Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #151
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southmt View Post
I'm willing to fixum up, with no promise of just when. I can do some printing/graphics too. Been a while since I've seen it, is the basic frame and posts and roof in tolerable shape? Is the box with the plexiglass something that can be removed and replaced? I'm thinking of working in the shop, rather than on site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
Cool! Count me in for some material and labor. We just need the approval of the powers behind the curtain.

Bob, could you print up something that would honor the history of the club and would be big enough to fill up the display? Maybe a trail map too? Maybe we need an artwork meeting over a few refreshments.
This is assuming it would be OK to do something to that eyesore-I mean artifact!

Can someone send a bat signal to the board? We have volunteers.
Awesome!! Count me in for materials and/or labor!
Old 12-10-2012, 08:08 PM   #152
tilliejacques
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMTrailboss View Post
Late getting these up, but here are a few photos of the lower class section I was scoring at the last event.

Great showing by all our morning riders!!!
Thanks to you too, NMTrailboss, for getting pics with feet on the pegs! And, if you look closely, your section was so easy that I must've fallen asleep while riding...or wait, was that right before I crashed and burned???

cheers
08 Beta Rev3 125
tilliejacques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #153
grizzzly
The Pre-Banned Version

Oddometer: 3,051
Quote:
This sign is probably sufficient for the front gate area. I think it is way cool and pretty much says it all.

The one thing that I am kinda worried about is the sign out front, yes it is a nice sign but it encourages hiking, mountain biking, canyon scrambling, and bird watching. And if a lot of those type of people start showing up we will probably get kicked out.

I just think all the signs in the area should stress that this is a trials motorcycle area

I would love to get permission to rebuild this sign if we can agree on the wording

grizzzly screwed with this post 12-10-2012 at 08:23 PM
grizzzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #154
Gordy OP
Team Listo

Oddometer: 20,735
Bob, I can look at it closer next weekend if we ride and get you some better pics and some ideas on what it would take We have built a few outdoor type bulletin boards for construction projects. The biggest problem is waterproofing the doors. We have found it easier to just laminate everything and screw down a sheet of plastic over it all.

If this is to be a permanent shrine then maybe a painted sign would be better. What would that kind of a deal cost us?
We could still cover it with plastic to minimize vandalism. I'm just tossing ideas out here.
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #155
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilliejacques View Post
Thanks to you too, NMTrailboss, for getting pics with feet on the pegs! And, if you look closely, your section was so easy that I must've fallen asleep while riding...or wait, was that right before I crashed and burned???

cheers
I got a photo of you crashed and burned...I'm just being nice!

I'll just keep it in the bank until the next time you pick on me!!

Old 12-10-2012, 08:43 PM   #156
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 2,833
SY Sign Assessment, Remedial Measure, Restoration and Implementation Plan. The SYSARMRIP. After we perform the FONZI and the NEPA report, I think then maybe introduce senate house bill SB-BR549, and proof that our building materials contain no lead since the trials heathens do eat motorcycles and signs, and of course with board approval..........Should be good to go.

Count me in, generator, materials, screws, saws and I will have my PhD at hand (post hole digger).

Offer free beer and the masses will come.
AteamNM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:43 PM   #157
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzzly View Post
The one thing that I am kinda worried about is the sign out front, yes it is a nice sign but it encourages hiking, mountain biking, canyon scrambling, and bird watching. And if a lot of those type of people start showing up we will probably get kicked out.

I just think all the signs in the area should stress that this is a trials motorcycle area

I would love to get permission to rebuild this sign if we can agree on the wording
Only problem with that grizzz is the area IS open to those activities, so I doubt they are going to allow redoing the sign.

Quote from BLM website on San Ysidro Trials Area:

"San Ysidro Trials Area

The San Ysidro Trials Area is a unique slot canyon area that offers recreation for anyone with an appreciation of natural wonders. The entire recreation area lies at the southern tip of the Jemez Mountain range and is open for hiking, primitive camping, equestrian activities, and mechanical vehicles such as mountain bikes. The area is closed to off-road motorized vehicles except for the special use permitted to the New Mexico Trials Association who uses the area for competitive and practice events."
Old 12-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #158
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,768
Curtis is correct. The original signs just included NMTA with the note of contacting the ALB. office. The wording still has us first, with bike riders included. All BLM land is open usually so just making the complainers happy. I did post pictures of the old brochure on yahoo groups. (guess i need to do photo bucket etc to get current. Damn clouders.)
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #159
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 2,833
Diane and Budd did this in what, 2000 or earlier? I say be out of the closet. Lets push for capitol improvements. The BLM will furnish supplies, they just need the free labor. I would love to see a pavilion there, bathrooms and leveled RV designated parking spots and an expanded parking area. Why not show case this for the BLM and display awesome stewardship. Ultimately, road repair in select areas.

AteamNM screwed with this post 12-10-2012 at 09:17 PM
AteamNM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #160
Gordy OP
Team Listo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMTrailboss View Post

The San Ysidro Trials Area is a unique slot canyon area that offers recreation for anyone with an appreciation of natural wonders. The entire recreation area lies at the southern tip of the Jemez Mountain range and is open for hiking, primitive camping, equestrian activities, and mechanical vehicles such as mountain bikes. The area is closed to off-road motorized vehicles except for the special use permitted to the New Mexico Trials Association who uses the area for competitive and practice events." [/FONT]
That would be good to put on a sign. Maybe right on the gate. I get tired of all the stink eye from guys when I walk up to the gate, unlock it and drive in. If we could get the BLM to furnish said sign, all the better.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #161
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,768
That`s how we got all the lookers out there. BLM`s website and a few others tooting the horn of what a grand day hike san ysidro has to offer . The sign should say ` Dead End Indian Land Tribal law applies!`
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:21 PM   #162
grizzzly
The Pre-Banned Version

Oddometer: 3,051
I just don’t like the idea of advertising the other activities

grizzzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:41 AM   #163
Southmt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
Quote:

If this is to be a permanent shrine then maybe a painted sign would be better. What would that kind of a deal cost us?
We could still cover it with plastic to minimize vandalism. I'm just tossing ideas out here.
I'm thinking something without 'doors', since it won't be accessed often. That way it can be sealed (but ventilated) and one end can unscrew for access. That'll keep things tidy in there. Preferably kind of independent of the post/backboard/roof structure.

Yah, a writeup with club history and all is certainly possible.

I also have a brochure I got at the BLM office some time ago.
Southmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:52 AM   #164
Gordy OP
Team Listo

This is interesting. Remember the Gallup kiosk?

I was lloking at Tread Lightly's site. Yes......that is where we go in 2012 to look for information....but I digress..... and I saw where they will give up to a $1,000 grant for trail improvements, clean up days, etc. So I clicked on what was going on with them in NM and this came up.

Applicant: Red Rock Motorsports

Start Date: January 2012

Summary: Informational signage and entry-way kiosk for a new OHV park in New Mexico. The grant will help to supplement other funding secured through the RTP grant program.

Does anyone know if NMTA is a member of Tread LIghtly? If we are, we can apply for a grant to do some stuff.

http://treadlightly.org/tread-lightl...grant-program/
Old 12-11-2012, 07:54 AM   #165
Gordy OP
Team Listo

If not, I make a motion that we join.

http://treadlightly.org/members/club-memberships/

Can I have a second?