User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #91
ParaMud
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 625

Both sides can play this game all day long.

But I want a ktm.
:)
but have a klr
")
Old 12-03-2012, 07:26 PM   #92
ntm1973
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
KLR650's don't have a horsepower problem as much as it has a weight problem. It is a heavy bike for offroading although that didn't stop me from finding some great trails on it (although it was hard and dangerous.) The truth is, it isn't a great dual sporting bike but they sell a lot of them because when people think dual sporting, they think klr650. It seems like a lot people that get more involved in the offroad end of the spectrum start looking for different/more suitable machines. For the record, I'm not bashing the bike, I'm just saying that throwing a lot of money at it to make it lighter or more powerful is probably going to be a loosing battle from a cost/benefit perspective.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #93
BADDAD
" Bitter Clinger "

Oddometer: 316
38K miles and I still love my KLR. She's no show pony, just a go pony.(uh donkey.....you know what I mean)

PLAN B SUCKS

When you don't know what you are doing you might as well do it quickly
Old 12-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #94
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 9,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDragRacer View Post
Off the grid, you prove you can be snide, condescending, and dismissive; can you not also be ACCURATE?

"Over a decade" appears an imprecise approximation of 26 years of fundamentally unchanged KLR650 production.

Try, "over a GENERATION," when next you bash KLR650's, upgrading your screed with a unit of time more exactly corresponding to the interval you wish to portray!

Can you not grant KLR650's even their just credit for actual time served as, "laughingstock of the off-road community?" Surely, someone of your obvious intellect and sophistication distinguishes between "decade," and "generation." If not, ask a KLR650 rider to explain for you the difference.

Thanks for the clarification.

For the record, I don't dislike KLRs. I've seen people do some sick shit on them. Would I? Not on your life. But there are people that love em.

This is a buddy of mine back East, Glenn. He rode the entire Hancock Quarry run with his son on the back of his KLR. Sick. The Quarry run is regarded as one of the most technically brutal dual sports in the NE.

My group only lasted about 30 miles before we were whipped from riding the day before.
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Old 12-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #95
rpet
Awesometown

Oddometer: 809
a 640 is a modern KTM?
Read my homie's underway Africa trip RR - Round Africa with a Surboard
WTB: Clarke tank for DR650 for cheap - any color but blue.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:30 AM   #96
beergut OP
Thumper

Oddometer: 413
http://www.klr650.net/forums/ showthread.php?t=107584
Old 12-04-2012, 05:51 AM   #97
kojack
My Hardley is a POS

Oddometer: 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaMud View Post

Both sides can play this game all day long.

But I want a ktm.
:)
but have a klr
")
tell your buddy to put his katoom back together.....everyone knows they are built from gods urine....they never break!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:53 AM   #98
kojack
My Hardley is a POS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
Thanks for the clarification.

For the record, I don't dislike KLRs. I've seen people do some sick shit on them. Would I? Not on your life. But there are people that love em.

This is a buddy of mine back East, Glenn. He rode the entire Hancock Quarry run with his son on the back of his KLR. Sick. The Quarry run is regarded as one of the most technically brutal dual sports in the NE.

My group only lasted about 30 miles before we were whipped from riding the day before.

what your KTM only lasted 30 miles?

ha ha ha! im sorry bud....I had too.....
Old 12-04-2012, 05:57 AM   #99
kojack
My Hardley is a POS

Someone above said that the KLR is not fun....

Funny, everytime I got back from, during, and even before I had a HUGE smile on my face. Cheap to buy, Cheap to build, Cheap to run, and just down right fun! im sure the high strung 650s are a BLAST.......but, after seeing someone's LC4 Adv shit the motor twice in as many years, meh....I dont want that in the back of my head on a long distance run...

tight trails around the house...im down like a clown....
Old 12-04-2012, 05:58 AM   #100
syaufu
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Just returned last nite from 18 days in Columbia SA. Rode a 2012 KLR 650 ..did about 3000 miles of paved,dirt..difficult passing long lines of trucks up steep mountain passes etc..I had never ridden one before so had no history with the bike...have a 1200 GS ,650 twin BMW ..it was very adequate for the trip..It would have been nice to have more power for sure but if I was careful with the powerband it worked nicely..no problems with the carb. settings up to 13,000 feet..I reworked the seat so I was able to get my feet on the ground and it had a lowering link in it also..I need about 31in seat height to be comfortable..would I buy one ?? No.. but for that type of a trip it was fine..for the price it is a fine motorcycle..by the way ...if you want an awesome trip go down to Columbia and take a trip with Mike at Motolombia..he is the best guide I have had and I have taken a number of guided trips through South America..London to China etc..
Old 12-04-2012, 06:40 AM   #101
bomber60015
Anatomically Correct

Oddometer: 8,843
I always feel just a little sorry for someone who gets their dander up when someone disagrees about their favorite brand of motorcycle (band/author/TV show) . . . .. makes me wonder what they are compensating for, ya know?

Full disclosure -- bought my 05 KLR about a year ago to re-enter off road riding after years of street only riding. . . . .figured, if I DIDN'T enjoy it it, I could sell it for what I paid . . . .

Needless to say, I didn't enjoy it, I LOVED getting off pavement again . . . . the KLR isn't quite enough bike for what I'd love to be able to do, but the price differential simply isn't worth it for me . . . . I'd rather spend the dough on long, life changing rides, thankyouverymuch . . . .

Grid . . . take a breath, man -- while you may have information of value to add, your tough guy act makes seeing that value more difficult than it needs to be . . . .
"Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance. T.R.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:03 AM   #102
CodyY
ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer: 9,486
You can save your sorry for someone else. I'm well aware of what works FOR ME.

some electrons were mildly inconvenienced in the sending of this message
Old 12-04-2012, 07:33 AM   #103
bomber60015
Anatomically Correct

Oddometer: 8,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyY View Post
You can save your sorry for someone else. I'm well aware of what works FOR ME.

some electrons were mildly inconvenienced in the sending of this message
What makes you think I was referring to you, Cody?
"Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance. T.R.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:50 AM   #104
kojack
My Hardley is a POS

He's just the biggest whiner on this site. And I guess he thinks the whole site revolves around him. I was playing around with off the grid actually. Again, when someone sends you multiple pm's regarding your avatar and how he used something similar and called me various names, I'm guessing coydY is, at best 7 yo, or some spoiled little rich kid who's daddy buys everything for him.

Sorry CodyY, I call em like I see em, your a whining little bitch. Go ride your gold plated ktm and leave the boards to the mature folk who are rib rubbing.

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-04-2012, 08:08 AM   #105
CodyY
ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer: 9,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber60015 View Post
What makes you think I was referring to you, Cody?
Gotta keep up my reputation, ya know.

:Norton