Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2012, 05:55 AM   #11
dazz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidc83 View Post
Weird, I have a 2009 G650gs which I bought new in April 2009 and I have never had the hot start issue, now with 31,000 miles on the ODO.
I have had the dying issue without keeping the RPMs up before (about 5 times during those 31,000). After a bunch of research and realizing what I did, while starting, do not tough the throttle, and when you turn the key on, wait until the yellow light stops flashing. If you even nudge the throttle when pushing the start button, you are telling the computer that idle is at the point of the throttle when you started, so when you then go to idle, the computer is reading below 0 and dies. The TBS (throttle body sensor) will reset itself after a certain amount of time, or you can force it by disconnecting the battery or resetting it by the throttle: turn key on, do not push start button, do WOT 2-3 times, turn key off, wait 2 minutes, then start the bike, should be good to go.
Morning DavidC83. To force the relearning do you need to take the battery out? (disconnect it). Can you not just pull whichever fuse that controls that electronic item? Is it the motronic? It would be easier just to pull ALL the fuses rather than disconnect the battery.
N.E. Ohio, USA
'Falling off motorcycles since 1963'
dazz is offline   Reply With Quote