Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2010, 04:03 PM   #46
BillsR100
Happy Paleoflatus

Oddometer: 2,958
This is an EXCELLENT ride report. Great photos and trip technical specs to. Thank you!
BillsR100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:05 PM   #47
Sevoman
Ever Vigilant

Oddometer: 906
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsR100
This is an EXCELLENT ride report. Great photos and trip technical specs to. Thank you!
Nice RR. I think you managed well with the Mrs. two-up on an unknown entity.!! I love Western, Ma. I also have ridden the BRP and will probably repeat part of your trip on my way home in September. (Florida to Nova Scotia)

Ride Safe and enjoy the new ( to you) KLR

Sevoman
Sevoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:43 AM   #48
Liberia OP
Fortunate

Oddometer: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevoman
Ride Safe and enjoy the new ( to you) KLR

Sevoman
Sold the KLR 650 locally yesterday. It was a great bike and I would have another one with no hesitation. There's a KTM 990 Adventure on here that LiberiaSon and I would like to try out so I'm moving bikes (11 currently owned - all for sale - Every one of them fun to ride).

Join our 54 Tennessee State Parks Ride Collaborative! [My Ride Reports here.]
Liberia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 02:56 PM   #49
Liberia OP
Fortunate

Suwannee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevoman
I also have ridden the BRP and will probably repeat part of your trip on my way home in September. (Florida to Nova Scotia)

Sevoman
Sevoman,

I see you're in Tampa. My mother and one brother live in Suwannee, Florida (about 3 hours north of you). My Alaska brother and I also own a house there as well. If you've never ridden into Suwannee you should take the ride some day. Nothing commercial there but a nice little fishing village.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #50
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,833
Nice Ride Report. I live on route 522 in PA(saw you were on it in VA). It's funny that no matter how great a trip is, it still feels good to get home.
rockinrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:38 AM   #51
Liberia OP
Fortunate

Liberia's Ride Reports

Listing of Liberia's Ride Reports (in case you have trouble sleeping):

Independent Ride Reports-

1. Massachusetts to Tennessee in 3 days on a KLR (07-14-2010) [You're already here. Go to the top.]

2. A short trip to Lynchburg, TN (09-12-2010)

3. Maximum routes to work in Middle Tennessee (09-15-2010)

4. KLR 650 goes from Tennessee to Georgia to North Carolina and back (05-02-2011)

5. Mountain Riding - A Visit with Aunt Cleo - TN-NC-GA (07-26-2011)

6. 2008 Concours does a Stone Fort, Beechcraft and Lynchburg Tennessee (07-21-2012)

7. The Cheaha Resort State Park, Barber Motorsports Museum and a GoPro HDHero2 camera (08-07-2012)

8. 2 Irishmen & 2 Hillbillies visit David Crockett on the Natchez Trace (06-11-2013)

Part of the 54 Tennessee State Parks Ride Collaborative Thread-

1. Rock Island State Park - Rock Island, TN (09-24-2012)

2. Tims Ford State Park - Winchester, TN (10-10-2012)

3. Old Stone Fort State Historic Park - Manchester, TN (10-15-2012)

4. Burgess Falls State Park - Sparta, TN (10-19-2012)

5. Edgar Evins State Rustic Park - Silver Point, TN (11-18-2012)

6. Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park - Nashville, TN (11-23-2012)

7. Radnor Rustic State Park - Nashville, TN (11-24-2012 )

8. Fall Creek Falls State Park - Pikeville, TN -(04-14-2013)

9. David Crockett State Park - Lawrenceburg, TN (06-11-2013)

Liberia screwed with this post 03-26-2014 at 08:26 AM
Old 12-06-2012, 08:06 PM   #52
ZZcruiser
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Why the KLR ?

If you were buying a bike to sell when you got home, why did you purchase the KLR? For a two-up 1500 mile trip on pavement it seems many other bike choices would have been more suitable.

Something like a used V-Strom would have been similar in price and much more comfortable, especially for your wife.

Note: I ride a Strom and a DRZ 400. And I love the KLR.
ZZcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:00 AM   #53
Liberia OP
Fortunate

Best deal at the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZcruiser View Post
If you were buying a bike to sell when you got home, why did you purchase the KLR? For a two-up 1500 mile trip on pavement it seems many other bike choices would have been more suitable.

Something like a used V-Strom would have been similar in price and much more comfortable, especially for your wife.

Note: I ride a Strom and a DRZ 400. And I love the KLR.
Actually I had a used Harley Ultra Classic bought in Boston for the ride home. I was looking more closely at the pictures a week or so before actually consumating the purchase and it dawned on me that the lower fairings were not on the bike. I called and asked the owner and he said they were not on it when he bought it. That started me thinking about damage history so I did a CarFax. Found it had been damaged down in Daytona and had to be towed (doesn't take much damage to require a bike to be towed). But I hadn't been told about it. Then I looked at the owner history and it didn't match up with what I had been told. So I respectfully cancelled the purchase (the owner seemed to be a nice guy but the findings made me uneasy.)

So long story longer, My wife lost the comfy Ultra Classic experience for the back seat of a KLR as it was the only other deal in the Boston area that I felt I could buy, ride home and still make a profit when sold. Plus, I'm a sucker for a KLR with aluminum boxes.

We're still married which is more a testament to Mrs. Liberia's forgiveness than my worthiness

Old 12-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #54
satz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Nice ride , i have done this around 8 times in the last 11 yrs. I live in Mass and head to the smokies for a week often.

Nice to see it in a different view, we are always pushing some big mileage that i have promised next time i will slow down rather than keep pushing and enjoy the ride.
satz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:05 PM   #55
Liberia OP
Fortunate

Misleading title

Quote:
Originally Posted by satz View Post
Nice ride , i have done this around 8 times in the last 11 yrs. I live in Mass and head to the smokies for a week often.

Nice to see it in a different view, we are always pushing some big mileage that i have promised next time i will slow down rather than keep pushing and enjoy the ride.
Satz,

As you already know, we didn't make the trip in 3 days (instant divorce). But I don't know how to change a Ride Report title once it's started.

You're a tougher man than me to have made the trip 8 times pushing long miles each day. I might do an Iron Butt 1,000 miler one day just to prove that I can but it won't be on a KLR We really had a great time once we jumped onto Skyline Drive and the BRP and slowed down both in speed and in hours per day. Maybe you can do that on your next trip. I recommend it.