User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #31
PapaYolk OP
Ride Along

Oddometer: 1,407
Today,s Ride

Nice day for speeding down the back-roads and catching the view.

Greasiest excuse of a taco in the land of fast food. Jack-in-the-box, two for a buck. The Box in Nampa is dark and has a toasty fire. It used to serve beer.

Yes, please.
PapaYolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #32
Laconic
Hard Core

Oddometer: 15,872
Always enjoy your stuff Papa Yolk!

P.S. This is the second Day Trip where I've seen a shepherd's camp in the past three weeks; the other was in West Virginia.
Laconic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #33
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 13,040
In.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #34
PapaYolk OP
Ride Along

Poison Creek Stage Station

Little frost on the pumpkin. Off south this morning, to the end of Poison Creek Rd near Jump Creek.

Sears Barn.

Poison Creek Stage Station

Yes, please.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #35
PapaYolk OP
Ride Along

Cove

This morning it's about 29 out, but the wind's down a lot. No excuse needed to ride today. It's Sunday and B Brown gave the law, back in '72, "...Ride) On Any Sunday." It's getting light. I like riding in the dark. My first zero-miles bike rolled out the shop door on a Friday, after school. "Keep it under 30 the first hundred miles and the transfer case in high", the man said. 1968 CT 90. Put the hundred on that warm night riding out through the orange groves. In the dark behind the small 6v lighted patch on road, fence-posts and trees, it could have be anywhere. I still daydream at night, in fog, that I am anywhere.

Road out to Cove, west, up the Malhuer. Not much left of Cove. The highway went down the other side of the river, then they pulled out the train tracks through town. Nice riding up around Bully Creek, and along Little Valley RD.

My point and shoot is crap when trying to catch a bald eagle fishing the Malhuer.

I give you, Cove.

Eh.

Yes, please.

PapaYolk screwed with this post 12-10-2012 at 12:10 PM
Old 12-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #36
PapaYolk OP
Ride Along

"Look's like 550 miles. See you in two weeks."

Yes, please.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:36 PM   #37
Aj Mick
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaYolk View Post
I like riding in the dark. My first zero-miles bike rolled out the shop door on a Friday, after school. "Keep it under 30 the first hundred miles and the transfer case in high", the man said. 1968 CT 90. Put the hundred on that warm night riding out through the orange groves. In the dark behind the small 6v lighted patch on road, fence-posts and trees, it could have be anywhere. I still daydream at night, in fog, that I am anywhere.
A CT90 is where I started too, in '66 on the family farm. The old man got it for the farm and the odd run into town. That transfer case was handy..... but I guess few here would know what you are on about!

Actually, I haven't moved on much. My present ride is a more recent incarnation of the Cub, a 1997 Honda Dream (100 cc, with 208,000 km on the odometer). Living on an island 50 km long by 20 km wide, it is all the bike I need for now.

Keep it coming, Papa...... enjoying the pictures and the comments.

Aj Mick screwed with this post 12-13-2012 at 10:43 PM
Aj Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #38
PapaYolk OP
Ride Along

Cubs

My computer's been down. Using Babe's tiny HP is hard on my old eye's, can't see the keys to hunt and peck properly. Also, the images are washed, so I get my unit back on line and see that most the pic's I posted are saturation fried. To go back and fix them all would be the shits, so just squint or imagine you've sipped some of Swamp's eye drops and are peeking.

Hey, Aj. It's a pity the best selling bike in the world is not available here in the States. Met a fellow in Twin Falls that got a hold of a Cub, badged it “Moped” and has ridden it for years, sans plates, and never been called out on it. Bullet proof little buggers. Honda started selling little push-rod step-throughs here and noted the highest sales to population average was in backwoods Idaho. As it was a bike designed for urban use, they sent a sales rep to investigate. He found we Bubbas were scrapping the front finders, adding large back sprockets and using them for things like reaching high trout lakes or hauling out elk quarters (Yum... elk). Two years latter they introduced the first CT trail-bike to the US market. When they added an overhead cam, then transfer case to replace the task of adding a length of chain and pulling out the larger trail sprocket, they had a winner. The same smog regulations that killed the importation of Cubs also killed the CT110.

Idaho CT-90 (my '68)

Today's post brought to you by, hops.

...and cubs.

Yes, please.

PapaYolk screwed with this post 12-14-2012 at 09:50 AM
Old 12-16-2012, 08:48 AM   #39
PapaYolk OP
Ride Along

Sunday

Peppering of wet snow melting on the fields, cloudy, no wind. Riding south, up the Snake, Chicken Dinner Rd. to Map Rock Rd., after breakfast.

That men have wintered here in this valley, at least 10'000 years, is written in petroglyph on Map Rock.

Yes, please.

PapaYolk screwed with this post 12-16-2012 at 09:16 AM
Old 12-16-2012, 04:08 PM   #40
bobw
Harden the phuck up

Oddometer: 853
Loving this and I also started ut on a CT90 a hundred years ago

Tito is a good man and I know from his comments on the TS3 site he is loving the move from VT.

Thanks for taking us along.
bobw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #41
PapaYolk OP
Ride Along

Put new triple A batterys into the AM/FM strapped to my handlebar. County trucks sanded hills and stops in the wee hours. But the snow line settled up on the shoulders of the valley and the bottom's just getting a slush snow mist.

Chicken Dinner Rd.

As the Valley narrows, I ride on the remnants of an alluvial fan washed out from from the Great Bonneville Flood, just 15,000 years ago. Great floods leave great stones, dropped after traveling hundreds of miles, but not smooth and eon worn like river stone.

Map rock is one of these boulders, come to rest on the bank of the Snake , across from greening hot springs that draw winter game.

The rock has natural steps on the up-hill side. Use of my best duffer-shuffle sets me atop map rock eating a tangerine. Map Rock is one of the oldest maps in North America. Along with the likeness of sheep, elk, deer, and pronghorn antelope is a giant three-toed sloth, extinct from about 8000 BC.

My bent fingers are cold and stiff as I wave to light traffic. I'll leave the peelings for the birds and head home through the picturesque vineyards and orchards of Sunnyslope. A cold, wet mourning on a bike beats puttering around the house or doing chores any time.

Yes, please.

PapaYolk screwed with this post 12-17-2012 at 08:24 AM
Old 12-17-2012, 02:59 PM   #42
PapaYolk OP
Ride Along

Seem to be between fronts today. Constant strong wind out of the west, temp over 40. Crisp and clear. Rode out to Ontario to pickup RV antifreeze.

Yes, please.

PapaYolk screwed with this post 12-17-2012 at 03:16 PM
Old 12-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #43
Habibi Rocks
Banned

Oddometer: 58
Nice Photos & report !!!!!!!!!!

nice bike too .

Habibi Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #44
WeazyBuddha