User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #1891
RED CAT
Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer: 2,803
Willing to bet!

The new 1190 will only be $1000. more than the old 990.
RED CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:51 PM   #1892
wpbarlow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmadura View Post
I just read that MSRP will be around 19,500 here in the US. Can that be true? That's a lot of cash, especially considering the 990 was a good 5K less. I was really stoked about this bike, but for 20 large, I'm FAR less enthused. Crap. ...

You and everyone else so inclined can worry yourselves as much as you want about pricing; ask, chase and repeat every rumor, make up your own doomsday numbers, etc., as much as you want. In fact, why not start a price speculation thread so you can be undisturbed by any talk of the actual bike

I think I'll wait for KTM's pricing though, rather than follow that thread.
wpbarlow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:36 AM   #1893
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by paturoa View Post
Just read a website that merkins wont get the 1190 in 2013 "It's now very clear that no KTM 1190 Adventure will be sold in the US in 2013"

here http://www.autoevolution.com/news/us...ure-52740.html

They don't quote a source, so it could be the jurno interviewing himself.
It is probably that KTM has been reading this thread and realised their US customers don't want that poser 1190 with its dent-prone exhaust header.

And as it happens, they do have a few 990s still for sale. So it's win-win! (And they will throw in new paint as a thank-you to their core crowd.)
Old 12-10-2012, 05:57 AM   #1894
cjmadura
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpbarlow View Post
You and everyone else so inclined can worry yourselves as much as you want about pricing; ask, chase and repeat every rumor, make up your own doomsday numbers, etc., as much as you want. In fact, why not start a price speculation thread so you can be undisturbed by any talk of the actual bike

I think I'll wait for KTM's pricing though, rather than follow that thread.
Wise words. I think I'll chill out and wait for the facts - I still have 18 months after all
cjmadura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #1895
Tiggersteve
Adventurer

You guys across the pond will be getting a good deal if the new bike is only $1000 more,
here in Blighty it's over 2000 more which is over $3000 a considerable jump in price, potentially enough to leave the 990 in the line up,
having seen and sat on both 1190 models at the NEC it is a smart bit of kit and is currently the only bike tempting me away from my Tiger 1050, however for the price there are a couple of niggles/cost cutting, (yes, really at that price)
The screen adjustment is a bit cheap and nasty, but hey i guess once it's set for you it's sorted,
The little cubby in the left front fairing inner is a cheap plastic cover with plastic clip to hold it shut and will NOT be waterproof and is awkward to get at behind/under the bars,
the left switchgear is a modern matt grey plastic item the right is a chunky powdercoated black mag casting a real dissapointment in this price category,
Tiggersteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #1896
Idle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 611
Well shit, we can't even get the 8x10 color glossy photographs...

Barnes Un-noble finally got the December issue of Bike magazine in, and it had like one page devoted to the KTM 1190. I was so distraught I ran out crying and screaming.

I'd been going there every 2-3 days since that mag was posted up. There was nothing in the November issue.

Can anybody confirm what month Bike magazine I need? I assume I need a UK mag now..
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #1897
Tiggersteve
Adventurer

how do you post pics on here (sorry sort of off topic)
got some in photobucket will post some tomorrow (need a password reminder)
Old 12-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #1898
duct tape
Lost

Oddometer: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle View Post

Barnes Un-noble finally got the December issue of Bike magazine in, and it had like one page devoted to the KTM 1190. I was so distraught I ran out crying and screaming.

I'd been going there every 2-3 days since that mag was posted up. There was nothing in the November issue.

Can anybody confirm what month Bike magazine I need? I assume I need a UK mag now..
It's the December issue with the ZX - 6R on the front. At least on my iPad version. There's a special supplement for the KTM 1190.

Trails Preservation Alliance www.coloradotpa.org
Colorado OHV Coalition www.cohvco.org
duct tape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:46 PM   #1899
explodingmouse
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 202
Australian pricing 1190 standard $20,995 , 1190R $21,995 , thats $2000 less for an 1190R than the current 990R !
explodingmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:39 PM   #1900
SwedishViking
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle View Post

It seems that this special addendum to that issue did not make it far outside UK... Same in Sweden. Bought the Mag on the Ipad instead...
SwedishViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:42 AM   #1901
Tiggersteve
Adventurer

Bearing in mind the final bike "Bike" rode was a pre production (but near as dammit ready bike)
their comments were very favourable and (good in my book) the only bike out there in class to challenge the multi
and for all you dirty people the R is more than capable off road
Old 12-11-2012, 04:52 AM   #1902
TIGERRIDER007
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmadura View Post
I just read that MSRP will be around 19,500 here in the US. Can that be true?
That's a lot of cash, especially considering the 990 was a good 5K less. I was really stoked about this bike,
but for 20 large, I'm FAR less enthused. Crap.

I was planning on buying one of these as a 50th birthday gift to myself, selling off my pristine Triumph Tiger 955. I planned to use it as a Adventure-Touring bike (I have a KLR 650 slow-poke for the dirt), but for the projected 20K, I could buy either a 1200GS Adventure or a Triumph Trophy and have a really great road bike.

I love the idea of light weight and big power, but for the same money, the Trophy would be a far more enjoyable bike on big expeditions. I feel the 1190 is too big to use as a real off-roader, just as the Triumph Explorer and GS1200 are. The Triumph triple is hard to argue with. If the 1190 came in around $16k, I could see the value, but @ 20k, no way.

Looks like the 955 Tiger will soldier on for a while longer.........

What are some other thoughts?
I would agree with you, as I also have an 06 955 and it's my "for life" bike. I don't think I want to stretch that far financially, especially when there are so many other options out there to fill a "want", not necessarily a "need". Think of all the used bikes you could buy with $20000, or even a combination of used and new. Heck, you could pick up a used Tenere or Multi, AND a used DR or DRZ and still have thousands in your pocket. The options are endless.
I hope this price is incorrect. I would buy for around $17000 and under. Here's to hoping!
TIGERRIDER007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #1903
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by explodingmouse View Post
Australian pricing 1190 standard $20,995 , 1190R $21,995 , thats $2000 less for an 1190R than the current 990R !

Great news for us down under if accurate, and even slightly better than I had predicted.

Where did your info come from? I've not been able to find confirmation online. Can I assume there will be an announcement from KTM shortly?

BTW: thanks for posting.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:19 PM   #1904
Pete640
I hate sand.......

Oddometer: 1,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moronic View Post
Great news for us down under if accurate, and even slightly better than I had predicted.

Where did your info come from? I've not been able to find confirmation online. Can I assume there will be an announcement from KTM shortly?

BTW: thanks for posting.
Jeff leisk. He is in charge of KTM Australia. It should be accurate!!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #1905
explodingmouse
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 202
Yeah I emailed Jeff with a general enquirey regarding the high Australian dollar and KTM pricing and he emailed me with the 1190 prices,
explodingmouse is offline   Reply With Quote