Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #601
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer: 4,412
Am I reading this right? Should I say "Welcome back to Canada Ellen" ???

Andi...you know that I don't drink much but sometimes it is good for stress levels to sit in front of a bottle.Put on your hat and......Anyone down there that wants to do that to him, get him shitfaced on "I think" some good scotch....I'll buy and even Paypal you the $$$$.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:20 PM   #602
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by H96669 View Post
Am I reading this right? Should I say "Welcome back to Canada Ellen" ???

Andi...you know that I don't drink much but sometimes it is good for stress levels to sit in front of a bottle.Put on your hat and......Anyone down there that wants to do that to him, get him shitfaced on "I think" some good scotch....I'll buy and even Paypal you the $$$$.
Heya Pierre

Yeap she is in Montreal now.... we just can't get away from Canada eh , ironically she is only a coupla hundred km away from Maya!!!

Took care of the stress problem, bought a 1.75 L of Bombay Saphire .... chics drink but I love it ... actually I like most grog

Now I can update all the trip reports, prepping Hobbit and Chiwi for sale giving them a clean up ... Hobbit looks nice now ... I might have to lowball myself with an offer
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:38 PM   #603
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Gin for the Dutchie!.....tell Ellen to bring back some of that "De Kuyper Geneva Gin" the old guys like to drink up there. Nowhere else in N/A do people drink that, acquired taste but nice label... Good as a grog with some maple syrup.

One of them KTMs for sale in Kelowna, too rich for my taste. But Ken said that he knows where there may be a couple DRs....

Oh! Welcome back to Canada Ellen!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #604
stoney4vida
Semper Fidelis

Oddometer: 2,160
I'm in
stoney4vida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:02 PM   #605
Kiwi Canuck
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
We needs the facts, OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
Heya Pierre

Yeap she is in Montreal now.... we just can't get away from Canada eh , ironically she is only a coupla hundred km away from Maya!!!

Took care of the stress problem, bought a 1.75 L of Bombay Saphire .... chics drink but I love it ... actually I like most grog

Now I can update all the trip reports, prepping Hobbit and Chiwi for sale giving them a clean up ... Hobbit looks nice now ... I might have to lowball myself with an offer
So you have had enough time to splane yourself, but no, you just keep us waiting and guessing so here's the questions I've been waiting to have answered. (unless I missed them)

Where did you find Maya and how did it unfold so quickly.
How are you getting the bike transported to you or are you going to get it and ride it back?
How much of your existing gear can fit on the new stead and how much will be shipped home?
What's the status with the injured M/C (Chiwi) are you going fix her or just sell her as is?
How about Hobbit, hows the progress with selling him, or are you putting him up for adoption?
How about Ellen, is she for sale? Just kidding Ellen!!!

Take care and hopefully I'll see you on the road either in N/A or NZ. for a few
Old 12-11-2012, 10:18 AM   #606
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Eh! I have the same questions,no rush snowing here. Give him time to finish the Gin, he needed that and more....!
Old 12-11-2012, 11:00 AM   #607
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Gin for the Dutchie!.....tell Ellen to bring back some of that "De Kuyper Geneva Gin" the old guys like to drink up there. Nowhere else in N/A do people drink that, acquired taste but nice label... Good as a grog with some maple syrup.

One of them KTMs for sale in Kelowna, too rich for my taste. But Ken said that he knows where there may be a couple DRs....

Oh! Welcome back to Canada Ellen!
I think one bottle of Gin should see me through ... although that depends on when these daman truckers pick up Maya.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #608
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Heya David, nice to hear from your mate, answers are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Canuck View Post
So you have had enough time to splane yourself, but no, you just keep us waiting and guessing so here's the questions I've been waiting to have answered. (unless I missed them)

Where did you find Maya and how did it unfold so quickly. Found Maya on the Flea market on ADV that I did not know existed until we put our bikes up then accidentally found her
How are you getting the bike transported to you or are you going to get it and ride it back? Relying on a shipping company to do it, hope they are not full of shit
How much of your existing gear can fit on the new stead and how much will be shipped home?, yeah big trim down of luxury items so down to bone now so some give and take, a big box will go home
What's the status with the injured M/C (Chiwi) are you going fix her or just sell her as is? Chiwi on the chasis bed right now, they guy took one look and said no problem at all one if the easier ones to do, no wrinkles or kinks so pretty lucky, so will be as good as new and I won't sell her half pie, either 100% or we part her out.
How about Hobbit, hows the progress with selling him, or are you putting him up for adoption? He is up for adoption too, got to recover as much as we can after spending on Maya and re luggaging
How about Ellen, is she for sale? Just kidding Ellen!!! .... how much for the yello one

