Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 09:05 AM   #661
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Oddometer: 1,849
What a great day in Postojnka Cave and Predjama Castle hope you enjoyed the pictures its certainly an amazing place.
rideforsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #662
bavarian
bavarian

Oddometer: 1,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideforsmiles View Post
Cheers for the offer Bavarian, it would of been great to catch up but for the next little while im heading into the Balkan countries. Ive been through Munich three times in my travels now the last time a few weeks ago on that Saturday it was snowing, rode through Garmisch, man I havent been that cold in a long long long time if ever, poor little Ev the Polish girl that was with me was freezing her tits off with not one word of complaint, a simply amazing woman. If I pass through Munich again ill drop you a line and maybe we can catch up, I met a 30 year old pretty French girl last night that is interested in going to Munich maybe you could help me out by taking her to some club or giving her the tips on what to do or see.

Thanks for the bump in the ratings I feel much better about myself now and that my whole adventure means something ahahahahaha
Just tell her to PM me and I'll give her the tips or show her around. Enjoy the Balkans and go looking for some warmer riding areas!! Heard India should be fine this time of the year
bavarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #663
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Had a day off yesterday I was so sore from walking around the caves and the castle my poor old back got a hammering it must of hurt it running from security, that will teach me to run like a scared rabbit, im in the Balkans im allowed to just pick up and weapon around here arent I. Was really relaxing time at the Da Rosey B&B so didnt mind spending another day there. Tomasa and Nicolas were great hosts and the people I met while I was there were really nice.

So up this morning packing the bike to leave to Ljubljana in Slovenia, was on the road at a reasonable hour must of been 11 or so. Igt sucks the short days here in winter, the sn isnt comign up till around 8 and its gone at 4:30 and its still not the dead of winter yet it really does cut into your touristing stuff, ill have to have a word tro someone about the short days and see if they can lengthen them a bit, there must be a surgeon who does that lengthening deal around here somewhere im sure Ev would be happy if I found him , ok im getting a little of topic ahahahah

Had finished packing the bike was jsut about to leave and walk aroudn my bike to check everythign the dogs came out barking their heads of and over the bike went shit a brick that hasnt happened for awhile oh well with everythign on it and the centre of gravity set so high I have to take edverythign off to get it back up. Ok thats done and ooooh that hurt my back oh well fuck it im only going to be sitting on my ass on it anyway.

So eventually left about 20 minutes after that and hot the road, its only 100 or so K's to Ljubljana so I wasnt even thinking of hitting the expressway ill do it as back road as I can and see if I can find some off road too.
The roads I found were amazing although it was damp cause of the mist around and had one scary moment when the front wheel hit the centre white line and slid about 6 inches that certainly had my heart in my mouth and caused me to sslow down a little and be a bit more careful.

Through quite a few little villages whih were nice but nothign to interesting I certainly was gettign the feeling I was out in the backwoods of Slovenia though. At one stage I headed up a hill and into the mist it was so dense you couldnt see 50 metres in front of you was ok but had to go slow as I was up a mountain range and the side of the road was pretty much straigh off, how far down I have no idea but it was far enough to not want to go over the edge thats for sure.

Got to the top of the range then started headign down the mist cleared so decided to jump off road a little. The Gps had a road on the side that hooked back up with the mountain pass I was on a few k's up the road so took the turn and headed up into the unknown. Wasnt to bad but certain ly out there it was fantastic to be out in the woods of Slovenia by myself even if for only a little while, I just love it but as much as you feellike your out there it is Europe your never far away from some sort of help.

Eventually got back on the tarmac and the road was great although a little damp so still had to be careful. I hadnt past or seen another car for about 30 minutes which was great so if you were riding this road in the dry and it was like this it would be an absolute ball some fast sections some hairpins and a great surface pefect motorcycle road, damn you misty shit.

Arrived in Ljubljana whenever it was im not 100% sure but jsut booked in the girl at the desk was really nice and I have to say a bit of a sort too, ill sort that one out tomorrow lol. Everyone ive come across in Slovenia so far has spoken very good English which makes it nice and easy.

So basically hung around for awhile it was dark by now so went for a walk around town its not real big by the looks of it and the hotel im in is right in the centre of town. Oh that reminds when I was looking at the reviews on this hotel some guy was complaining that he got taken into an underground carpark three times well i got taken into it as well but when i went arodun the block I said well im not going to be like that dickhead and just keep going down there, its obvious it doesnt go anywhere but into parking lot so I did what any motorcyclist would do rode straight through the main square and down into the pedestrian area of the old town to a few strange looks but smiles as well.

Eventually found the hotel and rode up into an area outside it, ok if you had a car your not going to get here but the barricades are just wide enough to get the motorbike through so my baby is asleep safe and sound not far from me.
Another fantastic day fun riding and in another new city Ljubljana Slovenia.

The roads started of great and continued like that all day, Slovenia certainly has great back roads

There was high speed straightsz and great cornering too

Nice little villages to go through, pulled up at one and in the mirror I saw a guy behind me on a Bmw GS 800 just like me, what a coincidence. Was a bit strange cause when I turned around he was gone, probably the Slovenian secret police at work again

This loooked like a pretty cool township up on the hill

Ok im going up there it should be ok

Ok 60 k an hour seems fair enough

Found a few k's of off road so was all good but nothing to exciting

The people in Australia will find this sign interesting

Old 11-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #664
bavarian
bavarian

Still enjoying your RR - isn't it getting too cold?? We'll have snow tomorrow and it will be the last days I use the bike to get to my office.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #665
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Met another Aussie couple at breakfast this morning, they have been touring around Europe for a few weeks and have a few more to go. We had a nice chat over brekkie and we had both arrived yesterday afternoon so today was up to the castle and around town for all of us. Russell Karen are from Queensland so we had a bit of talk about how New south wales were going to win the next state of origin ahahah yeah what ever, but its nice to have a dream sometime they come true, bit like my 25 yo blonde stripper in the 911 carrera Porsche dream, highly unlikely but you just never know.

So off we went into the markets in town for a look, Russell bought himself some new jeans 15 bucks pretty good value really I probably could of done with another pair myself but if I buy another pair of jeans I have to get ride of the ones I have or something else and the ones I have arent falling off me yet even though ive had them since South Africa.

The markets had lots of stuff, vegies clothes and arts and crafts, it wasnt the big day thats saved for the weekends apparently but there was still quite a few things there to look at and see. We headed on over to the lift up to the castle and all aboard we were up there in a few minutes, got a discount from the young guy as a local pensioner so that saved me a few bucks never hurts to ask does it, i used to ask in Africa for that and when they said you arent a local I said what your telling me im not black, it always got a laugh.

The Ljubljana castle is nice enough nothing to exciting nice views of the town from up there so it was well worth it to go up and see the hiostory of Ljubljana, the area around here has had quite a few people claim it as there own over the years from the Celts, Romans Nepolean just to name a few. One of the earliest wheels ever discovered yes that is a wheel, was discovered here 3500 BC so pretty old.

We headed back down to the town along the path which was nice and then found alittle local restaurant to have something to eat. Berhnard and his friend Magna had opened up the That's Mad Restaurant not to long ago really friendly people and the food was great. It was getting late so we decided to walk back to the hotel for awhile to have a shower etc and then we would head back out into town for a drink.

We left about 6 and had a nice walk around town again, this place is a really pretty town theres a hell of lot of women here all the cafes and restaurants are full of them its quite interesting where are all the dudes, maybe they are all watching the football some where, not that im complaining with there being 20 girls in a place with 3 dudes.
We ended up back over at the That's Mad for a few beers, if you are in Ljubljana find this place just out of the square under the path to the castle, Bernard and Magna are so nice and will make you feel very welcome and also you will be supporting an owner operator which is always nice to do.

Had a few beers with them and ended up heading back into the main square at around 9 and hit the bar in there. We had quite a few drinks, beers first then into the Jack Daniels, we must of drunk a bit I spent about 80 bucks myself and Russell and Karen were buying just as many. The drinks here arent cheap so if you think your going to come here and get cheap piss your sadly mistaken, the food is reasonably priced but grog isnt, three drinks, 2 jd's and a rum coast us 21 euro so thats expensive in any country.

Sat there till after midnight jibberign on it was a great night with lots of good stories, In the end we had a local homeless artist dude join us, he was well dressed for a homeless guy, ok he said he was homeless well he sort of was but he had a squat in a nice place and he was very comfotable there. Again he could speak pretty good English, I havent come across anyone that hasnt been able to speak english yet so if your worried about coming ot Slovenia and if you will be able to commnicate with them dont let that put you off they all seem to understand English and it probably has to do with alot of their tv channels.

Alot of them are in English with subtitles, the first European country I have come across with this much tv in English and its great, to be able to just sit down put a movie on and relax is a nice change. Slovenia is creeping up on the friendliest European country ive been in so far, ive only been here a few days but if it keeps up at this rate it will go past Scotland for sure.

We headed on home, we were all pretty pissed by now so was a good night. Russell and Karen are a great couple and makes me miss Ev a little, she came up in conversation alot when i was talking, i do miss her, oh well that isnt going anywhere anytime soon, maybe after christmas but who knows where either of us will be then, time will tell.
Great day beautiful city and fantastic people, come to Ljubljana for a visit if you are around this parts you wont be disapointed its a beautiful little city.

Con the fruiterer makes a come back in Ljubljana markets

MMMM nice stall honey

Was this my first gypsy or just a bloody hippi

Overlooking Ljubljana from the castle

Bernard and Magna from the That's Mad Restaurant in Ljubljana.

Russell, Karen and me at the That's Mad Restaurant, Ljubljana Slovenia.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #666
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Had a really quiet morning other than have breakfast with Russell and Karen and relax which was nice. Had a walk around town while it wasnt raining, it was a pretty shitty day thats for sure winter is certainly here well if not here its on its way.

Later I caught up with Russell and Karen they were heading out to dinner but I decided to just have a quiet one and work out where I was heading. I was thinking of going to Bled in the north east of Slovenia, its only shortish ride from here but there's going to be moderate snow falls there in the next few days so that puts that out for now. I can still get to Hungary and the Lake and the palace/ castle at Keszthely which is about 300k's away. They have cloudy conditions up there tomorow which will be Thursday and about 10 degrees but then the weather cools right down so ill have to ride somewhere in less than 5 degrees celscuis on Friday ok thats not to bad.

I have to get out of that area of Hungary by Saturday as they are expecting blizzard conditions and below zero highs so either I get out of there or get used to it and settle in which id prefer not to do.

So my plan now is to go ahead of the front into Keszthely on the lake in Hungary then go down underneath the front then back up behind it and up to Bled and the lakes up there. All going to plan it should be ok if not a little cold. Monday and Tuesday in Bled are expected to be a high of 2 degree celcius so that will be coolish on the bike. It should be beautiful on the lake though with the snow and the clear skies, im looking forward to that.

I got all that sorted then ended up going out for dinner at 9, it was pissing down and pretty cold so just grabbed dinner and headed back to my room to veg out and watch a movie. It's really is nice to be able to put the tv on and watch it in English, those little creature comforts that you miss from home or in a country where you can just put the box on and relax in front of it, you can only watch so much CNN well about 30 minutes of it then its repeated over and over again and its all doom and gloom, im sick of hearing about Israel Palastine and Syria, fuck me dead how can they keep pumping that shit out on the news surely after a couple of thousand years of fighting each other people are getting bored of that rubbish, I know I certainly am.

I can see it now, CNN in the year 2498, rock fired into Israel from Gaza by sling shot get swift repsonse of 44000 killer drone bees, Syria's ruling family in fight with rebels for the 486th year.

When I got back I met another nice Australian couple Dennis and Shirley from Perth, I'm pretty sure i got their names right really nice people, here to buy a yacht in Italy and sail it over a number of years back to Australia, amazing talking to them about their upcoming adventure, when it all starts it will take them around the Medditerraen over to the America's Carribean then eventually across the Atlantic back to Austrlalia. Wow cool huh if you were a sailor anyway. Sounded amazing there certainly is some poeple out there doing some amazing adventures and its great to have the chance to bump into so many.

Sounds like the yacht he is buying is one pretty sweet peice of gear so that will always make it a little easier as hard as they will be doing it at times, buying a yacht worth 450 000 euro it will have all the creature comforts and so it should have if you are going to take on such an epic jounrney over so many years.

Said my goodnight to them and headed off to bed to blog have a chat with Ev on Skype and crash, an easy day but well needed after hitting the piss last night with Russell and Karen, I havent had a drink fo awhile before last night, I really should harden up a little and have a few, maybe one day when i become a real man.

Actually a pretty important part of the day was I tried to contact my little Logan again with no luck, he isnt talking to me anymore, hes probably a bit angry with me for being away for so long but with the constant negative shit he gets fed about me from his mother It looks like im in the dog box with him now which is a real shame.

Without being there to show him just how much I love him. It sort of sucks that I have to deal with that, it doesnt usually worry me cause if I went back to try and be part of Logans life she would still just make it difficult for me to see him, and id probably have to go through all the court bullshit again just to be able to be part of his life, so there is really no point in getting to worried about it.

It does cross my mind occassionally that i should be home being there for him but serioulsy it would be just a friggin nightmare. One day he will either understand why I did this trip or he wont either way like any problem, ill deal with it when it comes up and not waste any energy on something out of my control for now. Ill always love him wherever I am in the world thats for sure.

Saw this cafe this afternoon on my walk thought about Ev now whether is was Ev and Europe I was thinking of or Ev and rope you make up your mind I know what I was thinking ahahahahaha

Old 11-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #667
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Got up at 7:30 and started getting organised to go this morning, Keszthely was only 300k's to the north east and up the highway in this warmish weather it was always going to be ok and so it proved to be. I rugged right up with most of my warm gear just in case and was warm as toast, it was great, in saying that the weather in the next few days will be alot cooler I have no doubt. The front is heading this way so ill move back down underneath it and come up behind it into clear skies over Bled on Monday and Tuesday ok its a 700k ride to miss a cold front but meh im not doing anything else and ill get to see some new shit why im at it.

Russell and Karen headed off into the distance to their bis to Bled and the snow and cooler weather, what a great couple, I had a really nice time meeting up with them its always great when you meet good people.

Im jsut thinking about my little side trip hopefully I dont have to dive to far south to miss the cold front and also that the blizzard doesent come a day early or ill be fooked ahahahah then again it would be great to ride in a blizzard I have to say it has crossed my mind to stay and ride back in it, I know ill be dispointed I didnt when I head south again to go around it, look if I had knobbie tyres on my bike I would for sure but with the Michelen tourances on im a no hope to ride in a blizzard, who knows I might get my chance somewhere else in the world I am crossing Siberia and Alaska and Canada and goign to South America with luck so maybe ill have to meander out in a snow storm there sometime.

As im blogging this im starting to think maybe I should stay and ride back the 300k's in minus 6 mmmmm tempting, hey fuck you, shut up stop putting ideas in his head you little weirdo, dont you hate that little evil man that sits on your shoulder telling you to do crazy stuff, well its not really crazy but it would be a tough day for sure, 300 k's in a blizzard could be fun, but common sense should prevail ahahahaha it supposed to be 4 degrees tomorrow here so thats getting cold and then when I get back around to the back of the front it will be clear and a high of 2 so riding in that should test my mettle over the next few days rather than throwing a blizzard in there as well.

Arrived in Hungary you certainly know you have crossed the border Slovenia is like a mini Austria, hills lots of green grass with houses up on the hillside but its all in miniature of course, the green hills in Austria go right up into the clouds here they are only a few hundred feet high. The highways are great around here too so if you are just going to point A to point B its a breeze.

Arrived in Keszthely and found the hotel where im staying 30 euro a night really comfortable its certainly cheaper over here, having the gps maps makes it just so easy, I still think of Andrew the aussie guy that gave them to me back in Prague, I really dont know how I survived for so long with no maps no Gps it just makes it an absolute breeze. How I used to do it was id get on google maps the night beofre and just write all the villages I had to pass through so when you went through one you would head to the next one on the list, it always seemed to work plus I used to ride into town find a pub sit down and talk to someone and ask where is a good place to stop for the night.

