Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
Old 12-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #33
Hayduke
///SAFETY THIRD///

Oddometer: 43,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Man View Post
That is awesome! Congrats! Can't wait to follow from here.

Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #34
Mike The Swede
Mike, The Swede

Oddometer: 47
Rally Raid Sweden

The Swedes will be there again, 10-12 riders something, with some really good and talented riders. Calle Hagenblad, 2:nd in 2011, will for sure aim for the podium again.

My brother Åmme and myself will not make the Tuareg in 2013 as we are heading for Rally Mongolia in August.

Mike The Swede screwed with this post 12-05-2012 at 01:04 PM
Mike The Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:42 AM   #35
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,368
I'm going to throw my hat into the ring too... all being well with the new race bike, this should be the first 'shake-down' event we compete in next season...

I'll be going with Torque Racing Services (Martin Wittering & Donna Gray) from the UK who are providing support and assistance - they already have a number of riders going, but can always accommodate others who are looking for a comprehensive support package - plus there is currently a special offer of training and pre-event 'scrutineering' should you require any further incentive!

http://www.torqueracing.net/calendar...-support-2013/

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:00 AM   #36
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo (& piglet) View Post
I'm going to throw my hat into the ring too... all being well with the new race bike, this should be the first 'shake-down' event we compete in next season...

I'll be going with Torque Racing Services (Martin Wittering & Donna Gray) from the UK who are providing support and assistance - they already have a number of riders going, but can always accommodate others who are looking for a comprehensive support package - plus there is currently a special offer of training and pre-event 'scrutineering' should you require any further incentive!

Jx
Good luck Jenny

Martin is a great guy and a VERY experienced mechanic

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:22 AM   #37
DaveRMS
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,080
Quote:

Jx
Our friend ktmJOE's bike is already in Europe and he's racing with Torque as well, then shipping home in the RMS container.

See y'all there.

Dave
DaveRMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #38
xradipo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Quote:

Jx
New race bike?
Which bike have you choose?
Keep up informed
X.
xradipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #39
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by xradipo View Post
New race bike?
Which bike have you choose?
Keep up informed
X.

+1...Hi Jenny, so whats all this news about "we" and "new bike".....

Old 12-07-2012, 01:16 AM   #40
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
+1...Hi Jenny, so whats all this news about "we" and "new bike".....

Hee hee - let's get all the hoo-ha of Dakar 2013 out of the way, then hopefully I will have a project to keep you all entertained right up until (and including) Dakar 2014...

The details are coming together over the next few weeks, and all being well - I will be able to launch the new campaign right after the finish of Dakar in January... I think it is really going to appeal to everyone here on ADV, for so many reasons!

Sorry to sound so cryptic, but we don't want to get ahead of ourselves until the new bike is up and running...

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #41
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Quote:
Hee hee - let's get all the hoo-ha of Dakar 2013 out of the way, then hopefully I will have a project to keep you all entertained right up until (and including) Dakar 2014...

The details are coming together over the next few weeks, and all being well - I will be able to launch the new campaign right after the finish of Dakar in January... I think it is really going to appeal to everyone here on ADV, for so many reasons!

Sorry to sound so cryptic, but we don't want to get ahead of ourselves until the new bike is up and running...

Jx

Jenny

Old 12-08-2012, 09:11 AM   #42
Renazco
Formerly AKA Boejangles

Oddometer: 4,748
Hopefully I can make one of these before I'm too crippled to ride anymore, this rally looks awesome!
We're finishing off some neat rally seats for riders, its always a pleasure supporting.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #43
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,530
Old 12-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #44
lastplace
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 891
Howdy everyone!

I'm really looking forward to this one! My first rally was the El Chott in Tunisia in 2002, so it will be really nice to return to that country after 11 years. My plan for the Tuareg is just to have some fun with none of the stress of a competitive Dakar effort, and to meet new friends and hang out with old ones.

Also, I'm trying to spend very little money on this. About a year ago, Sid Milton (our Dakar team's mechanic from the UK) and I decided that we'd enter the Tuareg 2013. Originally, we were thinking of riding bikes from the UK to Tunisia and using the organization to carry our spares. But, 2 little kids and a wife put the kaybash on spending that much time away. Then Dave from RMS stepped in and began to organize a team, mostly from the USA, but using Sid's UK-based vehicles. I'm helping a bit with logistics, but it is nice to have Dave taking the lead on most of the preparations. All I need to do is prep my bike and put it in a container in Oakland on December 20. If all goes well, it will be in Tunisia waiting for me when I fly there in March.

I really want the old-school primal rally experience, so I've decided to work on my own bike and stay in a tent next to it. Even though they are available, there will be no hotels or mechanics for me. It will be nice to focus solely on the bike, the roadbook and myself for the whole week.

Over the years, I've owned plenty of cool rally bikes from a KTM660RFR to our custom-built KTM 525s, to new 690RFRs with a few factory (and our own) special tricks. All of them eventually got sold to pay of the credit cards that financed them. So, I've settled on a good old 2003 Honda XR650R as my rally bike. I have 2 of them in the garage and have owned 4 over the years. I know these bikes well and feel comfortable on them. Not the fastest or most nimble bike in the rally for sure, but simple and easy for me. No big rally fairings either, just some universal rally clamps, an ico, and a F2R roadbook reader from RMS. Other than doing some maintenance that should have been done years ago, my rally-specific prep for this bike will take about an hour.

Since shipping to Europe by container takes over a month, those of us in the USA are just finishing prepping our bikes now. Here's a photo of my cramped garage with 2 XRs. I'm planning to take the one in the background. For your amusement, I'll post some more photos showing the bike as it gets closer to ready.

fun fun
Charlie
Attached Images

lastplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #45
drc42
Rally Dreamer

Oddometer: 1,819
Charlie,

Still bummed I had to pull out of this one but looking forward to hearing all about it. Have fun showing all those Europeans how to ride fast in the desert!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2