ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #3361
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 16,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by baiku View Post
Planning another one?

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #3362
drc42
Rally Dreamer

Oddometer: 1,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilClown View Post
Not allowed until you finish the RR from the first one lol3:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #3363
EvilClown

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc42 View Post
Not allowed until you finish the RR from the first one lol3:

It's on the list. One step closer the other day.

How's the knee healing up?

Old 12-12-2012, 10:06 PM   #3364
drc42
Rally Dreamer

Oddometer: 1,785
Quote:
It's on the list. One step closer the other day.

How's the knee healing up?
Today ended up being a good day. Went in for surgery #2 to clean out scar tissue that was preventing me from bending more than 100 deg. While I was under anesthesia the doctor was able to just force it and break up the scar tissue. Did not have to go in.

Next 10 to 14 days are going to be tough. I do intensive pt every day to make sure I don't loose what we gained today. Won't have the benefit of general anesthesia for that.

Already thinking of plans for when I recover. Would like to race the Mexican 1000 again this spring if I can get myself back in shape in time. The challenge should keep me motivated.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:45 PM   #3365
NHBill
Loosely Wrapped

Oddometer: 1,381
Quote:
I'm jealous...
"There's a very fine line dividing bravery from stupidity..."
2009 F650GS
NHBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:52 AM   #3366
EvilClown

Sing along. You know the words.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:47 PM   #3367
baiku OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,276
Winter solstice is tonight, friends. It's all downhill from here! The northern NE mantra is (as I remember it): cold, mud, bugs, then nice a bit, then cold again.

baiku screwed with this post 12-21-2012 at 07:07 PM
baiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:00 PM   #3368
Fire Escape
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,488
(Past) Time to Go South

Quote:
Originally Posted by baiku View Post
Winter solstice is tonight, friends. It's all downhill from here! The northern NE mantra is (as I remember it): cold, mud, bugs, then nice a bit, then cold again.

See you in the spring, mostly packed and should be on the road in the morning. Had a call today from one of my fishing buddies, said the fishing is great but that he had just turned off his air-conditioner for the first time this month - going to get down to the 50's tonight and tomorrow night but then warm back up. Gator-aide is already in the fridge, freeze-pops in the freezer, I can live with that!

Bruce
06 DR 650, Moose RS Holder, Handguards and Skidplate, ProTaper bars, Garmin 60CSx, Motech racks w/ 20mm Ammo cans, Renazco, TKCs summer/17" SM wheels winter 08 Scrambler, Conti Trail Attacks and BlackTiger Fork mod, 05 FSE 450, 03 KLR 250, 02 FXDX, 72 WR 250 (again), 72 SL 350 K2 (again), 72 TR6R, 06 XT 225
Fire Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:45 PM   #3369
Poacher Bob
Persona non grata

Oddometer: 2,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Escape View Post
See you in the spring, mostly packed and should be on the road in the morning. Had a call today from one of my fishing buddies, said the fishing is great but that he had just turned off his air-conditioner for the first time this month - going to get down to the 50's tonight and tomorrow night but then warm back up. Gator-aide is already in the fridge, freeze-pops in the freezer, I can live with that!

Bruce
Poacher Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:37 PM   #3370
AndyCap
Mineral Oil Anyone?

Oddometer: 1,426
Quote:
In the words of the late Crocodile Hunter, "Gorgeous!"
AndyCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #3371
henrymartin
Mr. Tourguide

Oddometer: 3,300
I've got an early Christmas surprise today.

But first, let me backtrack a little. A few weeks ago, a riding buddy emailed me that his wife gave him the green light on getting a better bike -- He currently rides a 2007 KLX250 -- and he asked me what would be a good bike for the type of riding we do. I recommended the WR250R, and asked him whether he would then sell his KLX to me. I rode a 1989 KLR250 then. We exchanged a few emails as to the pros and cons of various bike, and he then emails me that he found a WR250R in Maine.
A few days later i get an email that he bought the WR, and that he will sell me his KLX in January (so he can finish the year on his old bike). I list my KLR and find a buyer, get his VIN for the KLX, put it on my insurance, and am anxiously awaiting January to arrive, so I can start working on the KLX. It needs nothing, but I plan to do some mods nonetheless - 122 main jet, open airbox, fork oil, et cetera.
My wife and I talk about how lucky he is to have found a WR at a decent price, and how excited I am about getting the KLX.

