Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #3496
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 2,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assfault View Post
The ujoint as you see that would need to be the piece to replace to make the bike sit taller or shorter is simular to the piece needed on the KTM 690 to do the same. They are priced @ under $150 USD. not alot of $ at all.
I had a RC51 that I replaced the actual three hole link with one that changed the rising rate to a more desireable rate.
Those sold for only $250. I guess that might be considered alot of money to some. Perhaps this is your case.
No....my comment re. cost is because nothing exists, so anything that did the job would need to be custom made, i.e. $$$. Unless you know someone who does custom design and machining as a hobby?

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:58 PM   #3497
Ham
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 309
X1....sorry. You are full of crap. Maybe you should stick to horses.
Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:14 AM   #3498
James Adams
Misplaced

Oddometer: 9,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham View Post

Thanks for putting so eloquently what many of us were thinking.

Although horses are pretty high-maintenance, too.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:40 AM   #3499
MadMike20
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Laugh Stelvio Has Landed

E-mail from my local dealer stated that my 2013 Stelvio NTX has landed stateside. ETA is later this week for pick up. Heated Grips and Euro Turn signals being installed on day one.
Good Times!

Sorry X1...I own and ride Harleys and BMW's. This will be my third Moto Guzzi.
Your opinionated descriptions do not match reality.
Moto Guzzi's Rule!
Old 12-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #3500
stevie88
That's gotta hurt

Oddometer: 18,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMike20 View Post
E-mail from my local dealer stated that my 2013 Stelvio NTX has landed stateside. ETA is later this week for pick up. Heated Grips and Euro Turn signals being installed on day one.
Good Times!

Sorry X1...I own and ride Harleys and BMW's. This will be my third Moto Guzzi.
Your opinionated descriptions do not match reality.
Moto Guzzi's Rule!
RPM cycles called me Friday with the news that my orange NTX was just delivered.

Unfortunately I had to leave for Argentina Saturday so they will have a couple of weeks to prep it, install heated handgrips, top case and the euro turn signals before I get back to the states.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #3501
Nirvana
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Geez, the guy had a major hardware failure that nearly cost him his life and this is your reply? I thought that kind of attitude was only found on the Harley forums.
Nirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:49 AM   #3502
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
Geez, the guy had a major hardware failure that nearly cost him his life and this is your reply? I thought that kind of attitude was only found on the Harley forums.
The Internet really brings out the best in people, doesn't it?

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #3503
stevie88
That's gotta hurt

Oddometer: 18,249
Quote:
We do know his side of the story.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:30 PM   #3504
Ham
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 309
I am sorrowful for his crash...it could happen to anyone and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy....and now a moment of silence....................................I was referring to the load of crap he stated later. BAHAaAAAAAAA!
Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:49 AM   #3505
Chev.
The Final Drive?

Oddometer: 157
Quote:
.......I was referring to the load of crap he stated later. BAHAaAAAAAAA!
Simply pointing out the fact that you find his statements crappy is not very informative.

Modifications on my 2003

Chev. screwed with this post 12-03-2012 at 08:30 AM
Chev. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:52 AM   #3506
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer: 1,496
Quote:
Geez, the guy had a major hardware failure that nearly cost him his life and this is your reply? I thought that kind of attitude was only found on the KTM forums.
Fixed it for ya...

"No matter how many [internet] opinions you line up, you can't vote nonsense into truth"- Kevin Cameron
Mr. Canoehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #3507
pyoungbl
Colonel Blood

Oddometer: 451
I'll add a data point to the 'fork leg broke and cause a crash' thread. I have been told that the poster put on a new front tire prior to his TransLab trip. This was done at a BMW shop. It seems to me that the liability for the crash really goes to the shop over torquing the pinch bolts and thus causing the failure. If there were a rash of similar failures we could say it's a design problem but since that's not the case (as far as I know) the arrow points away from Moto Guzzi. The mere fact that lawyer wants to take the case says more about the legal system than any possible merit for the claim. The torque for the pinch bolts is 10 NM (7.38 ft lb).
Old 12-03-2012, 10:11 AM   #3508
WitchCityBallabio
Guzzi weirdo

Oddometer: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
I'll add a data point to the 'fork leg broke and cause a crash' thread. I have been told that the poster put on a new front tire prior to his TransLab trip. This was done at a BMW shop. It seems to me that the liability for the crash really goes to the shop over torquing the pinch bolts and thus causing the failure. If there were a rash of similar failures we could say it's a design problem but since that's not the case (as far as I know) the arrow points away from Moto Guzzi. The mere fact that lawyer wants to take the case says more about the legal system than any possible merit for the claim. The torque for the pinch bolts is 10 NM (7.38 ft lb).

This.
1966 Moto Guzzi Stornello
IBA # 35648
WitchCityBallabio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #3509
pyoungbl
Colonel Blood

Oddometer: 451
I'm tired of waiting. You see, I decided to spring for a Russel Day Long seat for the Stelvio. Yes, the OEM seat is pretty darn good. I'd rate it for 300 miles. The Russel should get me to the 1K mark. I expect the new seat any day now, kinda like Christmas but without a known date. At least being seat-less for a couple weeks has made it super easy to do other maintenance on the bike without any pressure to finish the job quickly. Nevertheless, I'm tired of waiting!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #3510
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
Fantastic design, eh? Over tighten a pinch bolt and your front wheel will break off mid-ride and fold your body into origami. Great. Does a torque wrench come in the tool kit, or does your warranty on your life expire if you have to put in a tube trail side without one?

And the bike already weighs like 600lbs....I'd prefer guzzi make the forks out of sheet steel.

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote