Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2012, 04:25 AM   #11
ThatCameraKid OP
Inside Man

Oddometer: 64
Ha, that's a great question!

Ohlins have a pretty good support level on Dakar, but more importantly the equipment they offered was far and above what the team could reach for price point wise. The equipment is as good if not better than anything else, but they also helped him with settings straight from the factory based on their experiences with David Casteu.

Simon's support is carrying all the spares they need for the race too (one full set of Ohlins suspension and the standard) so that won't be an issue.

I've ridden it a lot now, the suspension has made that bike go from wallowing whale to a weapon, it's mega! Plus there steering damper is THE best in the world.

As to why I didn't get accepted, well I don't really understand it. They said the level was too high, my experience wasn't high enough, but many riders who are relative beginners were accepted and many other good riders around the world were rejected.I don't know the real reason, or if there is a reason.

But that Ohlins, DAMN.