Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 09:01 AM   #31
Mountain Cruiser OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin' View Post
This bike is a Vision 8-Ball and it does not have a trunk.

The trunks can be removed but I don't think it's easy.

Okay, thanks. I need a trunk. I would just keep it on then.

Mountain Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #32
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,106
There is a video somewhere about removing the trunk. Looks pretty easy, but it isn't a quick disconnect type of operation.

You will need a panel that covers the hole left by the trunk as well.

Google "Victory vision trunk removal"

From Scottie Boy "If you calculated the money spent versus time actually used, vaginas cost more per hour than the space shuttle."
wannaklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #33
Tim_Tom
Riding an' Wrenching

Oddometer: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin' View Post
Without the trunk -

Wow. This thing looks WAYY better than Honda's new 'goldwing bagger' FB6 or whatever it is. Not my style bike to ride, but it is nice to look at. Good lines.
Tim_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #34
Dave.0
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 613
I really like the art deco styling of these, along the lines of previous Arlen Ness offerings. I give credit to victory for doing something different. It looks like a fine road couch, and if I was in the market for a big touring bike, well, I'd probably get a moto guzzi california, but thats a different topic
Dave.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:49 AM   #35
vnp514
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaklr View Post
There is a video somewhere about removing the trunk. Looks pretty easy, but it isn't a quick disconnect type of operation.

You will need a panel that covers the hole left by the trunk as well.

Google "Victory vision trunk removal"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71_S6JtETR8

Doesn't look too tough to me.

Pete
vnp514 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #36
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,640
I tested one a few years ago and really liked it.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661436
cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:42 AM   #37
Mountain Cruiser OP
Banned

So, what can you expect to pay for these bikes? MSRP or below?

Old 12-04-2012, 07:05 AM   #38
Mountain Cruiser OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Twin View Post
Nice taste in bikes you have! Just got the twin to this one ; had it 2 weeks so far and I love it. . Amazing ride, light handling, plenty of stock power and all the goodies. Love Harleys too, but this is just so different.

Kudos to Victory, they seem to have something going. Let's hope they keep it going for a long time.

How is the stereo audio quality? Are you using blue tooth conectivity to helmet speakers and microphone to talk to passenger?

Old 12-04-2012, 08:25 AM   #39
NuckaMan
Space Available

Oddometer: 320
A buddy and I rented a Vision and HD Street Glide for a day. Tooled around SoCal for about 450 miles before turning them back in.

Switched bikes often, just to get an idea if each bike.

Overall performance and comfort, Vision without a doubt. The seat, wind management, engine, handling....better than the HD.

Our biggest knock with the Vision, besides the room splitting looks, was the plasticy feel of the bike. They use a lot of it on the bike. The HD and with amount of metal in it gives it a better feel and character to it.....but if course that is all subjective.

If I were too choose between the two for a cross country trip, it would be the Vision without a second thought. Would I buy one?......I would have to think about it for a bit.

Any potential owner will need to prepare for wanted and unwanted attention, both positive and negative.....our gas stops and some traffic light stops always took longer than expected due to the vision.

2012 Kawasaki Concours 14

2013 Triumph Bonneville
NuckaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #40
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,085
A friend has a Vision Tour, with almost 40K miles on it. He uses it, as a commuter. The bodywork is a rattling mess. I put a Bushtec hitch on it and wasn't surprised to see some of the same fastening ideas that they use on their ATVs, which rattle like crazy. I, also, put tires on this bike. While doing that, I discovered the suspension rocker had worn out its bushings. Polaris uses the same type of bushing on their ATV suspensions, which, also, wear out prematurely.

I, also, put tires on a mutual friend's Stratoliner. There's a night and day difference in build quality and handling between the two. Granted, these are two different bikes, but, I surprised by how much better the Yamaha was. Maybe, the Victory Cross Roads/Country would be a better comparison. And, I'd like to ride and see what differences there are. However, if I were spending my money, I'd look at something other than the Vision. YMMV.

As for Vision trunk removal, it's just 4 bolts and a wire harness disconnect. I'm not familiar with what would cover the void in the bodywork, but, it's a very easy removal, either way.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #41
blk-betty
bam-a-lam

Oddometer: 2,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckaMan View Post
A buddy and I rented a Vision and HD Street Glide for a day. Tooled around SoCal for about 450 miles before turning them back in.

Switched bikes often, just to get an idea if each bike.

Overall performance and comfort, Vision without a doubt. The seat, wind management, engine, handling....better than the HD.

If I were too choose between the two for a cross country trip, it would be the Vision without a second thought.

Not really an apples to apples comparison. The Vison is much closer to the HD Ultra or Road Glide. The Street Glide has 1" shorter shocks than the Ultra so it gives up a lot in regards to suspension travel, also the Street Glide windshield and seat are more for looks and don't offer the wind protection or comfort of the Ultra or Road Glide.

Have never ridden a Victory but replaced my Street Glide with a Road Glide and there is a big difference in comfort in stock form between these two.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:37 PM   #42
Rollin'
does it come in black?

Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk-betty View Post
Not really an apples to apples comparison. The Vison is much closer to the HD Ultra or Road Glide. The Street Glide has 1" shorter shocks than the Ultra so it gives up a lot in regards to suspension travel, also the Street Glide windshield and seat are more for looks and don't offer the wind protection or comfort of the Ultra or Road Glide.

Have never ridden a Victory but replaced my Street Glide with a Road Glide and there is a big difference in comfort in stock form between these two.
Victory Vision 8-Ball
It has a 1" shorter shock a 1" lower seat and a shorter windshield -

Rollin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #43
ShineySideUp
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
I have a 2008 Ness Custom Vision Tour Premium. Yes the looks are polarizing - people love it or hate it. Even though I work full-time I was able to put 8k miles on my Vision in the last 12 months, with the longest trip being 500 miles. So lots of trips in my local area. I love to ride the Vision. I can't tell you how many times people will walk over and talk to me while I get gas; or at a stop light. I was riding on the super slab a couple of weeks ago and a 4x4 jacked way up, pulls along side of me and the woman in the passenger seat [50ish] is giving me two thumbs up.
I do PGR missions on a regular basis. Almost every mission another PGR member wants to talk about the bike, handling, reliability, etc.
Oil change - take out the drain plug, remove the oil filter, and add new oil and filter. That oil change takes care of the engine and the transmission. One bolt one filter. Pretty easy.
There is no perfect bike - we all have our preferences and dislikes, that is what makes the world go 'round'

I wonder where that road goes?
ShineySideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #44
GotMojo?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,100
I saw one of these at a gas station a few week ago. Cool looking bikes in person... I wasn't sure what the hell it was at first since I hadn't seen anything like it before. Walked around it a few times to take it all in and I was impressed.
GotMojo? is offline   Reply With Quote