Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 07:12 AM   #286
Spyker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 186
This is my 1100GS after it burnt out at the office. I really miss this bike..

Spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:50 AM   #287
CHAPIN
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 166
Fire!!!

After looking at those pivtures I'm affraid to ride my bike, it will catch fire!

Hector
Old 11-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #288
hillbillypolack
Grumpy Old Goat

Oddometer: 5,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPIN View Post
After looking at those pivtures I'm affraid to ride my bike, it will catch fire!

Don't be afraid. Moosemeat can fix it.

I think . . . . . . . .

LOLZ

1996 M900, "Patience" 2012 GS "Sonar" 2008 Megamoto "Big Blue" 2008 S2R "WTF"
hillbillypolack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #289
GS-Jake
Live to Ride Adventurer

Oddometer: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillypolack View Post
Don't be afraid. Moosemeat can fix it.

I think . . . . . . . .

LOLZ

Off course he can. It may look like a reject from a Ducati parts bin and it will have to sit in your lounge room and you will have a huge number of forum followers but it will be fixed, sort of, as long as your happy not to ride it again for a long time. or you could buy a Ducati in the first place and be happy
I just do what the voices tell me
GS-Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:40 PM   #290
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS-Jake View Post
Off course he can. It may look like a reject from a Ducati parts bin and it will have to sit in your lounge room and you will have a huge number of forum followers but it will be fixed, sort of, as long as your happy not to ride it again for a long time. or you could buy a Ducati in the first place and be happy
and don't forget the angry chinese mob following you trying to cut off your balls for fckn' them over

Just kidding of course

How is this thread still in Oilhead Boxers and not in Yo Momma ?
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post

Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:08 PM   #291
GS-Jake
Live to Ride Adventurer

Oddometer: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPIN View Post

Hector
Don't worry, unless its a HP2 then of course it could catch fire at any time as this thread proves. But you will always get a good price for it even burnt out, $550 USD or $150 AUS (I think thats the exchange rate at present)
I just do what the voices tell me
GS-Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #292
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,308
I had forgotten all about this thread until just now... Hmmmm...

Whether or not it ever runs wasn't my original point way back when in this thread. My original point was, that in my opinion, a smart guy would address the mechanicals first, and then, once that was all sorted, move on to the cosmetics. Instead, he chose to invest a ton of time, money, and energy in making a very cool looking piece of garage art, and THEN trying to get it running. Then of course there was the smart ass attitude that he's copped with most people in this thread. I mean, I can run out in the garage, start any of my bikes, take a quick video clip on my phone and post it here quicker than I can type this post. Why is it that a guy that can rebuild a burned out heap into a very nice looking bike, can't manage to do that in over 4 months???? I mean, from what I read in this thread, I understood that he had it running back in August, but was just too busy with school... I still smell

I really hate to say, because I'm a generally nice guy, and I'd hate to see anyone fail after putting this much work into a project, but with his juvenile attitude and the rude comments he's made to members that asked legitimate questions and or made suggestions, I almost hope... Well, I won't go there... Still waiting....
"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #293
bikecat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,107
A vid of the bike running will be legendary .. like ....

and

bikecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #294
slartidbartfast
Love those blue pipes

Oddometer: 4,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikecat View Post
A vid of the bike running will be legendary .. like ....
Not quite - but I get your point. Honestly, it should not be that difficult - in fact, having once established that it had compression, the rest is just buying parts that would obviously have been damamged by the conflgration. He already replaced everything except the motronic I thought. At this point, stopping short of spending that additional (however much) would be silly.

I hope Moose is too busy out riding it to tell us how great it runs but you'd think by now he would have posted SOMETHING! I know I couldn't stop short at the 95% mark.

Personally, I would have put carbs, a standalone electronic ignition with a home made wiring harness on it and had it on the road for under $3000
Summer 2008 UK End-to-End ride
slartidbartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:10 AM   #295
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,796
The OP hasn't posted here in three months but for some reason there's still a viral vigilantism going on that keeps the thread alive

Do people really carry a grudge that badly?
Old 12-07-2012, 05:56 AM   #296
Timthai
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Alexander View Post
The OP hasn't posted here in three months but for some reason there's still a viral vigilantism going on that keeps the thread alive

Of course... This is the Internet... Time has no bounds!

The OP was looking for validation, and got some "constructive" feedback, which he clearly took to heart... But despite all that, I think that every time the thread pops up again, everyone has been hoping for the much anticipated video... No video just invites more discussion on its absence.

Where's the freakin' video!!!
2011 Multistrada (gone to heaven RIP)
2010 Vulcan 900
Timthai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #297
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Oddometer: 579
Quote:

It's a celebrated (cyber-rated actually) event on the forum, and because of the controversies it has retained life. This is natural and understandable. I have friends who don't give a shit about GSs or HP2s that read this thread. I started out quite neutral but have become a skeptic myself, mostly because of the weird give and take of this thread.

I hope Moose, that you get this thing to make some smoke (the good kind) but I am starting to have doubts myself. Anyway, if the exercise was about reviving a moribund HP2 on a sensible budget, that moment has long passed.

Now it's really about closure but that aside, this thing has been the serial version of Battlestar Galactica for some of the inmates here, and who really doesn't want to know how it will end? I know I'm hooked.

Pampero screwed with this post 12-07-2012 at 10:46 AM
Pampero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:18 PM   #298
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,796
There's the attitude I'm questioning .... people seem to have a vested interest in proving him wrong because of his way of delivery.

Kind of like people who gather around to stare at an accident scene ... kind of morbid
Old 12-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #299
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 16,033
Yes Dan, I concur.

Although I probably would have put it differently.

I would have said "damn, what a bunch of assholes!"
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:28 PM   #300
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Oddometer: 579
Quote:
There's the attitude I'm questioning .... people seem to have a vested interest in proving him wrong because of his way of delivery.

Kind of like people who gather around to stare at an accident scene ... kind of morbid
Nonsense. It's a conversation on the internet that became a curiosity among people who ride, build or repair motorcycles mostly for pleasure. Skeptics have questioned the sensibility of the project, others have looked on with a mix of amusement or bemusement. You're just as invested as the naysayers, you just feel the criticism is overblown and now you are responding in the same way but in defense of the project.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
Yes Dan, I concur.

Although I probably would have put it differently.

I would have said "damn, what a bunch of assholes!"
A perfect example of the type of comment that gives this thread legs.
Pampero is offline   Reply With Quote