ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 11:48 PM   #16
Idarider
R1200GS

Oddometer: 1,953
Like last year I am interested and I may make it this year.

Last year I got to meet HellsAlien and then a week later had an interesting evening with two of your bunch showing them the best way from Pierce to Grangeville on my R12. Got to see what happens when a dirt bike kisses a minivan ( very gently) , though I never saw any pictures so it probably didn't happen.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #17
Kinsman
Ribs....for her pleasure

Oddometer: 3,786
OK, watching this thread. Should be able to do most of it. I'll pack a huge griddle and Timmer can do flapjacks every morning.

Schreckendgust Field, Montana

Kinsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:33 AM   #18
Wansfel
50 yrs on 2 wheels

Oddometer: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsman View Post
OK, watching this thread. Should be able to do most of it. I'll pack a huge griddle and Timmer can do flapjacks every morning.
What??? No ribs?
Wansfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:58 AM   #19
Danodemotoman
Danodemotoman

Oddometer: 251
Count me in!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #20
Roadglide
Riding since 1965

Oddometer: 28
I'm in

Last years ride was great. Count me in again this year.
Roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:36 PM   #21
Timmer OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsman View Post
In on flipping the flapjacks.
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100
Timmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:53 AM   #22
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,189
Interested.....Very

I'll try to get a group together for the RideWest presentation in February. We did the Lolo/Magruder thang about 6 yrs ago and adding the Gravelly's would be great. dd
...what this really wants is an outgoing, gregarious, driven, type A; an extrovert, Alpha male P.T. Barnum salesman type with little time left to examine his life or to worry about knocking things off the coffee table with his tail....John Burns

I got the right gal when gas WAS $19 cents a gallon she's has put up with me for 58 years...AK Bike
dammitdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #23
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,628
I wanted to do it last year, but had a conflict. I'm in for this year.
sorebutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:27 PM   #24
tommybelvedere
Adv alacarte'

Oddometer: 416
Lets ride

I was looking at Timmers planned route and would be interested in going along with you guys if theres room for another. The ride through the Gravellys looks amazing and we also missed the Macgruder last years ride do to faulty ranger info at Darby.
TB
tommybelvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #25
Timmer OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommybelvedere View Post
I was looking at Timmers planned route and would be interested in going along with you guys if theres room for another. The ride through the Gravellys looks amazing and we also missed the Macgruder last years ride do to faulty ranger info at Darby.
TB
Unless we get 20+, the size of the group is of no issue. Besides, we always break down into natural groups of 2-3 and meet up either periodically throughout the or hopefully at night at camp. We only had to send out two search parties last year!

The Gravellies are that good and it's why I'm trying to plan for 2 days there. We will have to skip some of what we did last year to do that and ride a bit more tarmac, but it's so worth it. Pictures simply don't do it justice as the others will I'm sure concur.

Timmer
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100
Old 12-10-2012, 07:05 AM   #26
RestlessRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 227
Tim,

Last year's ride looked fantastic. If not for lack of vacation days I would commit for the trip right away. Ride West BMW is a very good place to share your story, one of the best dealerships I have ever been to. I was curious what the actual route looked like last year, if you have a detailed route of last year's trip please forward it to me.

Cheers,
RestlessRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer View Post
Unless we get 20+, the size of the group is of no issue. Besides, we always break down into natural groups of 2-3 and meet up either periodically throughout the or hopefully at night at camp. We only had to send out two search parties last year!

The Gravellies are that good and it's why I'm trying to plan for 2 days there. We will have to skip some of what we did last year to do that and ride a bit more tarmac, but it's so worth it. Pictures simply don't do it justice as the others will I'm sure concur.

Timmer
RestlessRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #27
Wansfel
50 yrs on 2 wheels

Oddometer: 997
Here is my full route from 2012 (US 12 pavement x2 and Selway to get to start/from finish)

Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RestlessRider View Post
Tim,

Last year's ride looked fantastic. If not for lack of vacation days I would commit for the trip right away. Ride West BMW is a very good place to share your story, one of the best dealerships I have ever been to. I was curious what the actual route looked like last year, if you have a detailed route of last year's trip please forward it to me.

Cheers,
RestlessRider
Wansfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #28
Timmer OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wansfel View Post
Here is my full route from 2012 (US 12 pavement x2 and Selway to get to start/from finish)

Ron

Yup, that's what it looked like! I do have tracks for every day and for me, it's another 400 or so miles each way to get there.
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100
Old 12-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #29
jjmyzrider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer View Post

Timmer
You sure do enjoy those Gravs there are plenty of good side roads that drop down to the Madison, and off the other side to the Ruby. You should be able to discover a lot of cool things if you spend a couple of days up there. Give me a PM if you have any questions on any of that area.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #30
Timmer OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmyzrider View Post
You sure do enjoy those Gravs there are plenty of good side roads that drop down to the Madison, and off the other side to the Ruby. You should be able to discover a lot of cool things if you spend a couple of days up there. Give me a PM if you have any questions on any of that area.
Yes, I do like the Gravs!

The challenge with riding the east side of the Gravellies is the lack of fuel locations. When I rode there last summer on a scouting mission, there was fuel in West Yellowstone and then in Ennis. What would be cool would be if a local rancher could be persuaded to haul up a 50 gallon drum to the top of the Gravellies and we could refuel up there and continue adventuring. It would be nice to ride up and down some of the various side roads connecting the ridge road and say, the Ruby River road.
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100