Take care and hopefully I'll see you on the road either in N/A or NZ. for a few

Two Moto Kiwis screwed with this post 12-11-2012 at 06:13 PM
Old 12-12-2012, 12:45 AM   #609
SkycamNZ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Andi, that photo titled 'In through reception' had me thinkin' hmmm... Salicia Gardens tonings... :) Nice!
Old 12-12-2012, 11:46 AM   #610
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
I think one bottle of Gin should see me through ... although that depends on when these daman truckers pick up Maya.

Got my own little rant with Wells Fargo and their rather large service fees to get money out of their bank machines in AK last summer. Good luck... And very nice bike BTW, had some time and checked the thread in the flea market. Maya ROCKS !!!

Dammit....hard to find a well set 650 up here to go catch some sun in February/march/april. I'd seriously consider one of yours but too far and no time for the import business.

Need a quick spec from you. How low can you make one of them DRs to see if I could fit that inside the tintop? Alutop in my case. Could I go down to 40" or so?Removing parts wouldn't be a problem....even a temporary wooden front wheel to gain clearance, had to do that once on a much bigger bike but that was just so we could move it, the steeltop back then was big enough.

How about a good book or 2 to go with the grog? No need for a reply.....

Eh....wanna see the innards of that yellow Ducati?
Old 12-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #611
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkycamNZ View Post
Andi, that photo titled 'In through reception' had me thinkin' hmmm... Salicia Gardens tonings... :) Nice!
Classic ... yeah brings back memories having 7 VTR 1000's in the lounge
Old 12-12-2012, 06:15 PM   #612
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Got my own little rant with Wells Fargo and their rather large service fees to get money out of their bank machines in AK last summer. Good luck... And very nice bike BTW, had some time and checked the thread in the flea market. Maya ROCKS !!!

Dammit....hard to find a well set 650 up here to go catch some sun in February/march/april. I'd seriously consider one of yours but too far and no time for the import business.

Need a quick spec from you. How low can you make one of them DRs to see if I could fit that inside the tintop? Alutop in my case. Could I go down to 40" or so?Removing parts wouldn't be a problem....even a temporary wooden front wheel to gain clearance, had to do that once on a much bigger bike but that was just so we could move it, the steeltop back then was big enough.

How about a good book or 2 to go with the grog? No need for a reply.....

Eh....wanna see the innards of that yellow Ducati?
Heya Pierre

We can store it for your easy enough ....anything can happen.

The DR from bottom of the bashplate to top of handlebars is 39 inches including the 30 mm risers so if you rotated the bars a bit you could easy gain more space.

We took off the back wheel, front wheel and forks and fitted the both into the back of a ute to bring them out of Mexico, easy as.

That report will be out tomorrow and you will see what happened.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #613
vabuckaroo68
Gnarly!

Oddometer: 1,142
Good to hear you folks doing OK. I understand some folks have had issues with the subframe on the SE's. I think, though, these folks are also doing some seriously hard riding with alot of weight in the side bags. (jumping?) I know some folks have a bit of reinforcing and have been fine. Hit up Craig at CJ Designs if you need anything for Maya. He's a good guy and has put a few miles on his 950 ADV.
Hope you folks have a great Christmas and New Years.
04 KTM 950 ADV ~ "BEASTIE", '08 KTM 450 XCR-W, Husky 360 WR/CR, Bultaco Frontera 250
vabuckaroo68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #614
ciedema
мотоциклист

Oddometer: 1,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabuckaroo68 View Post
(jumping?)
mmm Andi had better make this stronger then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR650L_Dave View Post
The only guaranteed route to failure is the attempted solution of problems through the application of ideology.
ciedema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #615
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabuckaroo68 View Post
Good to hear you folks doing OK. I understand some folks have had issues with the subframe on the SE's. I think, though, these folks are also doing some seriously hard riding with alot of weight in the side bags. (jumping?) I know some folks have a bit of reinforcing and have been fine. Hit up Craig at CJ Designs if you need anything for Maya. He's a good guy and has put a few miles on his 950 ADV.
Hope you folks have a great Christmas and New Years.
Thanks mate, yeah I think most will be riding their SE's the way they were meant to, we won't be looking for 6 ft jumps with two and house and contents on board but will still take proactive moves to avoid damage if we can.