Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #601
Lurky-Loo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2wheels View Post
A bit below the dignity of a multi-champion?
Crash.net has this article
Rossi: Stoner 'started to hate me' after Laguna 2008
Sure, wait until the guy leaves then talk about him.
IMHO, not too classy there, VR
I'd put the antipathy starting towards the end of 2007, when Rossi and Ezpeleta put pressure on Bridgestone to supply Rossi. I remember Stoner calling Rossi a whiner for asking for "his" tires. (It was funny watching Vermeulen parrot Stoner.)

I don't doubt Stoner will air opinions about his former colleagues in the weeks and years to come. It won't be classy or unclassy -- it's inevitable.
Lurky-Loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #602
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.

Oddometer: 3,698
Goody Goody

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg7KM8LA4h4
Old 12-12-2012, 03:27 AM   #603
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurky-Loo View Post
I'd put the antipathy starting towards the end of 2007, when Rossi and Ezpeleta put pressure on Bridgestone to supply Rossi. I remember Stoner calling Rossi a whiner for asking for "his" tires. (It was funny watching Vermeulen parrot Stoner.)
If my memory serves me right, 2007 was the year, when Michelin riders were really screwed in more than one race weekend, without a snowball´s chance in hell, when their tyres either fell apart, or were simply cooked long before race distance. In that situation, I don´t consider it ´whining´ to voice your opinion, or make arrangements to switch to the brand, that has obviously become the one to have.

Maybe it wasn´t so surprising, how good Bridgestone had become, but how bad Michelin were all of a sudden. Probably knew they were on their way out, but to supply your riders with tyres they cannot even finish the race with, that is inexcusable.

Pecha72 screwed with this post 12-12-2012 at 04:43 AM
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:32 AM   #604
DandyDoug
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 378
Yesterday i read a good article by Dennis Noyes over on Speed .com " Peace in our time" all about the saga of GP and the electronic magic boxes vs Honda, and the rest of the world.

I'm going to hold off commenting on the capability of any riders in 2013 until we see some lap times .

At any rate i suppose the fast guys will still be the faster guys no matter what wizardry they throw at them . My opinion of the show is not much different than what KR said when 2 strokes went away "It's just street bike racing". Yes I get it that these are "prototypes" but they sound like a street bike, look like a street bike with an expensive front end but that's about it.

The best class of the bunch is Moto 3 , followed by Moto 2 , the GP bikes leave me cold.
DandyDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #605
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter

Oddometer: 2,696
@Official_CS27: I think Valentino feels a little more brave now that I'm not there:) http://t.co/xLeB01xC

@Official_CS27: I think @marcmarquez93 will do a good job stirring things up next year also, should be good to watch!
dontlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:55 AM   #606
Lurky-Loo
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlr View Post
@Official_CS27: I think Valentino feels a little more brave now that I'm not there:) http://t.co/xLeB01xC
Well, there you go. Though I don't blame Stoner -- looking at Rossi's extended remarks, Rossi's overdoing it.

But Stoner's ability to shut Rossi up on the track is now history, and that's probably going to be hard for Stoner to accept.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:12 AM   #607
Joe
Debaser

Oddometer: 1,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurky-Loo View Post
Well, there you go. Though I don't blame Stoner -- looking at Rossi's extended remarks, Rossi's overdoing it.

But Stoner's ability to shut Rossi up on the track is now history, and that's probably going to be hard for Stoner to accept.

I always question what was said and how it is/was reported. The fact that this drum is still banging is proof that Motogp has gone a little stale.

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #608
ErikY.
Here, Now.

Oddometer: 2,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
I always question what was said and how it is/was reported. The fact that this drum is still banging is proof that Motogp has gone a little stale.
Well it is silly season too.
ErikY. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #609
Lurky-Loo
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
I dunno. The racing was good during the '00s, and that was endless melodrama with Rossi vs. Biaggi, Rossi vs. Gibernau, etc.

But I agree MotoGP has become a little stale. I just hope it doesn't suddenly become exciting when a front runner hits a CRT at speed.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #610
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter

who really is the Best Alien, by the numbers
Old 12-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #611
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,116
Quote:
Interesting but the only one that counts is "average points per start" and honestly that is not even possible to compare. You have to compare avg. points per start when all four started."
IMO Rossi did not have the same level on competition for a few years so he should be higher than he is. Therefore it makes Jorge even more impressive as the leader of the aliens.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #612
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter

So many variables on that list but 2 years on the Turnip Truck will also skew the numbers a bit dropping the average points per race by a bit.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #613
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
From the Jerez test

Old 12-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #614
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse

Oddometer: 7,167
Quote:
So many variables on that list but 2 years on the Turnip Truck will also skew the numbers a bit dropping the average points per race by a bit.
You would be comparing Rossi on the Turnip Truck vs Stoner on the Turnip Truck, so that would even it out quite a bit. But I agree with Rich, all that chart shows is who has been in the class the longest.
Kropotkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #615
twotyred
Practising Recedivist

Oddometer: 1,925
That is a beautiful photo!!!

More enthusiasm than ability!!
twotyred is offline   Reply With Quote