Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 08:44 AM   #1756
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
But work within the suspension parameters and I think you have a fine machine for most people. Especially the Starbucks crowd. But they are riding an image not a bike. People who do real riding will be well served,
+1

I wonder what it would take to upgrade the stock suspenders to something more suitable for a thrashing off-road? Moot point until (if) Honda USA ever pulls their head from their arse, but it's an interesting mental exercise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
The XTourer seems to me to be a lot better "UJM" than the CB. It's definitely got more U. Honda USA seem a bit clueless. Either that or they do know their customers and people on here are not "normal".
I think "not normal" is the "normal" here , and indeed Honda USA are clueless gits. They got burned back in the late 80's when they imported the Transalp here (for a whopping 2 years!) and no one wanted that leviathan. But the market here has come full circle and people are realizing that specialized bikes are fine for those who have the garage space and can afford 3+ machines, but for the "1 bike family" a do-it-all steed makes a lot of sense. Now Honda USA is being muelish and refusing to import a bike that could be making them some $$$. Instead, they are importing a bike that will certainly sell (in their minds....if they sell 10 CBs in a year I'd be amazed) and leave the CT off the list ("those Americans didn't want a bike like that 20 years ago so certainly they don't want that now.....let's just ignore all the market data that says the adv-touring segment is the only one that's growing" ). I guess they figure they won't get fired if they don't make a lot of money, but they WILL get fired if they lose a bunch.....oh wait, they're gonna get canned for wasting the $$$ to homologate and import the CB! Imbeciles.....

-SM
Sock Monkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #1757
johnny_on_the_spot
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by droid View Post
hoping to sort out the touchy throttle although most are not experienceing this snatchy throttle like i, so anyway hoping it makes a difference for me

the bike is apart and in the shed waiting for the new bits to arrive: K&N and an FRK performance module

peace out bros
Agreed, the throttle is "sprightly" to say the least! Looking to tone this down with some grip puppies.

They are in the post!

CHeers,

Johnny
johnny_on_the_spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #1758
Carl Down Under
Aussiwican

Oddometer: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moronic View Post
Can't believe they skipped the electronic cruise control tho.
Hear, hear! I'm waiting and hoping that by the time I'm ready to buy they'll catch up with the new competition like Triumph and Aprilia who are all coming out with cruise. And switchable ABS would be nice.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:46 PM   #1759
Two Plugs OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Down Under View Post
Hear, hear! I'm waiting and hoping that by the time I'm ready to buy they'll catch up with the new competition like Triumph and Aprilia who are all coming out with cruise. And switchable ABS would be nice.
Well... Honda has a reputation of not listening to its (potential) custommers, so I wouldn't put money on that one...

For the Q of replacing suspension vv costs...

I did the trick on the Varadero and the job on the CT doesn't look to much alien from the XL1000V:

- Fully adjustable rear shock unit + 2 progressive front fork springs incl oil / labour € 1.100,- incl 21% VAT.

Prices elsewhere on the planet must be cheaper than where I live (The Netherlands - the far most expensive country in Europe...)

Just to give you an idea.

22-25 May 2015: 17th Varadero & 4rd Crosstourer International Meeting, Milau, France!
Two Plugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #1760
sweetlu
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
I was at my local Honda dealer today, and he indicated that Honda is suppose to release three new models in February. He hopes its the new Xtourer, but said most likely Honda will price it around $20K
sweetlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #1761
sleepyOwl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlu View Post
I was at my local Honda dealer today, and he indicated that Honda is suppose to release three new models in February. He hopes its the new Xtourer, but said most likely Honda will price it around $20K
Possibly talking about the three variants of the 2013 500's?

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne...ew-honda-500s/

Everything is Amazing and No one is Happy

sleepyOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #1762
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedScot View Post

Didn't I already sit on a CB500 today at the new bike show?
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:52 PM   #1763
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedScot View Post

that's old news on different bikes.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350
eakins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:56 PM   #1764
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlu View Post
when he said Honda was we referring to corporate as in brand new models or just Honda NA referring to new models now being sold in the US?

if it's brand new models, the updated ST/Pan euro is to be built on this same platform so that could be 1 of them.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350
eakins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:33 AM   #1765
3B43
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
A friend of mine owns a m/c shop...Kawasaki & Susuki. I was lusting for a new bike and the only one that wetted my lust was the Ducati MTS. I told him that if one of the 4 major company's made something I wanted, I'd buy it...a MTS 'clone', but a GSXR/R1/etc. A R1, with hard bags/ up right riding position/etc would be a GREAT bike, but they won't build if, or if they do, it'll be 2-3 yrs too late. He said 'they' don't do things that way and take years to introduce something new.
3B43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #1766
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 8,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3B43 View Post
A R1, with hard bags/ up right riding position/etc would be a GREAT bike, but they won't build if, or if they do, it'll be 2-3 yrs too late. He said 'they' don't do things that way and take years to introduce something new.
Yamaha's been building it for years, it's called the FZ-1.
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #1767
sweetlu
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
when he said Honda was we referring to corporate as in brand new models or just Honda NA referring to new models now being sold in the US?

if it's brand new models, the updated ST/Pan euro is to be built on this same platform so that could be 1 of them.
Honda US, he knew about the releases last month as we were talking about the CB1100. In addition, he did mentioned about the upcoming update to the ST1300.
sweetlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:28 PM   #1768
3B43
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
I had an '08 FZ1 and put 25000 miles on it in 2.5 yrs, but it does not have when suspension, brakes AND motor of an R1! I put an Ohlin on the rear, Givi V35's + a host of other changes. It's a hell'eva bike for the $$$, but.....I'd be happy to pay the extra $$$ for the up grade in brakes/suspension and motor. I sold it 4 months ago, to a good friend of mine, and bought the bike I'd been lusting for....a Ducati MTS!
3B43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:50 PM   #1769
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 8,904
A couple friends of mine who own FZ1s just bought those parts from wrecked R1s and swapped them in.
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:11 AM   #1770
RocketJohn
Hook em' Horns!

Oddometer: 11,303
Honda should bring in an ST with the 1200 VFR motor and the DCT transmission. They have already reduced the ridiculous amount of cruiser models.

But yes, the CrossTourer should be imported here...
RocketJohn is offline   Reply With Quote