ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #676
HAPPYTRAILSINC
single track rider
 
HAPPYTRAILSINC's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: lost in space
Oddometer: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglemototours View Post
Got to do something while I wait.
They all hate me, another epic day.
you damm "A" rider
wish i was there
see u next weeeknd for my b-day ride
__________________
HAPPYTRAILS
Scott

I am in not associated with happy-trails.com
I am the original happytrails
HAPPYTRAILSINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:53 PM   #677
junglemototours
trailplug
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Idaho to Costa Rica
Oddometer: 1,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPYTRAILSINC View Post
you damm "A" rider
wish i was there
see u next weeeknd for my b-day ride
Everyday is my birthday and Chanukah all rolled into one.
I have a good jungle spider story too, braaaapppp!
junglemototours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:10 AM   #678
pcvance OP
Walk Verplank
 
pcvance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sequoia Country
Oddometer: 5,407
Talking

Epic it was, we were ALL over the utes.

Thanks, John for leading the way.

And yes we ALL hate you, boy from the jungle.
__________________
KTM 640-E / KTM 525 EXC CENTRAL VALLEY DUAL SPORT RIDES / RIDERS Sequoia-So Cal / STEWARDS OF THE SEQUOIA / STEWARDS OF THE SIERRA NATIONAL FOREST
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:53 AM   #679
Kap
Single Track Scalpel
 
Kap's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Apple Valley Ca.
Oddometer: 341
Great ride John! Even with 8 riders we covered some good ground. Other than still being at 6700 feet lost in the Piutes at 5:30 pm it was a blast. See you all soon.
__________________
This shit aint checkers, its chess !!
Kap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #680
exIT
n00b
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Epic it was, we were ALL over the utes.

Thanks, John for leading the way.


From the new guy in the group, thanks for letting me tag along.

Did you guys go back and explore the trail that we talked John out of with 20 minutes of daylight left?

I found just the tool for clearing the brush:

[IMG]file:///Users/bryanwidholm/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]
exIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #681
pcvance OP
Walk Verplank
 
pcvance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sequoia Country
Oddometer: 5,407
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap View Post
Great ride John! Even with 8 riders we covered some good ground. Other than still being at 6700 feet lost in the Piutes at 5:30 pm it was a blast. See you all soon.
Great two days of riding, almost a hundred miles yesterday in the Piutes, fourty+ today on the KCT my ass is wore out...

Thanks to everyone who made it happen, good times.

here's a few pics!









check out that nice bike stand!

mandatory beer break...































who the fuck is RAZR?

Max on the ride home

theGrinch's bar bending manuver...
__________________
KTM 640-E / KTM 525 EXC CENTRAL VALLEY DUAL SPORT RIDES / RIDERS Sequoia-So Cal / STEWARDS OF THE SEQUOIA / STEWARDS OF THE SIERRA NATIONAL FOREST

pcvance screwed with this post 12-09-2012 at 09:35 PM
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:02 PM   #682
pcvance OP
Walk Verplank
 
pcvance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sequoia Country
Oddometer: 5,407
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by exIT View Post


From the new guy in the group, thanks for letting me tag along.

Did you guys go back and explore the trail that we talked John out of with 20 minutes of daylight left?

I found just the tool for clearing the brush:

[IMG]file:///Users/bryanwidholm/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]
Brian,
Welcome to ADV!

Nice meeting you and John.
__________________
KTM 640-E / KTM 525 EXC CENTRAL VALLEY DUAL SPORT RIDES / RIDERS Sequoia-So Cal / STEWARDS OF THE SEQUOIA / STEWARDS OF THE SIERRA NATIONAL FOREST
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:25 PM   #683
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders
 
theGrinch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: On the move
Oddometer: 1,957
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Epic it was, we were ALL over the utes.

Thanks, John for leading the way.

And yes we ALL hate you, boy from the jungle.
What a great ride, or was it all just a dream.

Thanks to all that make this happen.



