User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
kag OP
Wander Lust

Oddometer: 773
Continental Contimotion Tires

I just thought I will post up my initial review of these that I put on my Buell Ulysses

I bought a set of these shipped for $170 and had them mounted today. I rode about 100 miles on them through interstate, 2 lane twisties, and gravel roads.

Couple of things I liked:
1. Cost
2. Smooth ride
3. Grip

on the interstate I thought they had a smoother ride than the stock pirellis I replaced. The 2 lane twisties I was pleased with the grip they had and I really hammered through some curves at higher speeds I had taken the same curves with before with the Pirellis and they felt more grippy. I rode down some gravel roads and thought they were no better or worse than the OEM Pirellis.

Of course I liked the cost vs some of the other tires I looked at and considered. They are supposed to have a better longer wearing compound to them but we will see. No rain experience with them yet but if they prove themselves and wear well over the winter I will put a fresh set on before my Alaska trip this coming summer.

I also put a set of Sintered brake pads on and they provided good stopping power and I got on them hard a few times. When I washed the bike they did squeak until dried out....not sure I can live with that.

Of course your mileage may vary but this is my initial view of them.

kag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #2
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,039
I've been using Conti-motions for the last 20,000 miles. I've used them in the heat, down to the single digit cold, in all day rain, and even some gravel. They have excelled in everything except gravel (obviously, as they're a street tire). I've never been in a situation on asphalt where I lost grip or felt like I needed more. I don't usually ride very aggressively on the street. Though, I did wear all the way to the edge of the tires during an MSF advanced rider course I took this summer with no slipping.

They've worn out in a perfect 2 rears to 1 front ratio. I get 8,000 miles out of a rear and 16,000 out of a front on a relatively lightweight SV650. For $160 shipped for a pair I can't complain. I can't think of a reason to switch to a new tire.

Pennsylvania to Newfoundland Ride Report
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:34 PM   #3
AviatorTroy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,533
Those are what I'm planning on using on my SV next as well!
AviatorTroy is offline   Reply With Quote