In a way it makes it so much easier but you really do take out alot of people that you would have to interact with when you use them thats for sure. Maybe ill turn it off a few days and revert back to talking to people ahahahahaha yeah right buggalugs

Dumped my stuff in the room and headed off up into the main town to have a look at the palace castle whatever you want to call it, its pretty impressive but the sense i got was look at the rich dudes living in this joint and look at the riff raff down the road it still looks out of place nowadays let alone what it must of looked like when it was built. Had a walk around for awhile took a few pics then jumped on the bike to go for a ride around town and see if there was anything else to see around here. Started to get dark at 3:45 and then started to rain so headed from home arriving back there at just after 4:30 in the pitch black and raining.

Not a bad days riding rugged up and warm enough and still had a few things to put on which will definatly be going on tomorrow, hopefully it isnt snowing to bad as i try to g down under the front but if it does ill just make another left and head even further south I think if I went to Zagreb id go under it for sure but we will see.

Just occurred to me that this was a sign im not going to see every day

Ok smarty pants pronounce this town i just called it orgy, it fit I was in and out of it in 2 minutes

Keszthely Castle, Keszthely, Veszprem, Hungary.

I was walking around not even sure if it was open to the public there wasnt another soul around other than a few workers in the gardens

The main drag of Keszthely Hungary.

Just another nice building in Keszthely

Time to try out local Hungarian Cuisine

Old 11-29-2012, 03:16 PM   #668
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

ahahaha depends what you call to cold Bavaria, the bike still starts. A few more weeks of this as I criss cross down through Croatia, Serbia, Montenegro, and the other joints down there, then im heading to the Greek Islands. From there its across to southern Italy up to Rome along the coast of France to Spain then over to Morroco so im heading to warmer places soon, Ive just got to put up with it for a few more weeks, im planning my rides by the conditions though anything under zero im trying to avoid till then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian View Post
Still enjoying your RR - isn't it getting too cold?? We'll have snow tomorrow and it will be the last days I use the bike to get to my office.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #669
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Got up around 9 had a pretty good nights sleep the lake area around here isnt that nice the road runs a few hundred metres from the pretty non descript lake shore with long grass and some sort of cane grass lining the lake and blocking any real view up and down the lake. The beaches around here dont look they are out of any top tourists manual so im guessing unless there is some nicer places further up the lake it might be ok but you are certainly not coming to this end of the lake to go hang on a nice sandy beach.

Headed off at 10 and hit the road it was pretty cold the bikes computer had it at 2.5 degrees celcius so just on the border line of being cold with all my gear on. I was wearing on my bottom half, two pairs of thermal tights one that Ev had left, jeans, the wet weather pants again Ev had left and then on top of all of that my wet weather pants so 5 layers down there so comfortable about the only down side to that is its so restrictive wouldnt want to be going off road wearing all this shit.

On my top I had two thermal tops on a t-shirt my sloppy joe jumper, the thermal lining of my motorcycle jacket the wet weather lining as well and to top that off I had my new black jacket and then my motorcycle jacket on ahahahah friggin pussy if you are going to ride in around zero degrees you might as well put everything you have on, in the end Im glad i did as not long after I got going to the temperature dropped to zero and it started to rain a little so was a little suss on the roads bit nothing I was cool with it just slowed me up a little which isnt a bad thing with the wind chill factor making it even colder.

Was thinking of going to Zagreb but had a look at the weather there before I left this morning and the cold weather is certainly coming in now so I thought im just going to get back to Ljubljana and wait till my new visa card arrived. I was hoping to go stay there and then come back over in a few days but a predicted low of -10 in a few days sort of puts that idea out the window, ill just head back to the hotel I know and sit it out then head south as quick as I can. Look the weather isnt to much of a deal I rode for 4 hours today back to Slovenia and was ok, as you would be wearing all that stuff but you sort of know you are one of the very few idiots out there on a motorbike in these conditions.

Arrived back in Ljubljana about 2 and just got in my room and warmed up a bit, ok I was a bit cold but nothing like me and Ev were a few weeks back in Munich. Went down the road to get some money out of the bank before the last day of my card expired and when I put it in it came up transaction denied retaining your card, fook me that sucks lucky I got a few hundred out the other day.

