Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #1381
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond

Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyrg View Post
Well I guess the drc brake light/turn indicator combo is coming sooner than I though

broke the tail light section in a wheely

A wheelie??? Pics or it just tipped over...

MentalGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #1382
NesquikNinja
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 292
Quote:
Well I guess the drc brake light/turn indicator combo is coming sooner than I though
Ha! I did that on my old triumph....only instead of breaking the tail light, I broke the whole damn bike. Lesson learned

What have you guys done for a tach on the crf? Im going to cyclegear to get a tach/hourmeter tonight but I dont know how accurate it will be.....

Also, opinions on the Ricochet and similar skidplates vs the TCI version that has engine guards as well?

Rode to work today...wind chill is about 15F. That new Sedici Hotwired jacket is serving me quite well.
NesquikNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #1383
Tommyrg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalGuru View Post
A wheelie??? Pics or it just tipped over...

Haha it didnt just tip over this time. Can you see my pictures I posted or did I fail?
Old 12-10-2012, 03:49 PM   #1384
NesquikNinja
Gnarly Adventurer

My new ride

Figured Id share some pics....first dual sport. In the past its been an EX500, GS500, Daytona 675, R6, and a Versys

Ill never go dual sport-less again. To you more experienced guys, how do you determine what is fair game and what is illegal/disrespectful as far as leaving the pavement goes?

Never been offroad before....very fun. I tend to ride very casually 90% of the time and its nice enjoying the outdoors away from all the damn cars.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #1385
Harcomo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Just installed the Yoshimura fender eliminator kit

I ordered this kit late last Wednesday from CRF's Only and got it today (Monday) by FedEx.....talk about fast service! It installed easily and everything was a precision fit. I only had to cut three wires directly in front of the stock taillight and splice them to the stock wiring harness with the provided connectors. Everything else was just a bolt on. The LED taillight is plenty bright for as small as it is. I'm super pleased with it. I like things that go together right and fit right and Yoshimura's kit did just that. Very high quality all around. For those of you that are concerned with the weight of the CRFL, then something like this would seem to fit right in. I didn't weigh the before and after parts, but the weight savings is significant as I removed way more parts than I reinstalled. No pics yet but I can take pics if anyone is interested..... it looks just like the one on Yosh's website. . Overall, I'd give it a 10 on a scale of 1-10. If Yoshimura's pipes are as high quality as the fender eliminator kit, I may have to take a look at them when they come out.
Harcomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:52 PM   #1386
jtbek
ADV990R

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harcomo View Post
I ordered this kit late last Wednesday from CRF's Only and got it today (Monday) by FedEx.....talk about fast service! It installed easily and everything was a precision fit. I only had to cut three wires directly in front of the stock taillight and splice them to the stock wiring harness with the provided connectors. Everything else was just a bolt on. The LED taillight is plenty bright for as small as it is. I'm super pleased with it. I like things that go together right and fit right and Yoshimura's kit did just that. Very high quality all around. For those of you that are concerned with the weight of the CRFL, then something like this would seem to fit right in. I didn't weigh the before and after parts, but the weight savings is significant as I removed way more parts than I reinstalled. No pics yet but I can take pics if anyone is interested..... it looks just like the one on Yosh's website. . Overall, I'd give it a 10 on a scale of 1-10. If Yoshimura's pipes are as high quality as the fender eliminator kit, I may have to take a look at them when they come out.
pics never hurt.
jtbek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #1387
Guerillah
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
Quote:

Haha... I did the same to mine, not quite as bad as yours though. Go DRC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NesquikNinja View Post
Figured Id share some pics....first dual sport. In the past its been an EX500, GS500, Daytona 675, R6, and a Versys

Ill never go dual sport-less again. To you more experienced guys, how do you determine what is fair game and what is illegal/disrespectful as far as leaving the pavement goes?

Never been offroad before....very fun. I tend to ride very casually 90% of the time and its nice enjoying the outdoors away from all the damn cars.
Welcome to the club!

