Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 02:19 PM   #49651
Ben99r1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra Thumper View Post
Anybody know of some pegs that stick out a little farther to give me more room for my size 13 feet? I know some companies make wider pegs front-to-back, but I need some that are longer side-to-side so I can move my feet abit more on the pegs while standing. The stockers are just to narrow and cramped for my big ole feet
This is the route I would like to go. http://www.cjdesignsllc.com/products...peg-extension/ I am using the ebay ones rt now. I just wish they were a little bit longer.
Ben99r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #49652
Mossy-Back
Wet-Sider

Oddometer: 1,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olderslowerguy View Post
For that price... the whole rest of the bike!

I only paid $1,500 for my whole bike with 25k on it.
Ooh-Rah! Once a Marine, always a Marine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
figures...my stud was rusty I played with my nuts a little and it cranked right over
Mossy-Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #49653
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumpnRed View Post
Let the Village People jokes begin...
Really Thumper, I am shocked at your commet. Here I am down here in Texas just trine to make a buck and this is what I get from you northerners. I mean you live in a place where this suit could actually be used and all you can think of is gayness. OMG!

I got on word for ya Thumper, BUY IT NOW!

Thanks for the bump.
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #49654
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumpnRed View Post
Let the Village People jokes begin...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzcoinc View Post
Really Thumper, I am shocked at your commet. Here I am down here in Texas just trine to make a buck and this is what I get from you northerners. I mean you live in a place where this suit could actually be used and all you can think of is gayness. OMG!

Thanks for the bump.

Here's another bump.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #49655
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra Thumper View Post
Anybody know of some pegs that stick out a little farther to give me more room for my size 13 feet? I know some companies make wider pegs front-to-back, but I need some that are longer side-to-side so I can move my feet abit more on the pegs while standing. The stockers are just to narrow and cramped for my big ole feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpledrake View Post
Hey, Sierra,

Spud Rider introduced these to me; I have had them for about 6 months, and they are far better than the stock foot pegs. They cost me about $15 with shipping! (There are a few rust spots on them now; I will have to paint them or something. Otherwise, very solid.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-CR80-X...sories&vxp=mtr

PD
PD beat me to the punch.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-CR80-X...30837872322%26

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Old 12-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #49656
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
put them on my bike and haven't thought twice about them. Solid fat pegs.
I used to say "one day" a lot. But then I got scared I would wait one day too long. So I am doing it all now
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #49657
purpledrake
No Pretensions

Oddometer: 334
Rider Down

Hey Guys,

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...837596&page=13

Ulyses swiped his brother ACY's (frequent poster on this thread) XRL, and has been on the epic journey of a lifetime from Oregon to Chile--his RR has been very entertaining, and I know that many of you have been following this. Ulyses and his riding buddy were on there way to see El Salvador KLR today, when one of them got mashed by a truck.

Prayers required.

PD
Old 12-03-2012, 06:11 PM   #49658
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Hey Guys,

Ulyses swiped his brother ACY's (frequent poster on this thread) XRL, and has been on the epic journey of a lifetime from Oregon to Chile--his RR has been very entertaining, and I know that many of you have been following this. Ulyses and his riding buddy were on there way to see El Salvador KLR today, when one of them got mashed by a truck.

Prayers required.

PD
I am very sorry to hear of the collision, PD. I have sent a prayer for the injured rider.

Spud
Old 12-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #49659
Ben99r1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,005
Quote:
Hey Guys,

Prayers required.

PD
That sucks. I hope they were not hurt to bad. Please post up and let us know how they are doing.
Ben99r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:49 PM   #49660
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben99r1 View Post
That sucks. I hope they were not hurt to bad. Please post up and let us know how they are doing.

Or... or....... let's put a pin in that over here.... and another option is to....subscribe.

I used to say "one day" a lot. But then I got scared I would wait one day too long. So I am doing it all now
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #49661
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
Or... or....... let's put a pin in that over here.... and another option is to....subscribe.

Thanks for posting the link, Beech. Looking at the damage to the truck which hit him, Justin is lucky to be alive.

Spud
Old 12-03-2012, 09:58 PM   #49662
purpledrake
No Pretensions

Oddometer: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
Thanks for posting the link, Beech. Looking at the damage to the truck which hit him, Justin is lucky to be alive.

Spud
You are right, Spud Rider; Justin is really lucky to be alive.

Ulyses has been riding the XRL this whole time (as far as we know), but for some reason today they swapped. The rear sub-frame has cracked a couple of times, and it looks like it really bit it this time. The ammo can is completely separated as well. (Not quite sure what the black plastic part is in the foreground.)

I am sure that we will hear from Brother Alvin soon, as well as Ulyses himself.

Hoping for the best......

PD
Old 12-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #49663
flatfender
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 776
Quote:
I bought something from this guy (krumerman) last year. His pictures were a bit fuzzy and the description was missing, just said what it was. When I got the part it was cracked in an area not photographed. The crack was obvious.

I e-mail him and said it was an honest mistake, I send you back the part and you refund my money. His reply was that I was stupid, ignorant and my parents shouldn't let their kids play with their computer.(seriously)

I e-mailed him again, he said as is where is. I said that's fine but you misled me by not showing the crack. He sent me another rude angry e-mail and told me I was wasting his time.

About the only thing I could do was leave negative feedback but why risk his dumb ass returning the favor. Cost me $50 to have the crack welded.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:33 PM   #49664
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler

Oddometer: 2,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzcoinc View Post

Thanks for the bump.
I'd have to buy a Harley to go with all that leather. Next would be the funny little hat... then I'd have to get the tats and stop washing my arse. It's a slippery slope
ThumpnRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:43 PM   #49665
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler

Oddometer: 2,478
Quote:
Good gawd if someone is willing to pay that much for a frame... I'll sell you a whole bike for a few bucks more!
ThumpnRed is offline   Reply With Quote