ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 07:46 PM   #16
peterman
cop magnet
 
peterman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Springfield,,,,like the Simpsons,,,orygun
Oddometer: 12,986
"Beneath the Wheel"

hand cut gears,,file your life away,,

you still can't put a 3" hole in a two inch part. . . . .
as I have said many times,,engineers should stick to ringing the bell and blowing the whistle, Casey Jones School of engineering,,,throttle on FULL!
CLANG!, CLANG!

you can engineer the heck out of falling big trees,
but unless you are a tree faller, you WILL kill yourself if you try it by the book.
concept does not equal knowledge and experienced application.
engineers should probably not ride motosickles, at least not ride them, and consider the possible failures built in by other engineers,
__________________
peterman
___________________________
"Your God, your rules,,YOU go burn in hell!" LLV
peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #17
speedmaster
Studly Adventurer
 
speedmaster's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Oddometer: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterman View Post
you still can't put a 3" hole in a two inch part. . . . .

engineers should probably not ride motosickles.,
You can if it’s a 3” diameter hole in a 2” radius part.
Specifications need to be specific.
speedmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #18
cbmma1969
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Meridian, ID
Oddometer: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmaster View Post
You can if it’s a 3” diameter hole in a 2” radius part.
Specifications need to be specific.
I agree. Who said all the hole has to be in the piece? Maybe I'm looking for a notch.
__________________
The traveler is active; he goes strenuously in search of people, of adventure, or experience. The tourist is passive; he expects interesting things to happen to him. DANIEL J. BOORSTIN, attributed, Voyages of Discover
cbmma1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #19
Miguel Sanchez
Whatever...
 
Miguel Sanchez's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Bend(over), OR
Oddometer: 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterman View Post
hand cut gears,,file your life away,,

you still can't put a 3" hole in a two inch part. . . . .
as I have said many times,,engineers should stick to ringing the bell and blowing the whistle, Casey Jones School of engineering,,,throttle on FULL!
CLANG!, CLANG!

you can engineer the heck out of falling big trees,
but unless you are a tree faller, you WILL kill yourself if you try it by the book.
concept does not equal knowledge and experienced application.
engineers should probably not ride motosickles, at least not ride them, and consider the possible failures built in by other engineers,

As a person with two degrees in Engineering (mechanical and manufacturing) and 25 years experience doing it, I agree with you 100% . But then I can make shit and fall trees.

Hiya P-Man!
__________________
- Miguel

01 GS1150, 02 WR426F, 04 XR650L, 04 315R, 04 CRF230F, 81 R100RT (S), 56 G80CS, 87 MT11, 71 TS185, 74 98SR, 74 99RT, 76 TL250, 70 MX125, 80 DR400, 80 RS175, 80 RS250, 78 XR75, 74 RD350, 70 CT70, 06 Monster 620 Dark, and about a dozen more I can't think of right now...
Miguel Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:39 AM   #20
XR4EVER
919 excuses to ride!
 
XR4EVER's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Post Falls, ID
Oddometer: 1,064
I don't know if you are still looking, or even have any interest in coming to ID, but I just stumbled on this posting on the ID Dept of Labor website:

https://labor.idaho.gov/idahoworks/e...&jsSortBy=Rank
__________________
I hate bear grass.
XR4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #21
BenzinHuffer
n00b
 
BenzinHuffer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Oddometer: 1
Our company is hiring engineers. We are located in Mukilteo. Check out the Craigslist link below.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/egr/3510345086.html
BenzinHuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014