Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #3946
Montauk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonk View Post
Anyone worried about tire selection for the new size tires?
You don't have choice, water cooled can come in one of three diff tires all same size just diff manufacturer
Montauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #3947
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 2,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetrogradE View Post
1. We don't even know what the bike will cost yet, so to extrapolate the cost of plastics is a strange past-time.

2. "Not very much money" is a relative concept, but I've found anything "OEM" isn't cheap at all.
I was using the cost of the parts off of a current model year as the basis for my statement. I would be amazed if they were dramatically different in price, I suppose we'll know the real answer soon. If one wants to change the color of their bike without sacrificing their panels and the resale value of their bike, swapping panels or buying oem painted ones is a cost effective way of doing so. Well, at least I think it is.

Thanks EJ.
oalvarez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #3948
dixonk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montauk View Post
You don't have choice, water cooled can come in one of three diff tires all same size just diff manufacturer
Coming from a K16 with a crappy selection of available tires this is the only thing that worries me. Oh well hopefully the manufacturers come out with something by March.
dixonk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #3949
tallguy-09
Smile 4 Miles

Oddometer: 1,436
Led dot

tallguy-09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #3950
EJ_92606
Rider

Oddometer: 1,778
Yeap! good catch. The BMW rep at the Long Beach show this weekend also confirmed that the LEDs have been DOT approved.
EJ_92606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #3951
tallguy-09
Smile 4 Miles

Oddometer: 1,436
Curious about that feature, is it still there?

tallguy-09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:19 PM   #3952
Montauk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallguy-09 View Post
Montauk: Great pictures!!!
Thank you.
Montauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:11 PM   #3953
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_92606 View Post
Yeap! good catch. The BMW rep at the Long Beach show this weekend also confirmed that the LEDs have been DOT approved.
They wouldn't be able to sell the bike otherwise. I've got five bikes in my garage of various vintages and every one has a DOT embossed on its headlight(s).

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:34 PM   #3954
EJ_92606
Rider

Oddometer: 1,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
They wouldn't be able to sell the bike otherwise. I've got five bikes in my garage of various vintages and every one has a DOT embossed on its headlight(s).

- Mark
Of course they would....without the optional LED headlights. Just the same as they sell bikes in the US without the LED turn signals that come on the same models in the rest of the world because they are not DOT approved.

EJ_92606 screwed with this post 12-10-2012 at 11:35 PM Reason: added turn signal reference
EJ_92606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:34 AM   #3955
Bundu
===============

Oddometer: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggrell3000 View Post
dear forum and bmw people ( if any bmw people actually read these threads )

bmw has hit the ball out of the park with the new r1200gs lc . the 2013 r1200gs lc is the best two wheeled vehicle ever designed by any motorcycle company and instantly obsoletes every other motorcycle presently manufactured including the entire bmw lineup . this bike is built to take abuse in all terrains and weather conditions and last for three hundred thousand miles . the bmw r1200gs lc has exactly everything you want and nothing you don't . it is the modern day equivalent of a luxury suv and will never go out of style . the beauty of this bike is in its total appearance of long lasting dependability and power to spare . there is no better all around motorcycle than the 2013 bmw r1200gs lc . if you want to race -- get a yamaha r1 . if you want to be sporty -- get a bmw r1300s . if you want to be stylish -- get a moto guzzi california . if you are in the market for a two wheeled machine whose appearance is dictated strictly by performance and reliability -- the bmw r1200gs lc is the only real motorcycle available .

doggrell3000
new york ny
all I can say http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rNXP2ndT9M
Bundu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:56 AM   #3956
khale
ride dirty

Oddometer: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_92606 View Post
Of course they would....without the optional LED headlights. Just the same as they sell bikes in the US without the LED turn signals that come on the same models in the rest of the world because they are not DOT approved.
I don't think it's a deal breaker if it doesn't have LED headlight or turn signals, just disappointing. We all know how fast paced and modern the US gov't is.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:35 AM   #3957
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by khale View Post
We all know how fast paced and modern the US gov't is.
Yeah, especially DOT can make the Vatican seem modern, rushed, and precipitous ...
cug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #3958
Aldebaran
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggrell3000 View Post
dear forum and bmw people ( if any bmw people actually read these threads )

bmw has hit the ball out of the park with the new r1200gs lc . the 2013 r1200gs lc is the best two wheeled vehicle ever designed by any motorcycle company and instantly obsoletes every other motorcycle presently manufactured including the entire bmw lineup . this bike is built to take abuse in all terrains and weather conditions and last for three hundred thousand miles . the bmw r1200gs lc has exactly everything you want and nothing you don't . it is the modern day equivalent of a luxury suv and will never go out of style . the beauty of this bike is in its total appearance of long lasting dependability and power to spare . there is no better all around motorcycle than the 2013 bmw r1200gs lc . if you want to race -- get a yamaha r1 . if you want to be sporty -- get a bmw r1300s . if you want to be stylish -- get a moto guzzi california . if you are in the market for a two wheeled machine whose appearance is dictated strictly by performance and reliability -- the bmw r1200gs lc is the only real motorcycle available .

doggrell3000
new york ny

Good one ! I really like your sens of humour ! at first I thought you were serious ! Thanks , you made my day !!!
Aldebaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #3959
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 48,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallguy-09 View Post
Curious about that feature, is it still there?

They were only that way on the 2010-2012 bikes anyhow. Most still added ROX Risers to get more up and back. IMHO Not a big deal.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #3960
kindofblue
Ride it like you stole it

Oddometer: 822
Or you could have the panels covered in vinyl in a different color or pattern which you could always take off when you eventually sell the bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
I was using the cost of the parts off of a current model year as the basis for my statement. I would be amazed if they were dramatically different in price, I suppose we'll know the real answer soon. If one wants to change the color of their bike without sacrificing their panels and the resale value of their bike, swapping panels or buying oem painted ones is a cost effective way of doing so. Well, at least I think it is.

Thanks EJ.
Get saddlesore when riding? Check these shorts out

kindofblue is offline   Reply With Quote