Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2012, 11:40 PM   #1
carloscyclecare OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
Philippines - Baler Aurora Dinadiawan

Hello everyone, just sharing photos of my recent ride to Baler and Dinadiawan Aurora province located North East of Luzon.

Left for the adventure November 29 Thursday night.

All packed and ready to go, leaving home. Christmas starts early in the Philippines, you will start seeing christmas decors and hear christmas carols in malls when the months ending in "ber" starts. It is perfect to visit the Philippines and ride in the country side in December as the weather will be more cold and comfortable enough for visitors from cold countries. However, December traffic in the cities will be a torment during this month.

Not much to take pictures of during the departure ride as it was night and nothing much the camera can capture.
Managed to reach Baler Aurora just before daybreak and have breakfast before heading out to Dinadiawan.

Baler is a surfers beach with lots of hotels and surfers shacks you can choose from depending on your demands and budget. Here's a photo of sunrise at Bay's inn where we had our breakfast.

Leaving Baler for Dinadiawan after a hearty breakfast. Spectacular views of the Ampere Bay welcomed us along the road.

And more breath taking views as I go along. The pictures cannot do any justice as to how beautiful it really is when seen by the naked eye.

Here's my paper gps by the way A real one will be mounted soon on the left side.

About 3 feet away from the cliff

As I go along...

Time to relax in Dinadiawan.

Day 2 was to head back to Baler and spend the night there before heading home the next day. Activity choices were 1) to go surfing, or 2) bum around by the beach with lots of food and booze. I was kinda tired after all so obviously I chose option 2 But first, a walk around Baler to see the surroundings was part of the itinerary.

Stunt kids jumping off a bridge onto a river

Finally it was time to go home. I'm able to take a couple of pictures of what I've missed during the night ride.
Pantabangan Canlili/Diayo dam has a road wide enough only for 1 car and has endless number of road humps.

One of the endless twisties

It was truly a great ride with no trouble. Also mixed with luck.
Saw this after blasting through a long road stretch, the nail went through the tire knobbies.

Till my next ride report, signing off from the Philippines...