ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #586
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,649
Talking Grab, and a long story..

I rode up to grab both the NWVA & the Panhandle tag today! Made it to the NWVA tag first them doubled back to grab this one.
Grab! Reynolds Store Thriftiques, 9263 N Frederick Pike, Cross Junction, VA 22625...

Unfortunately I forgot to grab something from home to use as a temporary mascot for you guys... I even have two or three things to use. Sorry.
I decided to take a look inside the store real quick. You never know what you may find! (As I'm posting this I'm just now thinking, why didn't I look for a mascot in there?)
As I was walking up to the door a lady(Debbie) walks out with some packages in her arms and asks why I was taking pictures of the building? Debbie said her husband told her there was some guy on a motorcycle out side taking pictures of the building.
So I told her about the Panhandle tag-0-rama game and how her building was "it". Debbie really liked the idea of the game(haven't met one person who didn't) . She said her and her husband used to ride, etc. She even got online and to check out the picture 5PD took of her building.
She has video of you too 5PD! I was going to try and talk her into posting it.
I showed her the NWVA game as well and pulled Bruce( the NWVA mascot out of my pocket to show her. She got a good laugh out of that!
I was there at least 30 minutes. Real nice person. If you're in the area, stop in and say high!
It was around 5PM at that point. Damn, times a wastin! I have to scoot! I have a place picked out for both tags!

I'm off to the races!

I'm almost to one of the new tag spots and making good time! ( I'm thinking of maybe doing a double tag on this one but I also have two spots picked too )
Something tells me to check on Bruce...

He's GONE!

I even stop and check other pockets and my tank bag. Nothing!

When I left the Antique store I had forgotten to zip the pocket he was in. Big mistake!
The material is kinda slick and he must have slid out somewhere in the last 20 miles. Great... There's no way I'll be able to find him in the dark...So I continue on sans Bruce...
I stop to take a pic for the new tag. I figure another tag or two just using a pic is acceptable, for both games, I hope.
I'm there about 5 minutes, am on the bike ready to leave when I hear someone behind me. He is coming to see why I'm sitting there. I tell him I just stopped to take pics of this...

Which happens to be the new tag! He was cool with that. I didn't get into tag-0-rama with him as I wanted to get home!

I'm parked about 40' off the road(behind the bike) on a side gravel road to some buildings. If you're only going to be a few minutes then it shouldn't be any problem. If you want to stay there awhile, I think there is parking across the street.

Clues...

This area used to be called Watson(a loooonnnngggg time ago) and is located in Hampshire county. This is the high end side of town.

PS: Grab one tag or grab both! Your call. Just use a picture tag for BOTH games until further notice, unless you want to introduce another. I can get a mascot into play on the NWVA game next time I grab it.

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:06 PM   #587
5punksdad
Tag-Master-Flash

Oddometer: 2,502
Wow......u spent more time typing than riding. Lol.

Nice work.

That video of me should show punk #4 dancing in his pants begging me to find him a toilet. Lol.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-03-2012, 06:33 PM   #588
RebRider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
I rode up to grab both the NWVA & the Panhandle tag today! Made it to the NWVA tag first them doubled back to grab this one.
Grab! Reynolds Store Thriftiques, 9263 N Frederick Pike, Cross Junction, VA 22625...

Unfortunately I forgot to grab something from home to use as a temporary mascot for you guys... I even have two or three things to use. Sorry.
I decided to take a look inside the store real quick. You never know what you may find! (As I'm posting this I'm just now thinking, why didn't I look for a mascot in there?)
As I was walking up to the door a lady(Debbie) walks out with some packages in her arms and asks why I was taking pictures of the building? Debbie said her husband told her there was some guy on a motorcycle out side taking pictures of the building.
So I told her about the Panhandle tag-0-rama game and how her building was "it". Debbie really liked the idea of the game(haven't met one person who didn't) . She said her and her husband used to ride, etc. She even got online and to check out the picture 5PD took of her building.
She has video of you too 5PD! I was going to try and talk her into posting it.
I showed her the NWVA game as well and pulled Bruce( the NWVA mascot out of my pocket to show her. She got a good laugh out of that!
I was there at least 30 minutes. Real nice person. If you're in the area, stop in and say high!
It was around 5PM at that point. Damn, times a wastin! I have to scoot! I have a place picked out for both tags!

I'm off to the races!

