Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Alaska
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 11:33 PM   #16
Fighter
Head Gruver

Oddometer: 4,671
Words cannot express the feeling I got when SpousalUnit called me way back re: the "news"
I kept it under my helmet because I didn't know what to say then..... and still don't..... other than their isn't a single rider in this group of northern misfits that doesn't care deeply about your situation.
Stay strong and know that both of you are in my/our thoughts.

See you in Dawson.
Fite

Fighter screwed with this post 11-30-2012 at 12:41 AM
Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:50 PM   #17
AK Bob
AKAM

Oddometer: 192
I Agree

That is the definition of amen..
'84 R100rt
'88 R100gs
AK Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:15 AM   #18
f650624
Snowbird

Oddometer: 71
Kevin and Annie, Our prayers and best wishes to you. Gary and Kay
f650624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:52 AM   #19
theshnizzle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 648
I coloured my hair pink in support of cancer awareness!

wait, it was already pink.......never mind...........

But when you get your hair back,I can come down and color it for you. It'll perk you right up!

All my best wishes for you K and way to go A,I know it's a hard road for the support person.
theshnizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #20
Spousal Unit
Concubine

We cannot thank all of you enough for the wonderful posts! Kevin is halfway through the treatment schedule, which they said would be rough. Well, they were not kidding, so,in true ADV fashion he decided to take them up on the offer of a bed at the local medical establishment. He is partaking of an amazing array of IV fluids, none of which include beer.
Ativan ( or "patient compliance drug") has become his new BFF.
He still has his ascerbic, pithy, biting, sarcastic sense of humor......apparently that does not respond to radiation.
The silver lining according to him is that this occurred just as the riding season was winding down and he has lost weight!

He has great Docs, the nurses are wonderful, and we will catch up on the delayed motorcycle maintenance later on this winter. Will keep you updated as things are continuing to evolve, but we are very positive about this treatment. Life is good, hug those you love, and keep cheering on Hackeymoto and Team USA!
07 F650GS Thumper / 11 F650GS Twin
Spousal Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:37 AM   #21
friar mike
IronButtGruver

Oddometer: 4,909
Hey Kevin you said you have the couch ready for me in March so you are not allowed to go anywhere just yet I will shave my head in your honer well its dam near there all ready heres praying for you buddy
Good-Bad-Iam the guy with the gun "evil dead"
God's speed Rommel run free my dog
friar mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:26 PM   #22
Katoomer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,476
Been enjoying yours Annie's company always. Love the humor. Sincerely wish you the best and a full recovery. Want to visit next year.

God bless you and your family.
Katoomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:53 AM   #23
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
Words cannot express the feeling I got when SpousalUnit called me way back re: the "news"
I kept it under my helmet because I didn't know what to say then..... and still don't..... other than their isn't a single rider in this group of northern misfits that doesn't care deeply about your situation.
Stay strong and know that both of you are in my/our thoughts.

See you in Dawson.
Fite
That goes for a whole bunch of misfits to the south that Kevin has helped many times over when making plans to visit the northland. Best wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery!!!!!!
FLARider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #24
GRIZ
COMMANDANT

Oddometer: 1,013
Yo Annie...any updates?
Old 12-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #25
Kul Mom
aka sKul Marm

Oddometer: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIZ View Post
Yo Annie...any updates?
Kul Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:06 PM   #26
Spousal Unit
Concubine

Laugh

Hey all,
Sorry I haven't been quicker on the updates. Yesterday I was shoveling out from the 14 inches of snow not predicted by the local weatherman! Temps in the single digits, but way warmer than most of you.

Kevin will be in the hospital for at least another 4-5 weeks. He has 11 more radiation treatments and 5 more days of chemo, with the treatments all ending 21 December. Effects of those will continue to degrade his system for at least two weeks, before any healing will begin. He has to be able to eat real food before they will release him.

He has more lines and fluids going into him than any aging, leaking bike that ALCAN Rider owns. The good news is these should all fix him, where Alcan's bikes are just........well, insert your own adjective here.

We are going day to day, things are changing daily some are good some not so much. This is pretty tough on him and the next 2 weeks they said will be rougher. He is hanging in there, but consistently not winning the best patient award. Who knew!?

Wish we could be at Alaska Leather for the Hacksters party, looking forward to seeing everyone at D2D!
07 F650GS Thumper / 11 F650GS Twin
Spousal Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:53 PM   #27
BARB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,788
Call the toll free number on the night of the 15th so we can all holler at you guys. It'll be fun. 877-562-2324. Take care of yourself. Barb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spousal Unit View Post
Hey all,
Sorry I haven't been quicker on the updates. Yesterday I was shoveling out from the 14 inches of snow not predicted by the local weatherman! Temps in the single digits, but way warmer than most of you.

Kevin will be in the hospital for at least another 4-5 weeks. He has 11 more radiation treatments and 5 more days of chemo, with the treatments all ending 21 December. Effects of those will continue to degrade his system for at least two weeks, before any healing will begin. He has to be able to eat real food before they will release him.

He has more lines and fluids going into him than any aging, leaking bike that ALCAN Rider owns. The good news is these should all fix him, where Alcan's bikes are just........well, insert your own adjective here.

We are going day to day, things are changing daily some are good some not so much. This is pretty tough on him and the next 2 weeks they said will be rougher. He is hanging in there, but consistently not winning the best patient award. Who knew!?

Wish we could be at Alaska Leather for the Hacksters party, looking forward to seeing everyone at D2D!
Old 12-09-2012, 05:39 PM   #28
The Dick
CFDVN/BRICK

Oddometer: 377
I of course won't be at the party either, Top of the World closed due to severe weather conditions and panty hose border people.

Remind the K man that I can't do it without him and so just being a little selfish, just kick the shit out of the demons for me!

Lots of good energy coming in from all over the globe, take as much as you need!

Standing by in the cheering section.
The Dick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #29
MotoMamma
Living Life

Oddometer: 1,089
Annie

Thank you for the update!!!

All of us have a thousand wishes. A cancer patient only has one wish, to kick cancer's ass.
MotoMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:29 AM   #30
TheSeeker
Slingin' Steel

Oddometer: 198
Wink Give 'em hell Kevin...

Hey Kevin and Annie, Sorry to hear the bad news... Good thing is those demons couldn't have picked a tougher fight! Stay strong these next few weeks Kevin and then heal up real good.

We're thinking of you at the shop here in Fairbanks! Sending lots of well wishes and some really cold weather to chase that pesky snow away.

Looking forward to a pint this summer along with healthy doses of throttle therapy.
TheSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote