Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2012, 10:27 AM   #11
Fast1
Twisted Throttle

Oddometer: 1,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshrey View Post
What is the correct size rear sprocket to use if switching to 17" rims if I want to keep the same gear ratio on my TE? Was going to buy a second bike, but that pic of the Warp 9 setup is just soooo good looking I may go that route.

The SM630 runs a 38 th rear sprocket however the internal gear box ratios of the SM630 for 5th and 6th are lower than the TE630.

I ran the stock TE630 42 rear sprocket on the 17" wheels and the bike felt geared similar to girlfriends SM630 in 6th gear which was 5000 rpm at 70 mph.

I plan on eventually running a 40 th on my 17" wheels so that I can swap back to dirt set up without any chain length issues.

I was extremely surprised and impressed by the look of my TE after installing the black 17" supermoto wheels and that even takes into consideration that I have a white SM630 in the garage. My girlfriend and a few friends that own TE630s also conveyed the same opinions. It really does change the image of the TE. The photos I posted were not the best since they came from my camera phone but I should have some better ones later.

Warp 9 / Motostrano does have the black rims with black hubs and black rear sprocket which I think I'd prefer but I purchased this set up slightly used off ebay.

What also surprised me is with a limited graded hard pack dirt road run.. how well the distanzias worked even at higher speeds and under hard braking and fast accleration.. After winter I'll have a better review of the 17" Distanzia set up for packed dirt/graded road use.
11 Husqvarna TE630- sold
08 Husqvarna TE510- sold

Fast1 screwed with this post 12-04-2012 at 10:35 AM
Fast1 is offline   Reply With Quote