ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #32281
internalcombust
Yes its dirty, thanks.

Oddometer: 1,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMLWR View Post
anyone do any riding today? I was getting the last of the firewood in but definitley felt like a ride day....
PC was nice enough to swing by my place on his KLR today. He helped me stand around and look at the DRZ I was supposed to be working on.
internalcombust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #32282
PWRCRZR OP
Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer: 7,355
Was a nice afternoon for a little ride....while I was riding home with cold finger tips I debated the merit of heated gloves vs grips...

The DRZ is looking good IC....not quite sure about those black shrouds though got to be matchy....... matchy
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #32283
Kaw4Life
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,937
After a nice hot soapy bath, time to warm the oil for a change. Rear wheel bearings making a lot noise, got them on order.

Kaw4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #32284
mikewillsmith
Not the f'g fresh prince!

Oddometer: 1,803
Quote:
anyone do any riding today? I was getting the last of the firewood in but definitley felt like a ride day....
Yup, had a nice ride around to the corners of Knox county today. Always nice when you can get a ride in in Dec.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:07 PM   #32285
mikewillsmith
Not the f'g fresh prince!

Oddometer: 1,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRCRZR View Post
Was a nice afternoon for a little ride...
Glad you found the time.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #32286
internalcombust
Yes its dirty, thanks.

Oddometer: 1,586
Quote:
got to be matchy....... matchy
Ahhhhhhh!
internalcombust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:22 PM   #32287
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 15,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwrider View Post
Another guy on a big heavy bike, riding the wide trails, whoop de do! I have ridden Highland Park, show me him riding the three to six diamond stuff and I will be impressed. You could ride a Goldwing where he went......
Being a mere mortal I'm impressed by anyone who can ride like that - big bike or little bike. He's coming up from the back picking them off. Granted they prolly aren't the AA riders and such but still, he was moving with 700 pounds (bike & rider) through the trail and the pack. Sure, a Goldwing might fit and can possibly be ridden through there but I'd be willing to bet a coffee it wouldn't be passing for long if at all.

Grabbed this from the thread I stumbled on tonight started by the dood with the video...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdirt505 View Post
...Hopefully we can get some more to join in because Highland park really had a great course for the big bikes...
Interesting back story for some of us. Looking forward to see more footage and the HP2 in action at some point. Apparently the rider ate this guy for lunch.

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #32288
BKMLWR
Wondering around...

Oddometer: 4,333
Quote:
Was a nice afternoon for a little ride....while I was riding home with cold finger tips I debated the merit of heated gloves vs grips...

I was initially disappointed with my Gerbing G3 gloves but I learned a few things this year.....when I ride with fingers relaxed and not tightly wrapped around the grips the gloves were warmer. Those little elastic cords which are at the end of the gaunlets make a big difference when used. even thought the gaunlets seem tight around the sleeves of the jacket.
the KLR will easily power the gloves and grips so I use both.
the MSR wind deflectors are a must for keeping the fingers warm too...
I was riding 15 miles to work at 18-20deg. this fall with warm hands....
LifeSong
BKMLWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:33 PM   #32289
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 15,981
Quote:
I was initially disappointed with my Gerbing G3 gloves but I learned a few things this year.....when I ride with fingers relaxed and not tightly wrapped around the grips the gloves were warmer. Those little elastic cords which are at the end of the gaunlets make a big difference when used. even thought the gaunlets seem tight around the sleeves of the jacket.
the KLR will easily power the gloves and grips so I use both.
the MSR wind deflectors are a must for keeping the fingers warm too...
I was riding 15 miles to work at 18-20deg. this fall with warm hands....

Amazing how much more effective any heat is if you can cut the wind down.

Those hippo hand-like contraptions with grip heaters inside turn your bars into little toaster ovens.

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #32290
Mudhen
Foul Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,228
Quote:
I took the 'berg around the backyard with the boys. A couple drops (for THEM!) due to wet leaves and hidden branches. I explained to them that a dirt ride in December is like a gift.

For me it was my first time on two wheels since August - which means as of September my 104 month streak is over...SUCK. FFF...and a FF to that. F.

F.

Suck.

Starting a new job, so another commuting bike is in order. CBR250R, top of the list. Thoughts on its highway manners??? I'd appreciate it if anyone has spent some serious time on one. $4k, 70mpg sounds really good to me...but can I really take it, day after day?????????

Thx guys.

Pat
Mudhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:02 PM   #32291
Kaw4Life
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhen View Post
I took the 'berg around the backyard with the boys. A couple drops (for THEM!) due to wet leaves and hidden branches. I explained to them that a dirt ride in December is like a gift.

For me it was my first time on two wheels since August - which means as of September my 104 month streak is over...SUCK. FFF...and a FF to that. F.

F.

Suck.

Starting a new job, so another commuting bike is in order. CBR250R, top of the list. Thoughts on its highway manners??? I'd appreciate it if anyone has spent some serious time on one. $4k, 70mpg sounds really good to me...but can I really take it, day after day?????????

Thx guys.

Pat
Who are you again ?

Kaw4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #32292
TinMan207
Most often a lurker...

Oddometer: 1,301
This is all I got done today

ok, so it was a little more complicated than it looks, with all the red-neck engineering that had to be done, and I had a LOT of help that I am grateful for!!! Not even close to done yet.

02 Suzuki DL1000 - 06 Suzuki DL650 (2 at the moment!) - 06 DR650 - 00 DR650
TinMan207 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #32293
PWRCRZR OP
Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer: 7,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhen View Post

F.

Suck.

Thx guys.

Pat
Check with Justdrew...he has a Ninja 250 he has put a lot of seat time on..not quite the same but pretty close for what you are asking. I think I recall reading the Honda was a little smoother on highway runs.

Any time any day on a bike is a gift but this time of year they are extra bonus days
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #32294
TinMan207
Most often a lurker...

Oddometer: 1,301
No really. LOTS more to do!

Words alone do not begin to express my gratitude for all your help Tim!

02 Suzuki DL1000 - 06 Suzuki DL650 (2 at the moment!) - 06 DR650 - 00 DR650

TinMan207 screwed with this post 12-09-2012 at 05:44 PM
TinMan207 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:42 PM   #32295
justdrew
underpowered

Oddometer: 403
Quote:
Check with Justdrew...he has a Ninja 250 he has put a lot of seat time on..not quite the same but pretty close for what you are asking. I think I recall reading the Honda was a little smoother on highway runs.

Any time any day on a bike is a gift but this time of year they are extra bonus days
My .02

My mini-ninja never fails to put a smile on my face every time I ride it. The thing turns in like nothing I've ever experienced. Keep it "spun up" and it'll make quick enough time on any road to keep you entertained. Highway manners are honestly really good, if ergonomically a bit small. Smooth running, reasonable wind protection, and anvil like reliability are to be found here.

The CBR would presumably take all these qualities and add EFI and available ABS, but then there is the new Ninja 300...
justdrew is offline   Reply With Quote