I'm almost to one of the new tag spots and making good time! ( I'm thinking of maybe doing a double tag on this one but I also have two spots picked too )
Something tells me to check on Bruce...

He's GONE!

I even stop and check other pockets and my tank bag. Nothing!

When I left the Antique store I had forgotten to zip the pocket he was in. Big mistake!
The material is kinda slick and he must have slid out somewhere in the last 20 miles. Great... There's no way I'll be able to find him in the dark...So I continue on sans Bruce...
I stop to take a pic for the new tag. I figure another tag or two just using a pic is acceptable, for both games, I hope.
I'm there about 5 minutes, am on the bike ready to leave when I hear someone behind me. He is coming to see why I'm sitting there. I tell him I just stopped to take pics of this...

Which happens to be the new tag! He was cool with that. I didn't get into tag-0-rama with him as I wanted to get home!

I'm parked about 40' off the road(behind the bike) on a side gravel road to some buildings. If you're only going to be a few minutes then it shouldn't be any problem. If you want to stay there awhile, I think there is parking across the street.

Clues...

This area used to be called Watson(a loooonnnngggg time ago) and is located in Hampshire county. This is the high end side of town.

PS: Grab one tag or grab both! Your call. Just use a picture tag for BOTH games until further notice, unless you want to introduce another. I can get a mascot into play on the NWVA game next time I grab it.
Glad to see someone tagging it was a nice day to ride or night....
Picture tag is fine..or put in another mascot...when i get some free time i will put the pirate duck in.
2001 Triumph Tiger
RebRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:24 AM   #589
twohawks
Not Afraid

Oddometer: 2,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebRider View Post
Glad to see someone tagging it was a nice day to ride or night....
Picture tag is fine..or put in another mascot...when i get some free time i will put the pirate duck in.
Pirate duck?!

Arrrrrrrrrr!

Utah and Colorado 2010 Ride Report
CAT HERDER'S
BWDR
SMIBS

2008 KLR650
1984 GL1200I GoldWing Interstate
Human Power'd two wheel machine - 2001 StumpJumper Pro Hardtail
CMA ><>
GWRRA
twohawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #590
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by twohawks View Post
Pirate duck?!

Arrrrrrrrrr!
No duck. Just a pic. Go get them!

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #591
5punksdad
Tag-Master-Flash

Grab. Capon springs wv. New tag soon.

5punksdad screwed with this post 12-04-2012 at 10:10 AM
5punksdad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #592
5punksdad
Tag-Master-Flash

U will find your new mascot "Spaulding" on the front porch of this abandoned house. The road follows a local river and is named after it.

5punksdad screwed with this post 12-21-2012 at 07:59 PM
Old 12-06-2012, 07:00 AM   #593
5punksdad
Tag-Master-Flash

Clues needed?
I know of one inmate that has figured it out.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #594
5punksdad
Tag-Master-Flash

the tag sits on a 2 digit county route that adds up to 5. The tag road intersects Carpers Pike near the red nose reindeer's auction services. I have bought and sold 3 motorcycles since I placed this tag!

now get to grabbing dammit!
Old 12-25-2012, 03:57 AM   #595
RebRider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 476
Merry Christmas

Hope all of you have a Great and Merry Christmas.... and get to do lots of tagging in the New Year....

Poor old spaldig freezing his ping and pong off...
2001 Triumph Tiger
RebRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:12 AM   #596
5punksdad
Tag-Master-Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebRider View Post
Hope all of you have a Great and Merry Christmas.... and get to do lots of tagging in the New Year....

Poor old spaldig freezing his ping and pong off...
Luckily Spaulding has balls!

Merry Christmas.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #597
5punksdad
Tag-Master-Flash

is the game broken?

Old 01-20-2013, 09:02 PM   #598
5punksdad
Tag-Master-Flash

is this a record for the longest sitting tag or what??? Such a good road to rode and nobody riding to get it.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #599
Falconx84
Lurker

Oddometer: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5punksdad View Post
is this a record for the longest sitting tag or what??? Such a good road to rode and nobody riding to get it.
buy me some heated gear and I'm down for it.

I'm pretty useless below 34-40 degrees.... and I've had to work every unseasonably warm day this year! (2013)
Old 01-21-2013, 04:01 PM   #600
5punksdad
Tag-Master-Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconx84 View Post
buy me some heated gear and I'm down for it.

I'm pretty useless below 34-40 degrees.... and I've had to work every unseasonably warm day this year! (2013)
I dont have heated gear either.