Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #11
Chuck in Indiana
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
fwiw, love the looks of the Quota as well.
I looked at the Quota when I decided that I wanted to buy/ride a Guzzi. It was the most similar Guzzi to the Wee-ABS that I was riding at the time. They were only imported in the Year 2000 and initially had some problems that the owners soon figured out how to sort out. There are currently about 160 or so in the US/Canada and they occasionally are for sale at decent prices. They were offered in three colors -- most were Red and Black but a very few came in that "drop dead gorgeous" Champagne and Blue combination that Sock Monkey showed in his picture. It's not uncommon to see a handful or so of them at the Guzzi Rallies around the Mid-West, particularly the Wisconsin and Michigan Rallies.

I backed away because I wanted a bike with ABS and the Quota did not have it. I finally bought a '12 NTX (in Cool Orange) and now have 5k miles on it. I bought it at Rose Farm and I believe the initial set up is very important to the success of the customer/bike relationship. I use a bike for long distance touring, camping trips and cycle rallies. The NTX satisfies my needs very well.

I could get interested in a Small Block NTX, depending on how it's equipped. I toured quite successfully for 25K miles on my Wee-ABS and the 650cc engine was more than adequate, even for the mountains in CO and MT.

Ride safe.
Chuck in Indiana is offline   Reply With Quote