--------------

Here's a picture of the inside of the CRF250L airbox for anyone that is curious - decent overall. The oval opening is what goes directly to the throttle body, it is raised from the back of the airbox and is slightly trumpeted.

Guerillah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #1388
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond

Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Haha it didnt just tip over this time. Can you see my pictures I posted or did I fail?

I meant a pic of the wheelie....

Wait what do you mean "this time"? What?? So it wouldn't break when you knocked it over so you went vertical instead...

Either way its a great reason to revamp it's a$$. It looks much better with a tight little a$$...

MentalGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:26 AM   #1389
koh kood
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob80 View Post
Looks good, and great idea .Got anymore pic's from different angle?, Does it make much of a difference? and How much to Canada if ya decide to produce them?...lol
I don't think there'll be a production run. Quality control would be pretty dismal.
It does keep the wind of one's torso and doesn't effect the handling at all. I got the idea from a inmate in the DR 650 thread. He made his out of plastic. I altered the size and shape to fit the Honda and like I said made a mold and used fibreglass.
My next project is modify the killer seat.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:15 AM   #1390
Vspec
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
New 250L owner

First DS/Dirt oriented bike, went down 400cc and too much hp from an SV650S but never had so much fun riding that slow

Skid/bash plate and rear rack are first on the farkle list!
Vspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:49 AM   #1391
JapanLemon
-

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_dog View Post
Ricochet ATV Armour is your friend in regards to the bashplate. Best Dual Sport Bikes have a video on their site in regards to the Q4 pipe.
Thanks, doesn't sound too bad. My dealer over here also said the Q4 is street legal over here, so I might just do that. What I want to avoid is the need to wear earplugs, but I guess if it's neccessary or not is something very individual

I saw that Ricochet also ships to Japan. Shipping is 39$, but even with shipping it's cheaper than the cheapest bashplate I could find so far over here. Would be troublesome though if something is wrong with it when it arrives.

I'd prefer the AXP one though, will try to find out how much it'll cost me to get it here.

/edit: Found a shop in Japan who sells the AXP, 17.200 Yen, which is around 210 US$.

JapanLemon screwed with this post 12-11-2012 at 07:00 AM
JapanLemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:31 AM   #1392
outdoornate65
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
I just read last night on the "other" CRF250 thread, that seat concepts is about to release a "low" seat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by koh kood View Post

I don't think there'll be a production run. Quality control would be pretty dismal.
It does keep the wind of one's torso and doesn't effect the handling at all. I got the idea from a inmate in the DR 650 thread. He made his out of plastic. I altered the size and shape to fit the Honda and like I said made a mold and used fibreglass.
My next project is modify the killer seat.
outdoornate65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:12 AM   #1393
towman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Greetings All!

Last night I almost bought one, unfortunately the financial numbers just didn't work for me. I have to sell my current bike first, then I can buy the CRF.

Since this is going to be my only bike I'm a bit worried, since I ride to work daily, and my commute has a 10 miles freeway section. I'm planning to go from 120 HP to 17 HP :) . I owned bikes with low power before (DRZ, XRL, Ninja 250), I'm not worried about the fun factor, I just don't want to get trampled on the freeway by a SUV...

Also can someone tell me the title/registration fee of this bike in CA?

Thank you!
towman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:18 AM   #1394
NesquikNinja
Gnarly Adventurer

I took a huge cut in power as well, and I am NOT regretting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by towman View Post
Greetings All!

Last night I almost bought one, unfortunately the financial numbers just didn't work for me. I have to sell my current bike first, then I can buy the CRF.

Thank you!
I was in this same boat....not sure what its like where your at, but my dealer gave me several hundred more for my ride on trade in than I couldve sold it for, and let me keep the accessories. I only had to pay sales taxes on the difference and sold my accessories to make up the difference that I paid for the bike.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:50 AM   #1395
Harcomo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Here are a few pics of the Yoshimura Fender Eliminator Kit installed.....really cleans up the rear end of the bike.

Harcomo is offline   Reply With Quote