User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 08:35 AM   #16
Bronco638
Nobody Home

Oddometer: 3,516
Hi Francisco,

I have a Corbin seat on my DR650. I like it but, as you have read, there are lots of other choices.

I do not know if the side racks for a DL650 would fit a DR650 but I would guess that they would not. You might try to find someone that will make a set for you. That might be the cheapest.

I would also rethink the hard (aluminum) side bags. If you happen to crash, while on your trip, you may render the hard boxes unusable (the cover will no longer fit or a seam will split open) or the support rack may break and no longer hold the box. In my opinion, you may be better off with racks and soft bags.

There are quite a few DR650 threads in the Thumper section. You would benefit if you read through them where a lot of these issues have already been discussed.

Good luck with your trips and your DR!

Andy holds the lead. And he will, all the way to the Highway. Today is his day.
Bronco638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:47 AM   #17
twasp
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
DR 650 seat.

Hi Francisco. I had a Corbin seat, it did not work for me. To narrow in the back and too wide in the front. Plus it was the dished one and the raised sides cut into the bottom of my legs.
I had a custom seat built on the stock seat pan by Bill Mayer Saddles.com. It was actually less money than the Corbin and it fits much better and is comfortable.
twasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:54 AM   #18
farrell caesar
Seezer

Oddometer: 389
Seat`

I had a corbin, it's up stairs somewhere. Got a sargent with a sheep skin. I like it. Got a Rick mayer on my wr250. Perfect!
Old 12-21-2012, 01:01 PM   #19
Francisco Gomez OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco638 View Post
Hi Francisco,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco638 View Post
H
I have a Corbin seat on my DR650. I like it but, as you have read, there are lots of other choices.

I do not know if the side racks for a DL650 would fit a DR650 but I would guess that they would not. You might try to find someone that will make a set for you. That might be the cheapest.

I would also rethink the hard (aluminum) side bags. If you happen to crash, while on your trip, you may render the hard boxes unusable (the cover will no longer fit or a seam will split open) or the support rack may break and no longer hold the box. In my opinion, you may be better off with racks and soft bags.

There are quite a few DR650 threads in the Thumper section. You would benefit if you read through them where a lot of these issues have already been discussed.

Good luck with your trips and your DR!
Hello Bronco how are you, we hope fine.
Thanks a lot for your recomendation about Seats for DR 650, I already get a Oasis Seat, which is the same as Seat Concepts, according to the forum its the best choice, but due to impotation process to my country I will receive it at january 2013, as soon as I test it, I will inform to the forum the results, for Rear Cases recently I brough a GIVI 46 Ltr. case, according to my test its was the good selection, and regarding lateral cases I will insist in Aluminun cases, hand made, following the dimension of SW Motech, and for side racks may be will be hand made too, well I will continue trip preparation and some day will be stablish the departure date.
Thanks a lot for you cooperation in this matter
Francisco Gomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #20
NYTrainer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 135
DR Seat

I bought a Seat Concepts Kit (Foam & cover) paid a shop $20 to install it & have never looked back. The stock seat was awful & I used a Suzuki low gel seat, for awhile, which was better, but the new one is the best!

2004 DR650 Suzuki,1978 Yamaha XS750,
1981 Yamaha XS650 Street Tracker,1981 Yamaha XV920 Chain-drive
1986 Yamaha YZ490-Vintage MX project, Yamaha TW200(Girl Friend's Ride) Yamaha TDM 850
NYTrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:37 PM   #21
Fred Garvin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
DR seat

Your search is over. Seat Concepts. End of story.
Fred Garvin is offline   Reply With Quote