still no dry bag as promised in Erics email if I returned the locks and carry handles.
RiDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:31 AM   #17
Orujo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
I was just about to also post some negative feedback about aviciouscycle.
Unfortunately this thread was not here back in January, if it was I would never have had the misfortune of dealing with them.
In late 2009 I was doing some research for a larger tank for my KLR650 (this was the C-model and the stock tank was less than 14 liters.
After a couple of emails I was happy with these guys and I did not find any major negative feedback about them on the net.
To get the best value from a shipment to Ireland I also included another few bits in the order, foot-pegs, service manual e.t.c. But the main items that I needed were the oversized tank and the dohickey upgrade for the KLR balancer tensioner.

I spoke directly to Eric and told him that I was planning a trip in 3 months and I really needed this stuff delivered on time. He assured me they were very experienced at overseas shipping and had even shipped stuff to Australia (big fuc8ing deal).
He would use some system that used up extra space on passenger airlines and they would be able to deliver to Ireland in two weeks.
I was sold. I went ahead and placed the order. But was surprised when I received no shipping tracking details. After two weeks when nothing had showed up I phoned them. Eric then said actually the shipping could take between two and five weeks so I should hang on.
Close to 5 weeks gone and getting very close to my departure date there was still no sign of the stuff.
After some debate they acknowledge that the package was lost and they would file an insurance claim and send me a new delivery.
It was very strange that they had no tracking numbers do, did it get lost on the way from their shop to the airport? People in the shipping industry told me it is impossible to make a claim without the shipping number.
So I had to sit back and wait another two weeks. I didn't know which worried me more the tank or the dohickey.
Eventually my goods arrived and after clearing Irish customs (another long story about getting ripped off) I got my box.
I had another few days waiting for my workshop to get me a slot and then finally my KLR was ready for a trip to Morocco. I got the bike back from the workshop on Wednesday and left for Morocco two days later. Due to work commitments I had no time to test the bike, the new tank range or the work done on the engine. Luckily the lads in the Gem workshop in Ranalagh ((01)4914520 Dublin) had done an excellent job and there were no issues. (Apart from nearly running out of gas on the ring road around Madrid when I overestimated the tank range by not taking into account the severe head wind I had since leaving Santander).

To summaries, the lack of professionalism and general couldn't care less attitude from aviciouscycle nearly put a serious damper on my trip and lead to a whole lot of unnecessary stress.
I would not recommend them, especial not for overseas shipping.
Orujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:50 AM   #18
paulyp
n00b

Oddometer: 4
I tried to order a front sprocket for my wife's xt225. They couldn't have been bothered to even return my call. Obviously a $16 part was not worth their time. They didn't realize I have other bikes in the stable I want to accessorize.
Never been back.

Cheers
Paul
paulyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:17 AM   #19
Revelstoker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 226
Ordered some Mefo StoneMaster's for the 640 in a size that A Vicious Cycle doesn't stock. Eric did a special order for me. Other than taking a few weeks, which wasn't Eric's fault, I was happy with the experience. Just thought I'd pipe in as I feel that it's usually just the people whom have a poor experience that post making it seem that the business in question is a complete disaster...not to discount anyone's negative experience though as I wouldn't doubt the validity of their posts.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:26 PM   #20
tingavert
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Another stealer - stay away from them!!!!!

My short experience with avicious.
I need 2 sets of tires for my ktm 990 adv. the TKC80 and the Scorpion so living in Toronto I thought I could save shipping going there. Well I drive for 1.5 hrs and got to Kitchener willing to spend $$$. The guy is very friendly and I ask for a quote and for a discount or free shipping since I am buying a lot of tires and he confirm he could work around the price then he start looking at an expensive apple monitor (so you make good money eh?) and he start with an "oh the mrsp is 300$ for this rear but I'm selling to 180 just for you" Hey what a minute that's they price on your website. So he was just joking no matter if you are going to buy 1 or 4 tires there is no discount.
Well one could argue that this is the canadian businnes and if this is the case why should I shop here, I'll go south where there is competition on prices or better prices are normal.
So the quote was 640$ plus shipping (about 50) of a set of tires to QC for my Translabrador. No way to get even free shipping.
So keep in mind that the prices are without shipping and that adding hst and tire levy it's better to go south.
Anyway I was there and spent my valuable time and gas so it was pretty stupid coming back with nothing, so I bought the scorpion (300$) and asked for an accurate quote on the other including shipping and holding the parcel at the post office.
Well my surpise was when I got back home and checked the tires:
the rear was the correct v rated but the front was S rated!
WOW he FU...D me!
And I have also paid 20$$ more of what I should.
Now I immediately wrote an email asking for a refund since it would have cost me more in gas to go back and change the tire, now you wonder how I could proof that he sold me the wrong tire.
Simple: you know that tires comes with a stickers that has bar code sizes on it, well he quickly removed that from the tire when he dropped them in ffront of me, leaving the one onthe correct tire. Now that was really suspicious but I could not believe that a person could be so stupid: for 20$ not only you lost a customer and the earnings on the other set of tires but you'll get also bad reputation.
I ahve asked for a refund on my credit card but nothing till today.
Anyway that was the cherry on the cake.
I hope him all the best.
tingavert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:36 PM   #21
butterflymethane
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Prior to my own TLH trip this past July, I dealt with both A Vicious Cycle and Dual Sport Plus and I have no complaints with either of them, except that they are both equally too far away from me and I have to fight annoying traffic to get to them. Aside from that, both places gave me the same respectful customer service I would expect from any shop, but I'd have to say, AVC was able to provide me with "just that little bit more" to make me happy.

