User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 566 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #5686
madeouttaglass
The AntiHarley

Oddometer: 3,399
I've always wanted to see one in action. Thanks for posting that.

Escape from NY- http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=955520
madeouttaglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #5687
dentedvw
Where did I put that

Oddometer: 2,151

Not a bad van? Needs Cragar wheels.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:14 PM   #5688
Ahar
Retired in place

Oddometer: 407

Ahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:38 AM   #5689
warrior1677
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 691
That's not right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentedvw View Post

Not a bad van? Needs Cragar wheels.
spider-man and bat man are from different universe.

"Ladies, if your man puts straight gas in a chainsaw, you have a girlfriend." gtn
warrior1677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:41 AM   #5690
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,140
Everyone's a comedian. I am a teacher and we are not supposed to leave our school other than at lunch without signing out, getting permission, etc. My school is pretty laidback about it but I always just tell someone in case someone needs me for something and starts looking.
Yesterday I stuck my head in the office and yelled to the assistant principal "I'm running out to get something from my van for a second" Her reply "You don't have to tell me, though I guess it is good in case you get kidnapped or something we will know you are missing" as she laughed. I came back in and she says to me "I realized after you left with your van I think it is more about us knowing you didn't kidnap someone." and laughs her ass off.

WHat would make her say that?
Old 12-07-2012, 08:17 AM   #5691
a1fa
Riding Nomad™

Oddometer: 13,680
nice van brah
Old 12-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #5692
pvangel
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,429
REAL nice van..... I miss it
pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:11 PM   #5693
RustySpokes
Two-bit throttle bum

Oddometer: 1,028
Anybody have any experience going from a standard full size van to an extended, or vise versa? I had a standard full size van a number of years ago and loved it. Thinking about another one and my thoughts are if I'm going to drive a big box I might as well make it a really big box!
Is there much difference as far as driving, ride etc? I'd guess not, but the extra space sure seems like it would be nice.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #5694
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvangel View Post
REAL nice van..... I miss it
It's serving me well. Put about 30k on it since I bought it from you and only thing i have done is tires, ball joints, brakes, oil and gas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustySpokes View Post
Anybody have any experience going from a standard full size van to an extended, or vise versa? I had a standard full size van a number of years ago and loved it. Thinking about another one and my thoughts are if I'm going to drive a big box I might as well make it a really big box!
Is there much difference as far as driving, ride etc? I'd guess not, but the extra space sure seems like it would be nice.
IMo the Ford's drive the same no matter the length, the Chevy's drive different since the length changes the wheelbase. Can't say if it is better or worse, just different.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:09 PM   #5695
Ko
Observant as never

Oddometer: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustySpokes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe View Post

IMo the Ford's drive the same no matter the length, the Chevy's drive different since the length changes the wheelbase. Can't say if it is better or worse, just different.
Drove all kinds and types- I agree with RichBeBe on Fords vs Chevys when it comes to wheelbase. Of course wiht longer wheelbase turning radius changes- now for Sprinters it's different, they have a better turning radius.
It does feel different when you drive a standard vs an extended, even for Fords. There's a bit more weight on the back with the extended, and yo can feel it especially if loaded- same for towing.
Now of course, there are so many extra variables such as torsion bars/shocks/raised roofs/etc, that it's hard to do an apple to apple comparison.
I'd never drive a standard, if we're talking Ford/GM- with European/other brands it's different given the big differences between models. Each to its own.

Ko

Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:18 PM   #5696
RustySpokes
Two-bit throttle bum

Oddometer: 1,028
Thanks for the reply's, I had a 1 ton Chevy with a 454 and figured there couldn't be that much difference between the standard and extended versions. I'll probably go with a Ford extended when the time comes.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #5697
dentedvw
Where did I put that

Oddometer: 2,151
I used to drive an Astro for work, and then got a nicer one for weekend duty. Drove pretty much the same, but the work one was noisier.
Then we upgraded to the GMC Savana at work, and I sold my Astro, and got a bus.
Two years later, I am out of the van, and the bus, and I bought an E350 EB, super duty. So, I have run the gamut pretty much. I liked the way the Savana drove, but I wanted to try out the Fords. So far, it's ok. It's older, so it's always got stuff that needs replaced, and it's not as quiet and smooth as the Vortec was, but that's ok I guess. I have more trouble parking it though, I often have to take two stabs at it, but it's like 21' long, so that's understandable.
I would like to try out the new tall top Transit when it comes next year, and I want to test out the Nissan NV too, because I think I want a more reliable platform than the old Econoline.

Nice blog, right?
Old 12-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #5698
JamesG
Rabid Poster

Oddometer: 10,946
Quote:

Old 12-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #5699
JamesG
Rabid Poster

Oddometer: 10,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahar View Post
The artwork alone is WTF thread worthy.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:03 PM   #5700
ErikY.
Here, Now.

Oddometer: 2,378
The kitties-meowing tape loop playing inside?

Quote:
Everyone's a comedian.
ErikY. is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: