Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #1366
Rider1
Ridin' Dave

Oddometer: 173
"Macinthailand... Thanks. I contacted Rick via email but when I looked up this site (the manual site) the only thing I found was a manual that had several types of Hondas info in it. I was hoping for one specific to the 250L. They do offer specific manuals for other Hondas just could not find one specific to the 250L."

At the bottom of the page that I sent you the link on is this:

"If manuals are not shown online, you can call 1-800-782-4356 and order them over the phone."
Old 12-09-2012, 04:29 PM   #1367
macinthailand
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider1 View Post
"Macinthailand... Thanks. I contacted Rick via email but when I looked up this site (the manual site) the only thing I found was a manual that had several types of Hondas info in it. I was hoping for one specific to the 250L. They do offer specific manuals for other Hondas just could not find one specific to the 250L."

At the bottom of the page that I sent you the link on is this:

"If manuals are not shown online, you can call 1-800-782-4356 and order them over the phone."
I am an idiot! Thanks. Jeez maybe someone should just order this for me because apparently I cannot read or follow simple directions!! LOL. I am a day ahead (12 hours actually) so I will order tonight my time. Probably take a month to get here too! Great info on this site Adventure riders site too. I have put this thing through hell and it is still taking care of business so everyone should be/will be impressed with the durability of these bikes!!
macinthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #1368
Tommyrg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by macinthailand View Post
Sorry.... I asked again after some others posted some info. I didn't see yours before posting. Thanks for this. Where, if you recall, did you get this info from? I pulled the spring side (right) apart and drained and measured the amount. Given you info, I have lost almost half of what's supposed to be in there. That is possibile too because when I got back from one ride my boot and engine case was covered in fork oil.
This came out of my manual it may be of by a half Oz plus or minus
Tommyrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #1369
Tommyrg
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by macinthailand View Post
Sorry.... I asked again after some others posted some info. I didn't see yours before posting. Thanks for this. Where, if you recall, did you get this info from? I pulled the spring side (right) apart and drained and measured the amount. Given you info, I have lost almost half of what's supposed to be in there. That is possibile too because when I got back from one ride my boot and engine case was covered in fork oil.
And the type of fluid Honda used was ss-8 my forks were kinda spongy so I put 30 wt. In it. Most people claim it stiffins theme but it just slow the compresion down witch in return feels stiffer on quick fire roads
Old 12-09-2012, 07:17 PM   #1370
Goon310
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by siyeh View Post
I just hit the 600 mile mark on my CRF. 100 dirt, 500 riding to work at 55 to 60 mph. It goes 60 in comfort. I have yet to interstate it and prolly won't.

Changed the oil yesterday and reused the filter cover gasket as the dealer did not have any in stock.
Anybody else just reuse the gasket? It does not leak so I should be ok?
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbrook View Post
The bike can certainly do highway speeds but not MUCH more. I'm sure it would get a bit redundant riding far on the highway. I'm not a highway person anyways, I like the back 2ndary roads. I've had mine doing 115-120km/hr comfortably.
Hmm.
I think it will be ok then.
The main riding area is about an hour away, and once I'm there I can stay off road for the most part.

I'd like to be able to do DS rides like LA-Barstow-Vegas.

I guess worst comes to worst, I could always throw on a big bore kit seeing as one is in development.
But like I said, I enjoy the low price point and simplicity of this bike.
Even Honda says oil change every 8K miles!
Goon310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #1371
macinthailand
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyrg View Post
And the type of fluid Honda used was ss-8 my forks were kinda spongy so I put 30 wt. In it. Most people claim it stiffins theme but it just slow the compresion down witch in return feels stiffer on quick fire roads
Perfect! Exactly what I am looking for. Appreciate the help. Now off to the shop to locate some oil!
macinthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:41 AM   #1372
koh kood
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
I made the small fairing out of fibreglass. Keeps the wind down a bit and the gps drier.

koh kood screwed with this post 12-10-2012 at 01:59 AM Reason: grammar
koh kood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:09 AM   #1373
Red_dog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
just wondering, with the clutch in, n stand down the bike should start right? i washed mine yesterday n now it refuses to start in anything but N with the stand down..even stopped in gear, with the clutch in, it still dies. any ideas?
1993 Barina- Sigh...
Red_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:21 AM   #1374
Tommyrg
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_dog View Post
just wondering, with the clutch in, n stand down the bike should start right? i washed mine yesterday n now it refuses to start in anything but N with the stand down..even stopped in gear, with the clutch in, it still dies. any ideas?
My 250l has never started in gear with the stand down, it also wont stay running in gear, with the clutch in when you swing the stand down...been like that since mile 0
Old 12-10-2012, 06:07 AM   #1375
Bob80
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by koh kood View Post
I made the small fairing out of fibreglass. Keeps the wind down a bit and the gps drier.
Looks good, and great idea .Got anymore pic's from different angle?, Does it make much of a difference? and How much to Canada if ya decide to produce them?...lol
Bob80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:14 AM   #1376
G19Tony
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goon310 View Post
Hmm.
I think it will be ok then.
The main riding area is about an hour away, and once I'm there I can stay off road for the most part.

I'd like to be able to do DS rides like LA-Barstow-Vegas.

I guess worst comes to worst, I could always throw on a big bore kit seeing as one is in development.
But like I said, I enjoy the low price point and simplicity of this bike.
Even Honda says oil change every 8K miles!
Two friends of mine did LAB2V on a CRF100 and a TTR125. I think our CRFL's will make it, no problem.

Nothing's too cruel if it's funny enough.
G19Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:37 AM   #1377
goondock
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Best Dual Sport Bikes Folding Shifter

There was some talk a couple pages back of people asking about folding shift levers. Just picked one up from Best Dual Sport Bikes. My review is the shifter looks nice and functions as it should from my rough measurements the shifter is basically the same size as the stock one.. It feels pretty much the same too maybe a little longer but not much to make any difference.

Summary: Lite, Sweet looking shifter at a good price. Haven't laid the bike down yet so I can't speak on durability but I feel safer with this one on there as opposed to the non folding stock one. here are some photos of my rough measurements.

goondock screwed with this post 12-10-2012 at 07:53 AM
goondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:45 AM   #1378
Goon310
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19Tony View Post
Two friends of mine did LAB2V on a CRF100 and a TTR125. I think our CRFL's will make it, no problem.
Was reading about a trio that did it on Honda Trail 90's.
High speed.. er, Low Speed - Low drag? LOL

Hoping to pick up my 250L end of the month.
Goon310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #1379
G19Tony
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by koh kood View Post
Nice work!

Nothing's too cruel if it's funny enough.
G19Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #1380
Tommyrg
Adventurer

Cool2

Well I guess the drc brake light/turn indicator combo is coming sooner than I though

broke the tail light section in a wheely