Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #61
Beemerlover
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveburton View Post
This has worried me as I am getting into GSAs now and about to buy a second in the UK. I tried Super 10s and they are great but not as good. I am heading for south america, is this a common problem with GSs.

Can someone point me to a thread about reliability.

thanks dave
You might want to check out ukgser.com Lots of info there too.
Beemerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:29 PM   #62
mjfields_228 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
2 Thumbs up for BMW Motorrad Customer Service

This post will provide an extremely positive and satisfactory conclusion to my recent R1200GSA break-down Saga.

I received notification today from BMW Motorrad Customer Service that all of my trip interruption related expenses will be reimbursed!!! Getting the money provides much relief to the sting of having this happen but it also reenforces a much higher level of confidence in a company that provides great motorcycles and backs it up with equal customer service attributes.

Today is a good day. The weather is beautiful in Central Florida and I am going for an after work ride!
mjfields_228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:01 PM   #63
RichBMW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfields_228 View Post
This post will provide an extremely positive and satisfactory conclusion to my recent R1200GSA break-down Saga.

I received notification today from BMW Motorrad Customer Service that all of my trip interruption related expenses will be reimbursed!!! Getting the money provides much relief to the sting of having this happen but it also reenforces a much higher level of confidence in a company that provides great motorcycles and backs it up with equal customer service attributes.

Today is a good day. The weather is beautiful in Central Florida and I am going for an after work ride!
That's a fantastic outcome
RichBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #64
Beemerlover
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 294
Thumb Good show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfields_228 View Post

Well,I'm pleasantly surprised and glad that they finally manned-up and did the right thing.

Stories like this will go a LONG way towards offsetting some of the less than favorable ones that come out from time to time.

Enjoy that nice warm weather and ride safe.
Beemerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #65
TUCKERS
the famous james

Oddometer: 11,367
I'd say they did what was expected. I always wonder in a case like this what recompense you get for an unusable bike. Let's say for instance you are making payments, a month or so passes. $300 up the chute and no bike. Or worse case scenario it's your only form of transport and now what?, rent a car or bike.
I'd read the fine print on those trip interruption covers. Mine was useless from Good Sam. Small print says another vehicle must be involved!? I crashed, single vehicle incident...no coverage!
TUCKERS is offline   Reply With Quote