My new card should be here in the next week or so I jusr have to be a bit of a tightarse which isnt that hard.
Anyway was worth the ride up stayed in a pretty nice place with friendly locals. The 300 room castle there looks so out of place even today, I guess some king must of liked this part of the lake in the old days but maybe he could of built a few of the locals a joint too. The old town section is small more of a mall than a plaza like in most other places and small towns ive been too in Europe. I would of liked to stay a few days but with a blizzard due to hit on Saturday it was time to get out of here otherwise looking at the weather ill be stuck here for a week.

I was told to take take the Bala something turn off to get down to the lake, Ok I was listening but come on now your just taking the piss Obviously I just headed towards BalaOrgy lol

Local house down the road from the 300 room Palace, hard to imagine how out of place a palace must of looked like in the good ol days when it was built if this is some of the houses around it today.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 12-04-2012 at 08:58 AM
Old 12-04-2012, 09:08 AM   #670
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

An interesting Friday night, local protests going on about the financial shit that is going on not only here in Slovenia but in most of Europe walked up and got a few photos, ive really got to work out how to upload videos on this site.I actually got in amoungst it, the water cannons missed me but the tear gas got me a little but pffft no biggie it was all pretty peaceful really, isnt the first rule of travel is not to get involved oh yeah right this just looked so much fun.

Bring it big boy you call that a baton

Old 12-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #671
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

I dont know how some guys get videos to show up on their pages in here but ive uploaded a few to youtube now so maybe when the internet is ok ill upload a few more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWP8L...ature=youtu.be

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 12-04-2012 at 11:21 AM
Old 12-04-2012, 11:48 AM   #672
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

What a great days riding and site seeing up and around the Bled region of Slovenia. I left it till today purposefully so to get the clear skies as with the crappy wet and snowing we have had in the last few days I thought it will be beautiful with all the snow and blue skies and I wasnt disapointed.

The weather here in the last two days has been cold and wet with snow so havent done anything except chill out and go for a few short walks around town. Didnt do anything bloggable is that even a word I guess these days it is.
The ride was cold it got down to -5 at one point so as you can imagine freezing my tits off but that was certainly overshadowed by the views and scenary I was seeing. Bled is only about 40 minutes from Ljubljana so not a long ride and I was pretty rugged up so all good. I dont need to jibber on to much about todays ride it was amazing some off road and at one stage I got off the bike to take a photo and nearly slipped over on the road so some really icy sections too, so much fun. I sort of wish I had the knobbies big time going off the road with these tyres im asking for trouble and eventually ill find it but oh well shit happens.

Came back and went down into the main square to watch the turning on of the christmas lights which was pretty nice, got to get into the Christmas spirit dont you now.

Enjoy the photos

Heading up into the hills towards Bled north east Slovenia

The lake at Bled and the castle on the hill

Silly bugger fell off his bike

Heading further up into the hills its starting to get a tad brisk ok down to -5 so nothing to whinge about

Over a few bridges further up into the hills

And there was the lake I was looking for

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 12-04-2012 at 02:04 PM
Old 12-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #673
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Ok this is all very nice princess but lets find some more fun

All roads lead to somewhere

Got off to take a picture and nearly slipped over so was getting a little slippery but all good

Roads got narrower and narrower so fun couldnt be to far away

End of the road baby time to get jiggy with it 3pm so and hour and a half of light left so why not hit the trails.

Got to love that feeling of vulnerability when your out in the hills by yourself,you have a stack out here its a challenge to get back to help, the amount of clothes I had on Id probably be right and its not as if i'm going to run out of water, plus then who would have the last laugh on all the maccas ive eaten lol

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 12-04-2012 at 02:06 PM
Old 12-04-2012, 01:59 PM   #674
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

I thought it was snowing and cold the other day this is past that its really nice now even if it means its another day in Ljubljana

Had a walk around beautiful Ljubljana and this picture i took tonight is how I pictured Christmas time all my life not sitting by a pool having a bbq in 35 degrees celcius so its really nice to be around here now.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #675
bavarian
bavarian

You keep amazing me. If there is something I hate on the bike it's ice or what looks like ice. Usually you know it only after the fact. My hat's off to you to continue riding in these conditions.
Still enjoying your report very much!