ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 05:46 AM   #181
gcdude
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Any upcoming rides before the rains come?
Old 10-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #182
Zuber
Zoob

Oddometer: 1,885
Too dusty for more than two bikes. I expect to start riding a few after the first good rain.

Saturday/Sunday are GP and XC races in Shedd. Fun to watch.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:16 PM   #183
Zuber
Zoob

The Alsea Falls road is closed about 1 1/2 miles SE of the fall's park. I rode down there expecting to sneak through on a construction bypass or something. NaDa. Just a big ditch with water flowing fast. Signs say it will be closed until Jan 31.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:31 PM   #184
Tosh Togo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuber View Post
The Alsea Falls road is closed about 1 1/2 miles SE of the fall's park. I rode down there expecting to sneak through on a construction bypass or something. NaDa. Just a big ditch with water flowing fast. Signs say it will be closed until Jan 31.
Can you get around it on the one that goes past Hull-Oakes and the park on Dawson?...
Tosh Togo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:19 PM   #185
Zuber
Zoob

I saw a lot of evidence that they were running trucks from Hull-Oaks past McBee (mcbride?) park and up toward Prarie peak (west). So, yeah you can get there, but there's a lot of slop on that road. So, go find us a way around. dz
Old 11-23-2012, 10:59 PM   #186
Tosh Togo
Beastly Adventurer

34/Decker/Bellfountain
Old 12-09-2012, 08:37 PM   #187
wellsit
Recently Parolled

Oddometer: 13
Long time lurker here and this is my first post. I just found this thread. I ride Salem to Corvallis everyday. I work at OSU as an IT dork. I can frequently be seen riding black and grey F800. Occasionally I ride my TE449. I'm always looking for new areas and ways to get onto some dirt or gravel.
wellsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #188
Zuber
Zoob

Welcome Wellsit..

One of my favorite areas is west of Mary's Peak. Ride out to Burnt Woods on Hwy 34, go south toward Harlan. At about 3 miles you'll get to a low pass, make a right just before the top. This is Burnt Woods Ridge Rd. Follow it west and try to stay up on top. This is a great road when the sun is out. About 8 miles out you need to drop down to the south to the next ridge - Baber Mt Rd. You can follow this through the M/C offroad area and come out on the Harlan-Elk City Rd close to the Elk City end. Then follow the pavement into Toledo. There's a great BBQ/Brew Pub at the south end of down town Toledo.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:43 PM   #189
smilin jack
Grandpa Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,226
Welcome Wellsit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsit View Post
Long time lurker here and this is my first post. I just found this thread. I ride Salem to Corvallis everyday. I work at OSU as an IT dork. I can frequently be seen riding black and grey F800. Occasionally I ride my TE449. I'm always looking for new areas and ways to get onto some dirt or gravel.
Welcome to hwy34 and the fun commute to work. I live in Lebanon and ride my blue DR650 to Corvallis daily (except on black ice days).

Went for a quick ride up Quartzville today testing out my rebuilt rear suspension.

My friend Tom used to work OSU communications but recently move to Monmouth doing the same job.

Dave
smilin jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:16 PM   #190
jprovence
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
New rider in town. Name is Josh. I will start OSU in winter. I'll be commuting from Albany on my V-Strom. I'd love to catch up with any of you guys and explore things in and around our villages or crash a few beers.
jprovence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:42 PM   #191
Tosh Togo
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuber View Post
Welcome Wellsit..

One of my favorite areas is west of Mary's Peak. Ride out to Burnt Woods on Hwy 20, go south toward Harlan. At about 3 miles you'll get to a low pass, make a right just before the top. This is Burnt Woods Ridge Rd. Follow it west and try to stay up on top. This is a great road when the sun is out. About 8 miles out you need to drop down to the south to the next ridge - Baber Mt Rd. You can follow this through the M/C offroad area and come out on the Harlan-Elk City Rd close to the Elk City end. Then follow the pavement into Toledo. There's a great BBQ/Brew Pub at the south end of down town Toledo.
Fixt

And the road from the Burnt Woods store south to the old gas station is a ten mile pavement giggle.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:48 PM   #192
wellsit
Recently Parolled

Thanks for the welcome. I'll have to try that hwy 34 thru Burnt Woods that Zoober suggested. It sounds like fun. Does it get high enough to worry about snow?

Smilin Jack, I know Tom. His office was right next to mine. We're both in communications. Small World...
Old 12-22-2012, 11:06 PM   #193
Zuber
Zoob

It's all low level. But, in the winter you may want to carry a chain saw just in case.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #194
wellsit
Recently Parolled

Is it very muddy? I have Heidenau's on the GS, not knobbies.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #195
Czechplease
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
Howdy...

I've been lurking here as well for a while. 'Been going to the Eugene/Springfield group's meet-ups on Wednesday's after work in Eugene. They're a swell bunch! So far they tolerate me...which does NOT speak well to their judge of character! Since I live in Brownsville I guess I'll try to horn in on some of this group's fun as well.

I'm riding a 2011 Klr and I'm NOT fast in the dirt/gravel...and I'm trying to learn the offroad stuff without sacrificing bike or body.

I'll make this my official request for an invitation on any ride you guy's would like to include a new face/bike on.
Czechplease is offline   Reply With Quote