Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
realshelby OP
FLAKE

Oddometer: 100
WERKS Final Drive Minders for Beemers-Chudder Free Clutch Baskets for V Stroms

I am a do-it-yourself guy that developed a couple of products for motorcycles out of my own need. They have been so popular I have taken it to the next level and introducing them to a wider audience. I have formed a company to run everything thru. That keeps everything legitimate, and allows me to offer invoices/sales reciepts and online secure payment methods. I built my own website and will keep up to date pricing, information, and feedback there.

Ordering information is on the website. Questions or concerns? E-mail Terry info@werksparts.com

Introducing WERKS Parts LLC www.werksparts.com

The WERKS clutch baskets I build for DL 1000, KLV 1000, and SV 1000 owners have really made a difference. If you are familiar with these bikes, you have probably heard of "Clutch Chudder". The only cure was to replace the basket with a new OEM unit.....and wait for the chudder to return! Now with the modifications and upgrades the WERKS package offers we can fix the weak factory design and improve on the performance. By fixing the inner plate with the addition of 3 machined bushings to locate it, and carefully adding weld to the spring pockets ( and hand fitting each one at a time to the basket for a slight interference fit ) the weak inner plate design is put where it is supposed to be and will stay there. A high precision bearing is fitted to the basket, and a second bearing is added to the top plate where the factory didn't even put one. The performance is better than a brand new basket. Less vibration across the rpm range and built to last.

Current cost to have your basket modified to WERKS standards is $285. I keep brand new DL and SV baskets in stock, the current price to have one of those built to WERKS standards for you is $595.

WERKS Final Drive Minder. Yes, my Beemer had a problem with the final drive unit. For those of you who have heard of that before....I offer peace of mind. I don't feel like replacing the Crown bearing at 52K is a big deal. I had about $130 in parts. I spend a LOT more than that every time I put new sprockets and chain on the V Stroms. What is a big deal is when the final drive leaves you stranded! What if there was a way to detect the first signs of bearing failure? They are there, and there could be a few thousand miles between the early signs and a roadside failure. With a 12,000 mile lubricant change interval the magnet on the drain plug just doesn't help. We need a way to have real time inspection of the final drive. The WERKS Final Drive Minder gives this ability. No tools are needed. Simpy unscrew the indicator and inspect the magnet for small flakes of shiny material. Done during pre-ride inspection or at fuel stops on a cross country tour the rider will gain confidence that final drive problems are not a problem for todays ride! We already have evidence that they collect these early signs of failure. Simple to install, simply replace your fill plug on Oilhead final drive housings. Two versions are availble.
Final Drive Minder - Aluminum is currently priced at $39.80
Final Drive Minder - Stainless Steel is currently priced at $47.80
$4 shipping in CONUS, $8 other destinations. Sales tax for Texas residents to enjoy paying.

WERKS modified clutch baskets for V Strom. Eliminate Chudder for good.
WERKS Final Drive Minders for Beemers available HERE

realshelby screwed with this post 04-02-2013 at 02:00 PM
realshelby is offline   Reply With Quote