I'd be happy to return to AVC and give them my business, DSP as well.
butterflymethane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:58 PM   #22
KLRUSERIOUS?
Farkle-whore

Oddometer: 2,299
I've had nothing but positive experiences with AViciousCycle but I have found that Les at DualSportPlus has a better price and selection overall.
KLRUSERIOUS? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:11 PM   #23
Velocipede
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 400
I bought a set of Barkbusters from AVC a couple of months ago.The price was comparable with US prices and I was kept informed during the shipping process.I feel that they did all they could to keep me a happy customer.If their prices are right I will definately use AVC again.
John.
Velocipede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #24
SMURPH
Jackass

Oddometer: 389
A few of us in Edmonton have dealt with Aviciouscycle - wanting to support a Canadian vendor. Unfortunately we've all experience long long wait times for orders to arrive.

A friend ordered a light bar from AVC and a tank bag direct from TT. The tank bag arrived in just under a week. The light bar took over a week just to get to AVC. Then another week shipping to Edmonton.

I ordered a tank mount for a bag from AVC and was satisfied when it arrived in 8 days. However, when I went to order a second one, it's now been over 2 weeks and they still don't have it from Twisted Throttle. I emailed them suggesting next time I would just order it directly from TT. Their response to my email was "It is not of our concern nor interest to try and compete with one of our suppliers". One would think you'd be negotiating hard with your 'suppliers' so that you don't continue to lose business. Guess it's 'not their concern'.

I also suggested they send out notices advising customers if a product isn't on the shelf. They said they do that, however I didn't receive any such email.

My other 'whine' is about their shipping. $18 for a small box containing a tank ring.
I just ordered a Pelican Storm IM2700 case from customecaseco (also in Ontario). I ordered it yesterday morning. It arrived at my wife's office this afternoon and total cost for shipping was $11.45. 28" X 14" X 12" box weighing 17 pounds.
SMH.

Oh well... prices with duty are still cheaper across the border. I won't deal with AVC any longer. And though I pride myself on spelling, I won't miss trying to type their poorly chosen web address any more.

Thanks for listening :)

p.s. - DualSportPlus is awesome. I've been dealing with Les and crew for years and usually order my tires from them. They will be my 'Go-To' from now on.
Blog > http://tinyurl.com/lnqkh4j
SMURPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:12 PM   #25
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer: 1,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMURPH View Post
p.s. - DualSportPlus is awesome. I've been dealing with Les and crew for years and usually order my tires from them. They will be my 'Go-To' from now on.
DSP is great to deal with and shipping is very reasonable. Their website is not very good, though. For TT, just go to the source; they have always been great to me.

"No matter how many [internet] opinions you line up, you can't vote nonsense into truth"- Kevin Cameron
Mr. Canoehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:23 AM   #26
Night_Wolf
Leg Humper

Oddometer: 8,068
Positive note

I first met the folks from AVC at the Calgary show 2 yrs ago & they let myself & The_Filly sit on their Corbin fitted Strom. I placed an order right away as well as a few other things. No issues at all. When I picked up my Intruder this winter I once again placed an order for a seat and some more stuff for the Strom. Somehow the wrong seat was ordered but to give credit the folks at A Vicious Cycle credit they made it right & my cruiser now sports the proper Corbin seat I'll continue to support A Vicious Cycle

L 51.01.900 / L W 114.05.900

"That road less traveled is a toll road, and sometimes the charge is more expensive than we ever expected. Most of the time, it's a one way road. Make the decision, hope for the best, and start traveling. Carry lots of coins." PecosBill

Pick good friends and you'll never be lacking Family Me
Night_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #27
mountainpete
Outdoor use only

Oddometer: 19
My experience with AVC = long delays in shipping and no proactive communication.
My experience with Dual Sport Plus = fast shipping and Les was great.

In the future, I'm going to Dual Sport Plus first.
mountainpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:57 AM   #28
klingklang
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
Thanks Guys, I came here to check for a if there was a AVC rebate coupon. I have my checkout ready on an another page. I'm stopping it right here. The fact they did not anwsered me and found my anwser elsewhere add to it too.
klingklang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:59 PM   #29
Vic Cosmic
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
AVC has always been great for me. I think when people experience delays its more then likely from the manufacturer. I often just show up as i dont live too far away. The owner Eric sure knows his dual sport bikes as he should.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #30
Kaos3
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Yup another unsatisfied customer. Won't be going back. Same crap as mentioned above. Spent lots over
the last 3 or 4 years and Eric couldnt care less. So frustrating....
Kaos3 is offline   Reply With Quote