Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 7,017

I was trying very hard to be polite

Old 12-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #302
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 16,459
Not invested at all, just appears like a bunch of kids on the playground making fun of another kid.

Yall have fun with it.

Happy Holidays DrLewall !
mouthfulloflake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #303
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Alexander View Post

I was trying very hard to be polite

I'd buy that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemeat View Post
$6900.00 + 600 more on the way from MAX and the new cluster from alpineride ($500) + $200 and change to get a new "R" title here in FLORIDA. Unless I drive up to Maryland to get it done. Since the origional Maryland title says"less than 75% total damage" that would allow me to get a new - non "R" title I believe.
But not this bike.

Pampero screwed with this post 12-07-2012 at 10:53 PM
Pampero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:31 PM   #304
GS Addict
Pepperfool

Oddometer: 3,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemeat
$6900.00 + 600 more on the way from MAX and the new cluster from alpineride ($500) + $200 and change to get a new "R" title here in FLORIDA. Unless I drive up to Maryland to get it done. Since the origional Maryland title says"less than 75% total damage" that would allow me to get a new - non "R" title I believe.

I wasn't 100% sure that he had the resources to finish it but this is where I jumped off.
I lost any respect him after that.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:18 AM   #305
MRCEIII
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
You will enjoy working at a Harley shop

You should have bought a Harley to rebuild. They like pretty bike that run like shit.
MRCEIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:22 AM   #306
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

See what I mean ... everybody seems to have a grudge.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #307
LaurelPerryOnLand
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,475
When can we expect to see pictures of a running bike?

This thread is getting REALLY OLD and my patience is wearing thin.
LaurelPerryOnLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #308
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

who really cares?

three months with no posts from him and you guys are still hanging on ... weird.

The mods should delete the thread just to leave everyone hanging
Old 12-08-2012, 12:25 PM   #309
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
Quote:
See what I mean ... everybody seems to have a grudge.
No grudges....comments!

You're still here, why not everybody else? All that's different is the perspective one adopts. If one thinks driving to another state to get a clear title on a burned up bike will go unnoticed or uncommented upon, and that all that matters is if the machine comes out pretty, that's. fine. Begrudging those who believe that's unethical or calling them out on that score will naturally result in controversy. I was rooting for Moosemeat until that reveal; hadn't even posted to the thread. After that, he was open game for a pile-on.

But I suspect you are right; this thread is about cooked and whatever happens to the HP2, Moose's ethics have been revealed.

Pampero screwed with this post 12-08-2012 at 12:37 PM
Pampero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:20 PM   #310
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,342
I think that when you talk a big game, and then start the trash talk, people tend to be more apt to hold your feet to the fire and expect you to make good on your own crap. I suppose that juvenile behavior begets juvenile treatment. I've seen TONS of project threads, and in most all of them, people are supportive, helpful, and understanding when and if things don't go as planned. But then again, in most all of those threads the OPers tends to act more like an adult seeking help rather than a child tooting their own horns and talking crap. It's more the demeanor of the OP than anything that makes some, myself included, sorta want to see him at least eat a little crow. If that makes us childish, then so be it.

With that said, in reality, I do hope that he is eventually successful at getting this bike back on the road. But with the money and time that he has invested, and the lengthy delay in getting it completed, I don't think it was quite as quick and easy of a restoration as he originally believed. I still say that anyone with experience with restoring things of questionable function knows to start getting it mechanically sound first, and THEN make it pretty. Then again since he has chosen this as his vocation, and judging from his demeanor I'm guessing he's young and inexperienced, perhaps this has served as a valuable lesson for him at the very least.

Good luck to moosemeat with this and future projects.

"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy

Randy screwed with this post 12-08-2012 at 02:21 PM
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:22 PM   #311
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,149
Meanwhile, back at the ranch...My buddy whose bike that is in the picture (burned out F650GS) just got the police report after a few months and the insurance authorized the payout to him! Yippeee! Not really, at least not yet. Before they will cut him a check, he has to de-register the bike here and that means he merely has to fill out some forms and hand over the plate.

That would be the plate that melted in the fire.

That would be the plate that who the fck knows where it is and whether it might have fallen off the salvage truck, been forgotten in the impound yard, etc...

He is also just getting over two separate bouts of dengue fever, the second of which damn near took him out for good.
If it wasn't for bad luck...

Now, back to the thread.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #312
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 50,588
Quote:
who really cares?

three months with no posts from him and you guys are still hanging on ... weird.

The mods should delete the thread just to leave everyone hanging
IMHO the dogpile has turned him off. Why bother now? At this point nothing he posts will make some of these guys happy.

Jim
JimVonBaden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:42 PM   #313
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
Meanwhile, back at the ranch...My buddy whose bike that is in the picture (burned out F650GS) just got the police report after a few months and the insurance authorized the payout to him! Yippeee! Not really, at least not yet. Before they will cut him a check, he has to de-register the bike here and that means he merely has to fill out some forms and hand over the plate.

That would be the plate that melted in the fire.

That would be the plate that who the fck knows where it is and whether it might have fallen off the salvage truck, been forgotten in the impound yard, etc...

He is also just getting over two separate bouts of dengue fever, the second of which damn near took him out for good.
If it wasn't for bad luck...

Now, back to the thread.
That's crazy.
Can he not get a new plate from the DMV. Saying the other was destroyed, or lost. Then turn in the new plate..
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
GI_JO_NATHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:42 PM   #314
slartidbartfast
Love those blue pipes

Oddometer: 4,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
IMHO the dogpile has turned him off. Why bother now? At this point nothing he posts will make some of these guys happy.

Jim
A video of him wheelying off in to the sunset would shut a few up though :)

Me, I'm just curious to see the finished product and (if he cares to share) a final list of what was done and what it cost. I really don't give a f**k about the people who are trying to stroke their own egos by criticizing someone else's efforts and I don't give a f**k about how original it looks.

Probably a topic for a different thread but I don't see what's the big deal about the title. There are plenty of vehicles going around (bikes especially) in really shitty condition but with perfectly good titles. There are also more than a few with salvage titles that seem to be just about perfect. In this case, if it meets the rules and he wants to maximize the value, it makes sense. If he then failed to tell the story to a potential buyer, that might be a different issue - but it would still obviously be a very heavily modified, reworked bike and unless there was a serious hidden flaw (unlikely from what I've seen so far) it shouldn't make much difference at the end of the day.
Summer 2008 UK End-to-End ride
slartidbartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #315
LaurelPerryOnLand
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,475
58,000 views, lots of posts, NO PICTURES of bike, 18 months.

No response from the OP for more than 3 months?

Time for the MODs to NUKE this thread.
LaurelPerryOnLand is offline   Reply With Quote