User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #1321
bungie4
Frostback

Oddometer: 465
Dammit!

I just ordered a Richochet skid plate, had I had known, I would've ordered both the skidplate and rad guard from a bunch of good Cdn boys.

Oh well. Order coming for a rad guard!

2013 FJR1300, 2004 FJR1300, 2013 CRF250L
I have a job, I explore, I follow every little whiff.
On/Offroad help when you need it - http://www.assistancelist.com
bungie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:54 PM   #1322
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,968
B & B from OZ has a skid plate and rear rack
http://www.bboffroad.com.au/crf_250l_2013+.htm
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:42 PM   #1323
clfarren5944
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Bought myself a 250L yesterday for a 70th birthday present. Dual sport bikes are my favorite rides, many thousands of miles on KLR's, XR650L, 450EXC, and the DR650 that I still have. I feel the Honda is a fun bike if one accepts what it is and isn't. My KTM was magic, but way overkill for dual sport riding. I tend to build a bike in to exactly what I want than sell it!
Only mods so far are hookups for heated gear. Eventually, higher bars to make standing more comfy.
Now, to sell my new Harley. Another bad decision!

Chris
clfarren5944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:46 PM   #1324
creamcheese
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Bracket

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFSoCal View Post
Which mount for the drc did you order? Also do you have anymore pics?
The mounting bracket is the same as we use for the DRZ400 Edge kit. Just added two 8mm holes in the bracket,two 8mm bolts,two aluminum spacers and the 12 O'clock Labs controller.
Fg

http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/s.../24/1400.shtml
creamcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #1325
Just Bob
Been There Done That

Oddometer: 257
Happy birthday ya old fart (from another old fart).
Old 12-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #1326
ramz
Professional Trail Rider

Oddometer: 1,979
Quote:
What length is the stock lever from the centerline of the shaft to the centerline of the folding tip, and the offset from the centerline of the pinchbolt to the inside surface of the shifter that faces the alternator
Stock CRF250L lever

from the centerline of the shaft to the centerline of the folding tip - 4 1/2 inches

offset from the centerline of the pinchbolt to the inside surface of the shifter that faces the alternator - 2 inches

Crude trace:

ramz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #1327
Guerillah
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Took the charcoal canister off, it's pretty lightweight (probably only weighs about a pound). Only 1 vacuum line needs plugged (connects to the throttle body) , and an inline filter should be added to the vent from the tank so nothing can get in there. The rest of the lines can be removed. I removed the solenoid from the canister and mounted it to one of the holes where the canister bracket was previously attached so the ECU wouldn't freak out. Not much in weight savings unfortunately but I won't have to deal with any issues that may arise because of it.
Guerillah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:46 PM   #1328
Unclejimmy1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by clfarren5944 View Post
Bought myself a 250L yesterday for a 70th birthday present. Dual sport bikes are my favorite rides, many thousands of miles on KLR's, XR650L, 450EXC, and the DR650 that I still have. I feel the Honda is a fun bike if one accepts what it is and isn't. My KTM was magic, but way overkill for dual sport riding. I tend to build a bike in to exactly what I want than sell it!
Only mods so far are hookups for heated gear. Eventually, higher bars to make standing more comfy.
Now, to sell my new Harley. Another bad decision!

Chris
I am nearly 70 ,and I bought the crf250l about 2 months ago,,,,,love it, I have installed GPS,,Acrebsis bar protectors, richeches SP. bash plate. . 2 stage heatroller for vest and gloves,,,and a givi top case,,,,on a cycleracks rack, next mod will be seat concepts seat,,,and maybe a 13 tooth sprocket.. And a holder for a SPOT.
This bikes real fun, and does everything well,,,, wanted a wr250 r,,, but the price and dependability factor ,influenced me to pull the trigger on the MOUNTAIN GOAT....it's hard to beat a Honda.......
Unclejimmy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:55 AM   #1329
Creekgeek
Custom Sarcasm Dir.

Oddometer: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalGuru View Post
I wasn't mad, just stirrin things up. It was kinds died, gotta have some fun. BTW, it's Mental, get it right...
my spelling is bad
I'm mentally challenged
glad you were not mad

Creekgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #1330
NC Rick
Cogent Dynamics Inc

Oddometer: 613
More CRF 230L suspension

Thank you for the nice comments folks! Byron, thank you for your comments as well as your business! We think that the new CRF shock is a good option as it is right up the center of our expertise here at Cogent. Byron's shock is a 1 off custom but was built based off of a comprehensive analysis of the OEM shock, wheel rates and our customers needs and experience. We are very selective about how we setup a shock and beyond the calculations and design consideration, customers preferences and perceptions of the suspension performance is foremost in our design criteria. I know that for me, I need to spend time with a setup, not just through differing lading and terrain but even through different moods that I may have before I am willing to accept my own satisfaction. If a good level of interest develops, we would be interested in doing some kind of group buy with special incentives for the participants. We would want to be sure to get good feedback from the participants and assure that each customer is fully satisfied with their personal setups. With that accomplished, Cogent Dynamics would add the CRF shock as a standard product. The list price for one of these standards would be $625, $30 more than the Moab shock with the same features. Once the production numbers became inline with the Moab, the pricing would technically be the same. Unfortunately, with the cost of our parts (all made in the USA by motorcycle enthusiasts) the Moab is likely to see a price hike anyhow since it has been at the same price for about 5 years.

The OEM rear shock is revalvable and rebuildable but is not really designed to be so, causing some compromises in doing so (namely the addition of a fill port and the crimped in separator piston). Having said that, fitting a new spring to the OEM shock is something we can do with no trouble. Revalving the shock is no real problem at about $200. Once we start talking about adding a rebound adjuster (much as we do to the DR650 shocks) I feel it is more cost effective to replace the shock as a unit since with revalve, rebound adjuster and a new spring would total over $500 with parts and labor.

I appreciate all of your comments.
NC Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:41 PM   #1331
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramz View Post
Stock CRF250L lever

from the centerline of the shaft to the centerline of the folding tip - 4 1/2 inches

offset from the centerline of the pinchbolt to the inside surface of the shifter that faces the alternator - 2 inches

Crude trace:

The XR400R folding shifter are 5 5/8 and 1 5/8 respectively....the 1 5/8 could easily be stretched to 2"...5 5/8 might be nice if you have big feet
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:17 AM   #1332
koh kood
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
Tankbag magnetic

Could someone recommend a magnetic tank bag? I really don't want the strap on type.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:49 AM   #1333
Bob80
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by koh kood View Post
Could someone recommend a magnetic tank bag? I really don't want the strap on type.

works good for my needs,originally bought for my cruiser, but seems to fit the CRF tank pretty well also: http://www.joerocket.com/catalog/ind...Manta_Tank_Bag
Bob80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #1334
Willard
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by koh kood View Post
See Post 905.
Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #1335
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond

Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard View Post
FirstGear Silverstone Magnetic Tank Bag II

Works perfect.
Here's the post...
MentalGuru is offline   Reply With Quote