Fast forward to today. As we exchange gifts under the tree (we exchange our gifts on Christmas Eve), I get a small box that I'm not allowed to open until 7 o'clock. When I do, I find a small card that says to look outside. I do, but I can only make out a person walking up my dark staircase leading to the deck. In comes my riding buddy (whom I told not to disturb my time with family today :) ), and he takes me outside, In front of the garage sits the WR with a bow on it.

So, the wool has been pulled over my eyes for a month. My wife contacted him regarding a bike for me, he tricked me into telling him what I like, found it, then he drove 700 miles round trip to get the bike, hid it at his place, cleaned it, and brought it to me tonight. And the best part - I was not expecting it at all.
I would have never thought that my wife would even consider a bike for me, since she does not like me riding in the woods. I would not expect an ADV Inmate I met only this year to go out of his way like this for me. And I would not expect the two of them to scheme behind my back. Together, they surely made my Christmas special.

Oh, the bike is an 08 with 5k on the clock. I suspect we'll have fun together.

Merry Christmas everyone.
henrymartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #3372
timwicked
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Congrats on the new bike,a good friend,and an awesome wife!
timwicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:31 AM   #3373
EvilClown

Merry Christmas, Henry (and everyone else)!

That is a great story!

Thanks for sharing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrymartin View Post

But first, let me backtrack a little. A few weeks ago, a riding buddy emailed me that his wife gave him the green light on getting a better bike -- He currently rides a 2007 KLX250 -- and he asked me what would be a good bike for the type of riding we do. I recommended the WR250R, and asked him whether he would then sell his KLX to me. I rode a 1989 KLR250 then. We exchanged a few emails as to the pros and cons of various bike, and he then emails me that he found a WR250R in Maine.
A few days later i get an email that he bought the WR, and that he will sell me his KLX in January (so he can finish the year on his old bike). I list my KLR and find a buyer, get his VIN for the KLX, put it on my insurance, and am anxiously awaiting January to arrive, so I can start working on the KLX. It needs nothing, but I plan to do some mods nonetheless - 122 main jet, open airbox, fork oil, et cetera.
My wife and I talk about how lucky he is to have found a WR at a decent price, and how excited I am about getting the KLX.

Fast forward to today. As we exchange gifts under the tree (we exchange our gifts on Christmas Eve), I get a small box that I'm not allowed to open until 7 o'clock. When I do, I find a small card that says to look outside. I do, but I can only make out a person walking up my dark staircase leading to the deck. In comes my riding buddy (whom I told not to disturb my time with family today :) ), and he takes me outside, In front of the garage sits the WR with a bow on it.

So, the wool has been pulled over my eyes for a month. My wife contacted him regarding a bike for me, he tricked me into telling him what I like, found it, then he drove 700 miles round trip to get the bike, hid it at his place, cleaned it, and brought it to me tonight. And the best part - I was not expecting it at all.
I would have never thought that my wife would even consider a bike for me, since she does not like me riding in the woods. I would not expect an ADV Inmate I met only this year to go out of his way like this for me. And I would not expect the two of them to scheme behind my back. Together, they surely made my Christmas special.

Old 12-25-2012, 04:57 AM   #3374
PWRCRZR
Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer: 7,396
Quote:

Congrats to you Henry and Merry Christmas

My wife and one of my riding friends pulled off a similar stunt on me a few Christmas's ago...
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:25 AM   #3375
baiku OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,276
Quote:

Merry Christmas to you, Henry, and to all the inmates. Props to wife and friend for carrying the scheme off.

You're gonna love the WR. DAMHIK!