Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 09:53 PM   #1231
STANIMAL
SUPPORT THE SECOND

Oddometer: 2,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoffensive View Post
has anyone turned one of these into a supermoto yet?
Yes.
I'm ignorant, but happy---steyr_scout308
STANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #1232
G19Tony
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANIMAL View Post
Yes.
Let's hear it! Pics too, please.

Nothing's too cruel if it's funny enough.
G19Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:27 PM   #1233
STANIMAL
SUPPORT THE SECOND

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19Tony View Post
Let's hear it! Pics too, please.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=844010
Old 12-03-2012, 10:31 PM   #1234
Leoffensive
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
i hope theres a write up.

id like to have the supermoto wheels for days i feel like being on the street
Leoffensive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:31 PM   #1235
STANIMAL
SUPPORT THE SECOND

http://www.rickramsey.net/CRF250Llg/WhiteSM.jpg
Old 12-03-2012, 10:33 PM   #1236
STANIMAL
SUPPORT THE SECOND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoffensive View Post
i hope theres a write up.

id like to have the supermoto wheels for days i feel like being on the street
Thats easy , Motostrano should have a setup or you can buy hoops and build one yourself.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #1237
Wargasm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
I know I've worked the forks over good, no tabletops or anything, but weighing in at nearly 240lbs and riding this thing hard hasn't made the forks weep yet.
Wargasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:54 PM   #1238
Tommyrg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
crf250l forks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkan Boy View Post
Bit of a poor luck there...
I've crashed hard on every sides but I had hand-guards and a saddlebag at the time.
Right side: No damage. Guards saved the levers. Some scuffs on the plastics.
Left side: Shifter was bent 90 degrees, but it was easily bent back. Plastic bracket that holds the storage compartment broke so I removed it. Scuffs on the plastics.
Nose dive: Broken headlight, bracket, front mask and a mirror. Key damaged the display panel. About 200-300$ damage.

My conclusion is that this bike will take quite a few knocks and ride away from it.
Radiator is a bit vulnerable, though.

Do you think the fork leak could be related to the crash? As far as I've seen you're the first to report this. Do you think a new seal will fix it?
I been to the motorcross track a time or two with it nothing major no jumps just busting the Berms a bit I think it has something to do with the wipers and having almost 4000 miles...i really dont know just gonna replace the left seal and put some 30 wt fork oil from belray to slow down the compression a bit.
Tommyrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:56 PM   #1239
Guerillah
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
Turns out Honda is backordered on some of the parts for the shifter lever so i'll be trying out the one on bestdualsportbikes.com ... I'll let you guys know how it goes.

On another note... any impressions from someone who went from a 13T front sprocket/stock 40T rear to a 13T/43T? I am considering getting a 43T rear. Rick Ramsey notes that it helped out the response nicely but am interested in opinions/experiences of others if any are out there. Sometimes I have to hit short sections of highway to get to trails so I am a bit scared of its impact on my top speed (need to be able to go 75mph).

Cheers
Guerillah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #1240
Guerillah
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbrooks View Post

A few mods on the new CRF250L. Best Dual Sport Stage 1 mod with the Q4 exhaust. I opened up the air box with the Uni Filter air box vents as well. Plasti Dip was used for the rear and around the head light area. The Plasti Dip was used as a temp in case I did not like it, but I do. It is more durable that I thought it would be (about 6 coats). If I have issues with the Plasti Dip in the future, I will hit it with some flat black Fusion paint. I trimmed up the back license plate holder by getting rid of some of the excess. I was able to remove the big license plate light. I took the clear lense off the license plate light. I driled two holes into the bottom black plastic of the tail light, the used apoxy to attach the clear plastic piece from the license plate light over the two holes. This allows the light from the tail light to shine onto the license plate. If you do this, make sure to drill the holes as far forward as you can. The light coming out of the tail light shines straight down, so if you license plate is vertical the light may not hit it without bending your plate out. As you can see, I learned this lesson because my plate is bent out. I am aware Best Dual Sport is making a new foam filter for the bike, but charging $100 for them and they are not quite done yet. In the meantime, and for much less money, I am going to try and make my own. I have ordered bulk foam from Uni Filter. I am going to take a stock CRF250L filter and cut out the paper. Then glue the Uni Filter foam in place of it. I will let you know how that adventure goes. The bulk foam was only $12. I am still looking for details on the need or removal of the EVAP canister on the 250L. If someone could post detailed info of the need for it or the correct way to remove if it is not neaded I would appreciate it. From what I gather it does not seem necessary, so I could drop a couple of pounds if I can remove it correctly.
Be sure to let us know how it goes, $100 for a filter is a little much IMO, will wait for manufacturers to release an air filter.
Guerillah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:31 PM   #1241
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,439
With regards to air filter, I'd be tempted to wait for quality manufacturers like TwinAir, a world class provider in the Netherlands, to come up with a foam filter for the CRF250L, as they already make one for the street going CBR250R. And yes, I cross referenced part #'s....they don't fit....and are barely similar.
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #1242
RonZacapa
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Took delivery of my 250L last week Thursday. Mileage is currently sitting at +600km. Fantastic little bike the 250L with a few shortcomings though. On a gnarly trailride on Sunday the limits of the rear shock were soon confirmed. Weighing 220 in my gear could be that all that's required is to turn up the preload at the back a tad. Access to the shock seems very limited so my question is have any of you been able to successfully get at the rear shock, either by stripping parts around it to gain access or by removing the shock altogether?
Not looking at spending much money on the bike as I have a 650L that is good and sorted for the more demanding stuff.
Overall very happy with my purchase, I can see myself keeping this bike for a while
RonZacapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #1243
cherrywaves
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Greatest thread ever. Wen I get home on leave I am going to go through and read every post. Love y'all's pictures of these great machines. I'll get a few of mine up. I put on one of the fmf pipes at southern Honda last weekend.

my thoughts
cherrywaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:45 PM   #1244
Just Bob
Been There Done That

Oddometer: 257
Make the bike faster by leaving it stock and turning the world into black and white. Bonus points if you can name the location.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:58 AM   #1245
TXlonghorn
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Just Bob - a little north of Chiang Mai, Thailand. Passed that place several times on rides while visiting.
TXlonghorn is offline   Reply With Quote