ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #46
Timo Explorer
Trail Wizard
 
Timo Explorer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Newmarket, Onterrible
Oddometer: 255
Excellent report and photographs. Thanks so much for sharing with us.
__________________
There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.
"The adventure is worthwhile in itself." -- Amelia Earhart
"Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker" -- Willy Wonka
"You can't stay young, but you can stay immature." -- Red Green
"Never leave spontaneity to chance." -- Neil Peart
Timo Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:34 PM   #47
lvscrvs
Studly Adventurer
 
lvscrvs's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: norcal
Oddometer: 614
What's an adventure without..... rain and wind, a crash, missed connections, crummy accommodations, crappy food, lousy roads and scenery, yucky people, super fine people, great roads and scenery, delicious food, stellar accommodations, great conversations, returning in one piece and awesome weather.... good one SAN..... now what we really want to know... what type of special agent are you anyway????.....
__________________
Ginormous Beasts go to the Eastside

Tiger 955i / Yamaha WR250R < Tiger 955i / DRZ400S / R1150GS < FJR1300 < DL1000 < BMW R1100RS < Ducati ST4 < DL650 zzzzz 30+ years zzzzz 125 Honda Elsinore < Suzuki TM250 < Yamaha 90 Enduro < Taco
lvscrvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #48
SpecialAgentNancy OP
& your little dog 2!
 
SpecialAgentNancy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: San Francisco
Oddometer: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkpilot2 View Post
Nancy, thanks for the great report. I could have never summed it up so well. Sure am missing it now! I hope to get a video together over Christmas.....you'll be the first to see it....

Dan
Ah sweet. Dad will be visiting and I can scare the heebie jeebies out of mom with it.
__________________
SpecialAgentNancy
SpecialAgentNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #49
SpecialAgentNancy OP
& your little dog 2!
 
SpecialAgentNancy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: San Francisco
Oddometer: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvscrvs View Post
What's an adventure without..... rain and wind, a crash, missed connections, crummy accommodations, crappy food, lousy roads and scenery, yucky people, super fine people, great roads and scenery, delicious food, stellar accommodations, great conversations, returning in one piece and awesome weather.... good one SAN..... now what we really want to know... what type of special agent are you anyway????.....
Rogue.
__________________
SpecialAgentNancy
SpecialAgentNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:06 PM   #50
izzyblue
LOST
 
izzyblue's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Oddometer: 61
Hey Nancy,

What a beautiful trip! I'm sure a lifetime of great stories and memories

Hope to see you again in Death Valley next year!

Your motorcycle enthusiast friend,

~ Nancy
izzyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:07 PM   #51
Big Daddy D
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Big Daddy D's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: under the sea
Oddometer: 266
Thanks! Loved the read. NW Spain and Portugal is still on my 'to do' list.

Big Daddy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #52
RonS
Out there...
 
RonS's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Dancing with roads
Oddometer: 18,339
Well done Special Agent. Feel free to take a couple weeks off and rest. Salute.

Love these European ride reports.
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:15 AM   #53
SpecialAgentNancy OP
& your little dog 2!
 
SpecialAgentNancy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: San Francisco
Oddometer: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyblue View Post
Hey Nancy,

What a beautiful trip! I'm sure a lifetime of great stories and memories

Hope to see you again in Death Valley next year!

Your motorcycle enthusiast friend,

~ Nancy
Hey Fellas

Izzyblue was one of the only 3 women at the Death Valley rally last spring. She wails like a banshee in the dirt and sand.
Nice to see you here girlie!
__________________
SpecialAgentNancy
SpecialAgentNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #54
izzyblue
LOST
 
izzyblue's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Oddometer: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialAgentNancy View Post
Hey Fellas

Izzyblue was one of the only 3 women at the Death Valley rally last spring. She wails like a banshee in the dirt and sand.
Nice to see you here girlie!
You are too funny but I like the thought of that.... Maybe one day!
izzyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:46 AM   #55
SpecialAgentNancy OP
& your little dog 2!
 
