Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #24541
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
I didn't realize that you required riding to break things.
My bike is leakin oil like a freakin geyser in the back of the van. I just need a little sunlight to think about maybe starting to fix the damned thing :)
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #24542
begeberg
That'll leave a mark..

Oddometer: 2,299
Heated Gear men...

And get back at it!!
begeberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:31 PM   #24543
stujamur
Havin the craic

Oddometer: 1,123
After much advice hear i bought and installed dirtbagz rangers .
Awesome
I am pretty excited about some weekend away now . They easily fit my 2 man tent and the basics needed for a few nights away
Old 12-07-2012, 11:39 PM   #24544
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by begeberg View Post
Heated Gear men...
And get back at it!!

I've pretty much given up on it. I've come to believe it's actually kind of dangerous, esp on a dual sport.

When it dies, and it will. you're screwed and have NO thermal protection.
I do really like it though, but for me, longer term and esp on backroads trips I'm switching to down thermal undies :)
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 12-08-2012, 11:54 PM   #24545
huzar
Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer: 2,043
So rather suddenly I find myself looking at the prospect of shipping my '08 610 to South America. I would be looking at a two month trip.

The bike currently has ~6500 miles on her. Tasky's did the 5K mile service, then the bike (but not me ) ran the WABDR, then I did the oil/filter. The CCT was at 7 clicks when Tasky's checked it.

Is there anything I should be preparing for, repair or maintenance-wise? I'm looking at 10k miles tops for the trip. I have at most 3 weeks to get anything else done (I did say this is short notice)

I'm running a LiON battery, so the battery tray shoud not crack. I have Dirtbagz Rangers, so the rear subframe should be good. The suspension has just been redone. Overall, the bike is ready to ride.

Also, short of installing a Rekluse clutch, anything that can be done to reduce the huge clutch pull ln that thing?
huzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:17 AM   #24546
huzar
Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer: 2,043
Also, I'm not xymotic

huzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:39 AM   #24547
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

bastard.

Have you reenforced the subframe?

And I'd have a real good look at the footpegs and make sure they are mounted flush.

Probably a good idea to check the woodruf key.

the only other way I know of is the hydraulic clutch from Uptite (if George still makes them) but I don't think it actually changes the pull that much.
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 12-09-2012, 05:05 AM   #24548
StolenFant
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzar View Post
So rather suddenly I find myself looking at the prospect of shipping my '08 610 to South America. I would be looking at a two month trip.

The bike currently has ~6500 miles on her. Tasky's did the 5K mile service, then the bike (but not me ) ran the WABDR, then I did the oil/filter. The CCT was at 7 clicks when Tasky's checked it.

Is there anything I should be preparing for, repair or maintenance-wise? I'm looking at 10k miles tops for the trip. I have at most 3 weeks to get anything else done (I did say this is short notice)

I'm running a LiON battery, so the battery tray shoud not crack. I have Dirtbagz Rangers, so the rear subframe should be good. The suspension has just been redone. Overall, the bike is ready to ride.

Also, short of installing a Rekluse clutch, anything that can be done to reduce the huge clutch pull ln that thing?
Someone makes a steel disk that epoxy adheres to the left engine cover, and protects our from farting punctured by the shifter. Soon as I find one I'm ordering. Also going back to garage to finish brake-in on Rekluse.
Currently C200L4, C150M3, WR250 throw-out spacer, 6TC balls and 21 ss balls. Engagement seems be 2100, so lots of tweaking left. All details will be posted here and in cafehusky.com. Clutch is so light I didn't think it was working API I installed that wr250 spacer. Probably not needed. More later. Oh nothing works until you adjust clutch lever pull at 4500+ rpm.
StolenFant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:08 AM   #24549
motopreserve
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Quote:
Oh nothing works until you adjust clutch lever pull at 4500+ rpm.
????

MotoPreserve -- a blog about wrenching on bikes in Barre, VT...
motopreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:10 AM   #24550
begeberg
That'll leave a mark..

Oddometer: 2,299
bring...

extra water temp sensor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzar View Post

begeberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:04 AM   #24551
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by motopreserve View Post
????
he's talking about setting up a rekluse
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 12-09-2012, 09:06 AM   #24552
motopreserve
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Aha. Thanks for the clarification.

MotoPreserve -- a blog about wrenching on bikes in Barre, VT...
motopreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #24553
StolenFant
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
4500 RPM clutch adjustment, you read right

It's part of the Rekluse Z-start Pro initial configuration. I'll be posting all the details on Husky Forum, but it's in now, works as advertised, engine braking like stock, one finger clutch if you want to use it. Sits still while idling in first gear, and starts moving soon as you move the throttle. Engages hard enough to loft the front end if you've got the traction, but as hard as dumping the clutch would.
Not a difficult install, but can be a bit confusing if you've never done before. I had not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motopreserve View Post
????
StolenFant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:44 PM   #24554
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenFant View Post
It's part of the Rekluse Z-start Pro initial configuration. I'll be posting all the details on Husky Forum, but it's in now, works as advertised, engine braking like stock, one finger clutch if you want to use it. Sits still while idling in first gear, and starts moving soon as you move the throttle. Engages hard enough to loft the front end if you've got the traction, but as hard as dumping the clutch would.
Not a difficult install, but can be a bit confusing if you've never done before. I had not.
Awesome! please post a link here as well What was the total cost?
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 12-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #24555
mark1976
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
The Rekluse site lists an autoclutch for the 510 but not the 610. Did I miss something?
mark1976 is offline   Reply With Quote