ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #91
tommykaw
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Oddometer: 240
do they make a centerstand for the 2001 Duke 2??

Does anyone know if they make a centerstand for a 2001 Duke 2? thanks guys Tom
tommykaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:55 PM   #92
necrid
Adventurer
 
necrid's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: bahston
Oddometer: 42
bringing an old thread back to life, I sold my v-strom and bought a '96 Duke this weekend. This is going to be my daily commuter for increasing hooliganism and making the work commute much more fun. So far, been through 3 tank fulls (all 9 gallons, ha!) and loving every minute of this bike. Previous owner put Dunlop Sportmax Q2 tires on it, which I'm not such a fan of, especially on wet roads full of fallen leaves. I plan to ride this until it dies, or I die, whichever comes first.

Next up is to look for a proper dual-sport bike for dirt/street long-haul adv riding.


__________________
faster faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death

1996 KTM Duke #292
necrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #93
Thumper996
Studly Adventurer
 
Thumper996's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Oddometer: 590
Nice Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrid View Post
bringing an old thread back to life, I sold my v-strom and bought a '96 Duke this weekend. This is going to be my daily commuter for increasing hooliganism and making the work commute much more fun. So far, been through 3 tank fulls (all 9 gallons, ha!) and loving every minute of this bike. Previous owner put Dunlop Sportmax Q2 tires on it, which I'm not such a fan of, especially on wet roads full of fallen leaves. I plan to ride this until it dies, or I die, whichever comes first.

Next up is to look for a proper dual-sport bike for dirt/street long-haul adv riding.


Thumper996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:21 AM   #94
xj9140
Adventurer
 
xj9140's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Northern CA
Oddometer: 40
mine
xj9140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #95
palinka
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Oddometer: 134
A 2000 Duke II showed up localy for sale. Cheap.
What should I look for on these bikes? I've always wanted a supermoto, but know nothing about this bike.
What's the service interval?
Any weaknesses/strenghts?
palinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #96
Jdan05
Jdan
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: Ride or Die
Oddometer: 3
hey guys i need help with mine... i just had an accident yesterday with my 01 duke ii and need some advice to fix it... im about to upload some pics so you can see it and help me with it
__________________
Dj Jdan
Jdan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #97
Jdan05
Jdan
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: Ride or Die
Oddometer: 3



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
__________________
Dj Jdan
Jdan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:52 PM   #98
Jdan05
Jdan
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: Ride or Die
Oddometer: 3
__________________
Dj Jdan
Jdan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:11 AM   #99
AJ..
Beastly Adventurer
 
AJ..'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Singapore
Oddometer: 1,457
People just no longer love this bike...

I just got a duke 1 and well....here she is...




Got it stock only with the Braking flower rotor...

added FCR39 from a DRZsm and TKC and also polisport headlite...
__________________
HONDA XRV750-02,XL1000V(project)(woot-woot)BMW R1100GS-'98()
KTM640ADV,KTM620DUKE projected()VF750C-96(project tracker)
(Hyundai Tucson-(For Family)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/AJs-fr...7491373?v=wall
AJ.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:19 PM   #100
iamBazzy
n00b
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Oddometer: 9
I guess i'll contribute, this is my Duke II.. Some parts are original

iamBazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #101
AJ..
Beastly Adventurer
 
AJ..'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Singapore
Oddometer: 1,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamBazzy View Post
I guess i'll contribute, this is my Duke II.. Some parts are original

I did follow abit of your work on some streetfighter forum....and was inspired to do a light tracker on this duke of mine....bought an SR125 tank,but the radiator hassle got me so lazy that I gave up the idea...
So,the question,what's your plan on the radiator?
__________________
HONDA XRV750-02,XL1000V(project)(woot-woot)BMW R1100GS-'98()
KTM640ADV,KTM620DUKE projected()VF750C-96(project tracker)
(Hyundai Tucson-(For Family)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/AJs-fr...7491373?v=wall
AJ.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:09 PM   #102
iamBazzy
n00b
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ.. View Post
I did follow abit of your work on some streetfighter forum....and was inspired to do a light tracker on this duke of mine....bought an SR125 tank,but the radiator hassle got me so lazy that I gave up the idea...
So,the question,what's your plan on the radiator?
Working on that now. I have drawn up the mount but have yet to make it. So i'm using an 03-05 SV650 radiator, but it will need to be modified a bit. It will be mounted in front of the motor, above the headers.
iamBazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:17 PM   #103
AJ..
Beastly Adventurer
 
AJ..'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Singapore
Oddometer: 1,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamBazzy View Post
Working on that now. I have drawn up the mount but have yet to make it. So i'm using an 03-05 SV650 radiator, but it will need to be modified a bit. It will be mounted in front of the motor, above the headers.


Yeah i thought of using a front centre rad too...but havent figure out which hoses goes where....
Wekl..that was before the lates setup done...now,I prolly leave it as it is for awhile...
__________________
HONDA XRV750-02,XL1000V(project)(woot-woot)BMW R1100GS-'98()
KTM640ADV,KTM620DUKE projected()VF750C-96(project tracker)
(Hyundai Tucson-(For Family)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/AJs-fr...7491373?v=wall
AJ.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:40 AM   #104
exiledinaus
Get off my land!!!
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Oxford, UK
Oddometer: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ.. View Post
People just no longer love this bike...

I just got a duke 1 and well....here she is...




Got it stock only with the Braking flower rotor...

added FCR39 from a DRZsm and TKC and also polisport headlite...
That's a very sweet Duke... I love the TKCs, they completely change the look... Ihave been looking for a new headlight for my Duke 1 as I think the stock twin lights make it look too 'heavy'... what model Polisport is that please?
exiledinaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:13 AM   #105
AJ..
Beastly Adventurer
 
AJ..'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Singapore
Oddometer: 1,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledinaus View Post
That's a very sweet Duke... I love the TKCs, they completely change the look... Ihave been looking for a new headlight for my Duke 1 as I think the stock twin lights make it look too 'heavy'... what model Polisport is that please?

Yeah i thought so too...not really sure what model..if you just google polisport headlight,you can see the exact one.
__________________
HONDA XRV750-02,XL1000V(project)(woot-woot)BMW R1100GS-'98()
KTM640ADV,KTM620DUKE projected()VF750C-96(project tracker)
(Hyundai Tucson-(For Family)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/AJs-fr...7491373?v=wall
AJ.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014