SpecialAgentNancy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: San Francisco
Oddometer: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy D View Post
Thanks! Loved the read. NW Spain and Portugal is still on my 'to do' list.

Yeah we really wanted to avoid the middle of Spain, too hot, so we passed through Andorra, gorgeous, but still hit some heat at lower altitude. There are some passes in that northern mountain range really worth exploring. It was a long, challenging trip but well worth the reward....Portugal was pretty amazing. Well except for those annoying 'street' lights that are merely to slow down traffic going through villages.

The boys would trip the sensors so that by the time I got to the darned thing, it was red. Ran a lot of red lights in Portugal.
__________________
SpecialAgentNancy

SpecialAgentNancy screwed with this post 12-11-2012 at 08:41 AM
SpecialAgentNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #56
Dieselpwr
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Dieselpwr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialAgentNancy View Post
Yeah we really wanted to avoid the middle of Spain, too hot, so we passed through Andorra, gorgeous, but still hit some heat at lower altitude. There are some passes in that northern mountain range really worth exploring. It was a long, challenging trip but well worth the reward....Portugal was pretty amazing. Well except for those annoying 'street' lights that are merely to slow down traffic going through villages.

The boys would trip the sensors so that by the time I go to the darned thing, it was red. Ran a lot of red lights in Portugal.
Those damn lights are annoying. Most of the locals just ignore them at this point since there aren't any cameras or cops sitting there waiting to see who runs them.
__________________
2011 BMW R1200R Classic
Dieselpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #57
lvscrvs
Studly Adventurer
 
lvscrvs's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: norcal
Oddometer: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialAgentNancy View Post
Rogue.
whew.... that's a relief.... I thought maybe you were from the irs, in which case we'd have to kill you.....

















j/k thanks again for a great report....
__________________
Ginormous Beasts go to the Eastside

Tiger 955i / Yamaha WR250R < Tiger 955i / DRZ400S / R1150GS < FJR1300 < DL1000 < BMW R1100RS < Ducati ST4 < DL650 zzzzz 30+ years zzzzz 125 Honda Elsinore < Suzuki TM250 < Yamaha 90 Enduro < Taco
lvscrvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:11 PM   #58
Big Daddy D
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Big Daddy D's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: under the sea
Oddometer: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialAgentNancy View Post
Yeah we really wanted to avoid the middle of Spain, too hot, so we passed through Andorra, gorgeous, but still hit some heat at lower altitude. There are some passes in that northern mountain range really worth exploring. It was a long, challenging trip but well worth the reward....Portugal was pretty amazing. Well except for those annoying 'street' lights that are merely to slow down traffic going through villages.

The boys would trip the sensors so that by the time I got to the darned thing, it was red. Ran a lot of red lights in Portugal.
I love the ruggedness of the pyrenees. Good riding there. We've been all the way down south in Spain. But on our way back up we temps reached 42C @ 7 pm! Way too hot! You want to drive with the visor down to avoid the hot air blasting in your face!
Big Daddy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:59 PM   #59
joefromsf
Dark Happens
 
joefromsf's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: San Francisco
Oddometer: 1,471
Great ride report S.A.N. Missed it while you were posting so glad there were a lot of recent bumps.

Maybe see you at the Mendo Rally again.
__________________
--Joe .................................... http://joefromsf.smugmug.com/

We can't crash an infinite amount of times, so you better learn from every one! (by ARZ)
joefromsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #60
SpecialAgentNancy OP
& your little dog 2!
 
SpecialAgentNancy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: San Francisco
Oddometer: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromsf View Post
Great ride report S.A.N. Missed it while you were posting so glad there were a lot of recent bumps.

Maybe see you at the Mendo Rally again.
Hey Joe

I'm vacillating on the waiting list for it. Happy to ride the Tiger XC out there but want to ride a 250 dirt bike in DV proper.
Let me know if you know a guy who knows a guy who would be willing to let me ride it. You know how it goes.
hahaha
__________________
SpecialAgentNancy
SpecialAgentNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014