Originally Posted by rider1150gsadv View Post
Happy Thanksgiving all!!

Right back atcha!!!
Ginger Beard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:41 PM   #5057
Kyle B
"Dirty Jobs"

Oddometer: 703
Thinking about heading to the East side.

Any of you guys doing a big bike ride this coming weekend. I'd like to get the GS out on some trails.
Kyle B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:30 AM   #5058
Ginger Beard
I have no soul

Oddometer: 6,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post
Any of you guys doing a big bike ride this coming weekend. I'd like to get the GS out on some trails.

A small group of us are headed to Croom for the weekend so I won't be around. How far do you want to ride? Richloam is right down the street from Croom and you are always welcome to join us around the camp fire for a beverage.
Ginger Beard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:48 AM   #5059
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post

Can ya do Friday? Loop road and the Miami canal roads? Won't be as challenging as the last mess we got into but still fun to ride!!! I might be able to go Saturday but it would have to be early, having wedding to be at Saturday late afternoon in Key Largo.
FLARider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #5060
coconuttele
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Card Sound Roads

Just moved to Homestead, and was wondering about all the trails and roads out on Card Sound, any of you south florida guys spend much time out there? Is there a non-legal side to it? See alot of atvs and dirtbikes up and down the main roads heading toward some of the dirt and gravel out here.
coconuttele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #5061
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconuttele View Post
Just moved to Homestead, and was wondering about all the trails and roads out on Card Sound, any of you south florida guys spend much time out there? Is there a non-legal side to it? See alot of atvs and dirtbikes up and down the main roads heading toward some of the dirt and gravel out here.
Speaking solely on the area south of Palm Drive and between Tennessee road and the power plant:
The roads/trails out there are planned roads but never opened/improved. Not really a non-street legal side, although, like you said, lots of ATVs and dirt bikes ride the area. Pressure from the LEOs is hit and miss, but they do stop riders when they patrol. Once they figure out you are on a street legal dual sport they leave you alone. Pay attention to the signs and stay off the FPL property, I work for them and don't have permission to ride on company property!! I ride out there occassionally, its fun riding, but lots of stuff gets dumped out there and I have picked up a few nails. The trails are generally pretty good for riding but can have some thick mud and water in places. On the GSA I tend to shy away from the mud it if seems deep or badly rutted, especially since I am usually riding alone. For a loop on the way home sometimes I like to head straight down 137th Ave, which is the main road south of the racetrack, lots of dips and holes to ride through and/or dodge, ride it down to Card Sound road, then head to Alabama Jacks to blast though the couple of turns and then back up to Homestead on Card Sound road. Its a good place to keep up skills on riding on gravel. When its been raining you will find many big water and mud holes!!! As you can see on google earth there are many interconnecting roads out there, sometimes you can get all the way through, sometimes not. Be careful how deep you go because you can end on a one track with water on either side and a tough turn around!!!!! Don't trust the trail to keep going if you see it start to disappear.

I am working long hours right now, so time to ride is hit and miss. If you plan to cruise around out there send me a PM and if I can I will join along.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:43 AM   #5062
Kyle B
"Dirty Jobs"

Oddometer: 703
Canal roads

Andy, I'm working Friday all day, but an early ride Saturday would work for me. I'd like to ride some of the stuff that you are familiar with over there, as I don't know any of it. I've heard a lot about the trails along the levees too.
You still have my # right? Send me a text for a meeting place and time. We can meet for breakfast, if you'd like. Street tires, or knobs? 239-216-205O
Kyle B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:21 AM   #5063
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer

Kyle B and I are going to meet up next Saturday at Holiday Park at 0900, be outta there by 0915 and then run the levy roads to Clewiston for lunch at the Tiki Bar. Head south from there and down through the reservation and then either head down to loop road or run the levies again back into Holeyland. Loop road would be fun, stop at the Junk Collector on the east end for a break. But its a lot of blacktop to get from Snake road down to loop road, so I am still on the fence about that part of the ride.

Anybody else wanna go? Let me know!!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:07 AM   #5064
DandM
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 672
http://www.menupal.net/usertabpage.a...odeforweb=4533

Drove by this place a bazillion times. Finally stopped in on Tuesday the 4th. Glad we did!
Do it...
DandM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:33 AM   #5065
sanpau
Love to Ride

Oddometer: 698
Happy Holidays!

Hope everyone is getting their shopping done......It looks like it... traffic wise here in Sunrise.....

80 degrees today...geezzzzz.....hoping for some cooler weather soon!!!!

Ride safe this Holiday Season and have your eyes open......lots of text-ters!!!!!!
sanpau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:04 AM   #5066
coconuttele
Adventurer

KTM Help

Any of you south guys riding a 07ish ktm 990? Looking to pull the instrument cluster off to test on my bike to eliminate a speedo/odo problem. Any help or knowledge of this failure would be great.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:14 AM   #5067
Fener6
The Container Man

Oddometer: 246
MX Tracks

I was recently told by a local shop that many mx tracks around my area (palm beach county) have been closed down . I was under the impression that there were more a few options within an 1 hour of here.

Are they right? Coming from DC where most mx tracks are 2 hours away I was excited to start riding here...so whats the deal?

If not on my bike, you can find me managing Steel Containers For Sale and Bahamas Fishing Charters
Fener6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #5068
coconuttele
Adventurer

anbody riding tomarrow, got an unexpected day off
Old 12-22-2012, 01:22 PM   #5069
beaterktm
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fener6 View Post
I was recently told by a local shop that many mx tracks around my area (palm beach county) have been closed down . I was under the impression that there were more a few options within an 1 hour of here.

Are they right? Coming from DC where most mx tracks are 2 hours away I was excited to start riding here...so whats the deal?
L cross and thundercross are one hr from palm bch.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #5070
Fener6
The Container Man

Oddometer: 246
Thanks. I'll check them out

If not on my bike, you can find me managing Steel Containers For Sale and Bahamas Fishing Charters
Fener6 is offline   Reply With Quote