.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Who's the clueless noob?
theGrinch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #684
TheDualDog
Adventurer
 
TheDualDog's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Tehachapi, CA
Oddometer: 26
It was great meeting the 8 of you on Erskin Cyn Trail. Paul Kendall and I had a great time and enjoyed the chat. But as soon as we got off the Dry Mdw Trail section, my clutch cable gave out and headed up the trail with it breaking and I continued until I hit the steep portion and killed it. Instead of replacing with a new cable I had in my backpack and trail-side work, it was best to go back onto the main road back to Kernville and do it there.

The next day we chose Cannell Mdw Trail and getting to the nearly 9400 foot elevation on the upper section. We would have made it to Sherman Peak but the snow drifts were making it too hard. So we headed back to Kernville and a hearty lunch.

It's hard to place the faces with your forum call signs, but we'll have to meet up again sometime.

Now how come I see no option to post a pic? I put mine on my main Facebook acct.
TheDualDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:34 PM   #685
Kali Trailrider
PLATED X2
 
Kali Trailrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Murrieta, CA
Oddometer: 460
Talking


theGrinch

Nice Wheelie Peter.
Oh wait isnt that you looking for a beer in the weeds??
__________________
Let's roll...
Kali Trailrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:17 PM   #686
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders
 
theGrinch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: On the move
Oddometer: 1,957
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Trailrider View Post

theGrinch

Nice Wheelie Peter.
Oh wait isnt that you looking for a beer in the weeds??
Thanks Jerry, was trying to open the beer while I was going up the hill. Almost parked it in the bushes but Scott (rearstear) Had to blow the bike back at me for the pic op.

Who said Protappers were hard to bend?
Thanks to Parry for bringing up new "black" protappers the bike is faster now and likes hill climbs.



.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Who's the clueless noob?
theGrinch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #687
pcvance OP
Walk Verplank
 
pcvance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sequoia Country
Oddometer: 5,407
Pissed

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGrinch View Post
Thanks Jerry, was trying to open the beer while I was going up the hill. Almost parked it in the bushes but Scott (rearstear) Had to blow the bike back at me for the pic op.

Who said Protappers were hard to bend?
Thanks to Parry for bringing up new "black" protappers the bike is faster now and likes hill climbs.



.

Peter, better not let Sheri see that pic, she won't let you ride with us again.
You don't want to get banned from the SNF dream riders now do you?
__________________
KTM 640-E / KTM 525 EXC CENTRAL VALLEY DUAL SPORT RIDES / RIDERS Sequoia-So Cal / STEWARDS OF THE SEQUOIA / STEWARDS OF THE SIERRA NATIONAL FOREST
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:49 PM   #688
Windrat
just a poser
 
Windrat's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: The Beach
Oddometer: 1,980
Thanks everyone I had a great time and the riding was fun too

thanks for the wayward ride plan John... I don't hate you
I'm going to do a short rr in a few days
__________________
I wanted one last view for the day... A place where I could see the water
Windrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:04 PM   #689
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist
 
RAZR's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Silver Lake (L.A.)
Oddometer: 8,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post





































who the fuck is RAZR?

hahahaha i left that message there last April during our damp WARPED ride
__________________
"when there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"
YOUTUBE
SPOT
RAZR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:43 AM   #690
Kap
Single Track Scalpel
 
Kap's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Apple Valley Ca.
Oddometer: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDualDog View Post
It was great meeting the 8 of you on Erskin Cyn Trail. Paul Kendall and I had a great time and enjoyed the chat. But as soon as we got off the Dry Mdw Trail section, my clutch cable gave out and headed up the trail with it breaking and I continued until I hit the steep portion and killed it. Instead of replacing with a new cable I had in my backpack and trail-side work, it was best to go back onto the main road back to Kernville and do it there.

The next day we chose Cannell Mdw Trail and getting to the nearly 9400 foot elevation on the upper section. We would have made it to Sherman Peak but the snow drifts were making it too hard. So we headed back to Kernville and a hearty lunch.

It's hard to place the faces with your forum call signs, but we'll have to meet up again sometime.

Now how come I see no option to post a pic? I put mine on my main Facebook acct.
Nice seeing you on the trail Damon, we had quite the excursion after meeting up with you. Lost in the dark at 6700 feet. Alls well that ends well eh. Can you pm me Paul's number, he said we can possibly rent his cabin.
__________________
This shit aint checkers, its chess !!
Kap is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014