ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2012, 10:00 AM   #16
AtomicXRer
Chile Eater

Oddometer: 3,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFreak View Post
Confusing, thought I was already in for this.
Nope. You've got a bad reputation.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #17
AKASY
Noob

Oddometer: 2,166
email

sent you an email

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFreak View Post
Confusing, thought I was already in for this.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:04 PM   #18
gregdee
Motocampist

Oddometer: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by skerry00 View Post

Wzl - Trail planning is still going forward. We'll have a few new reroutes opening this spring/early summer plus we'll be building a new trail on the Tunnel side starting in April. I'll post up when the dates are confirmed, will be a really sweet trail with lots of ledges and a few cliff side riding sections. Good on two wheels!!

Thanks,

Kerry Wood
Trails Manager - Sandia RD
Good stuff so far Kerry. I can't ride MTB's right now due to a back issue that prevents me from pedaling but my right wrist still works. Just road the Coyote Cutover, or whatever it was called, on my wife's KLX140L this evening and wow, that was some techy stuff! You keep building 'em like that and you will have quite the support team behind. Nice work man.
gregdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #19
burque magoo
master of disaster....

Oddometer: 5,195
i rode the coyote trail with Kerry today, and was totally impressed! nice singletrack (helps to have a guide that knows the area).....thanks for the tour, Kerry!

burque magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #20
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,816
Little bit of good news for a change...

DualSpaz and I rode some Cedro trails today...about 40 miles worth. We rode the new Coyote Split trail and the re-routed and lengthened Delbert's trail as well. These trails are amazing!! I can't thank Kerry Wood and the volunteers who helped build these trails enough! They have good flow but remained technical and challenging. The re-routes of Lower Mohagany and Poker Chip are awesome as well! Rare to see re-routes actually be better than the original trail. Great to see the trails built in a way that leads one trail to the next with minimal roads as well. All trails were very well marked with trail name and number at the beginning and end of each trail and with barriers to limit trail to ATV width trail or motorcycle width. Just wish we could see this kind of improvements on other trail systems in NM.

Just wanted to recognize and give a big thanks to Kerry and all the volunteers who put in the efforts to make these improvements. It's seems rare these days that we get to say anything positive about motorcycle trails. Great work!!

Old 11-26-2012, 10:11 PM   #21
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,528
Quote:
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 3,844

Little bit of good news for a change...

DualSpaz and I rode some Cedro trails today...about 40 miles worth.
Damn, I must have ridden near you and just missed you. But then I was on a KLR, so you know.

I would be down to assist with trail work, whatever. Any new news on this?
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:06 AM   #22
Ditch
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,032
Is the new trail looping off the Tunnel trail open? I was out of town for the last trail work weekend in October, but believe there was a bit of clean up to do yet. I was planning on going out yesterday, also, but had to meet someone in the middle of the day of course, screwed up the morning and afternoon.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:32 AM   #23
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditch View Post
Is the new trail looping off the Tunnel trail open? I was out of town for the last trail work weekend in October, but believe there was a bit of clean up to do yet. I was planning on going out yesterday, also, but had to meet someone in the middle of the day of course, screwed up the morning and afternoon.
I don't know about that trail yet, but I do want to check out the Tunnel Canyon/Otero side next time out! I haven't ridden that area since about 2001.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:05 AM   #24
Ditch
Beastly Adventurer

I rode the Tunnel trail earlier this fall, it is fun, but best on a weekday as it is popular with hikers and mt bikers. The new trail will make a nice loop. Haven't tried Otero yet.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:29 AM   #25
skerry00 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Technically the new trail (yet to be named) is not officially open to motorized just yet. It still has to be published on the 2013 MVUM (the West Ridge trail will also be opened to motos on the new map). However, I'm not going to fault anyone that wants to try it just remember it's a new trail and still soft in several spots (it's also not signed yet so finding it might be a bit difficult). Also, we need to go back and do a once over with the chainsaw and clear a couple more overhanging trees - on a mtn bike it's fine but on a moto you might catch a few in the neck!

As far as volunteer days, we don't have any more scheduled for the year. However, if there's folks interested in just helping out on weekdays on occasion, we're always looking for help. For example, we've got two volunteers helping us out on Thursday to do a little work on Cajun Pine. When I get work days together for the 2013 season I'll post them up. Otherwise, if you'd like to come out on weekdays, shoot me an email (kwood@fs.fed.us) and we'll let you know when we'll be doing something...

Cheers,

Kerry Wood
Sandia RD Trails Manager
skerry00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:37 AM   #26
skerry00 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
I should also point out that a good portion of the improvements are a result of a Recreational Trails Program grant that we've been working on with NMOHVA. The new trail near Tunnel was not part of the work with NMOHVA officially but I believe a few members helped/volunteered with the construction.

I'm excited to keep these improvements going, and seeing folks from the motorcycle community support our efforts is great. Thanks.
skerry00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:25 AM   #27
Ditch
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks for all the hard work Kerry! Wish we had some of that cooperation in the SFNF. Looks like we will lose some good singletrack there. I'll shoot you an e-mail next week about work days. I'm burning the last of my vacation days for the year so hopefully I can fit your schedule.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #28
mdsnitc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 213
Coyote Split

I did Coyote Split last week, great trail! Thanks for all the great work!

YOUTUBE - Coyote Split - slowly
Old 12-07-2012, 06:56 AM   #29
Ditch
Beastly Adventurer

Nice video! I'm going to have get back out there soon.